American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found the last few. The number below is the "Payout percentage." At DL, that number is used to determine what your PS check will be. So for 2014, everyone's PS check (gross) worked out to roughly 16.58% of their eligible income for that year.

2014: 16.58%
2015: 21.46%
2016: 10.3%
2017: Posted earlier up the thread

ok, so now, assume a dl ramp guy earned $60k, $60k, $70k and $70k that past 4 years.

it would take a 'team' member at aa 25 years of profit sharing to equal that. that is why i harp on the getting a hourly wage premium over dl & ua.

2015 alone...a check for $12,750?? my buddy at dl got 2 checks, it was so much money. he got around $15k.

So instead of feverishly working to get a JCBA, both sides are working feverishly at not getting one done.
Sit and wait...

Well there are plenty of stories out there of groups waiting still plenty more years than where we sit right now. TWU Ramp at SWA was about 4 years and AMFA is almost at 5 and a half years and finally coming to a vote.

If neither side feels they should move from their position what more can be asked?

after getting fired up over the dl PS..

i don't believe there would have been any chance of the iam being the sole representative. say an election was held, and ralph kramden's bus driver union, the twu, won the election.

i'm not sure how things would be different when this company is so f@ck!ng stingy. much to the ire of the iam, maybe the twu would have been anxious to package up and sell lus' insurance? what would team stingy give back for it? .24 cents over dl and an additional week vc?

the company wants the insurance, but they also want jobs, change work language and they don't want to pay us. to me, the reason there is no progress is due to team stingy, not the assoc.

If Parker doesn’t want to include profit sharing as part of our compensation but instead pay us more in wages, we need to know what the average PS is likely to be in the future at UA and DL. It looks like it has fluctuated quite a bit over the past 4 years so I wonder how he plans to guarantee that we are paid more than our friends at UA and DL. 3% above DL and no PS won’t cut it.

Don't be surprised if the LAA counter is a last offer before going to Section 6.

Might be why there has been no movement towards setting up meeting dates until we get closer to the current CBA amenable date.

Section 6 as an association or Section 6 with the TWU and IAM separately?

Not so sure now we could even get the Company to agree to keep their Profit Sharing Bonus scheme in exchange for a higher offering on wages? Early on that was the Parker line why we weren’t being given PS and again 7% above was his offer.

But other workgroups cried that they wanted it and here we are today. (Less individual value pay)

Also as a workgroup if we could negotiate to dump PS for higher wages and it was agreed to can we remember we did it in the future and it was a choice we made or will we forget and start complaining that “Everyone else gets PS, the Company hates us”???

Not so sure now we could even get the Company to agree to keep their Profit Sharing Bonus scheme in exchange for a higher offering on wages? Early on that was the Parker line why we weren’t being given PS and again 7% above was his offer.

But other workgroups cried that they wanted it and here we are today. (Less individual value pay)

Also as a workgroup if we could negotiate to dump PS for higher wages and it was agreed to can we remember we did it in the future and it was a choice we made or will we forget and start complaining that “Everyone else gets PS, the Company hates us”???
Never understood the argument PS over increased wages...still don’t!

When the two sides announced they would have a mediator "sit in" during the negotiations, last year, I said it was an attempt for the airline to set the stage for Section 6 if we reached that point. Most scoffed at that notion and discounted the mediator being involved even if only peripherally.

At the moment, to me, it seems the airline is setting up a last offer with the hope to build pressure before making that presentation.

If it isn't put out for a vote the Mediator may have enough information to push the Association towards the airline rather than the reverse, feeling we haven't been dealing in their definition of good faith bargaining.
the association doesnt have to bargain at all unless you are talking about a few years down the road within section 6? I also suspect i may disagree with you about good faith bargaining within section 6 as its mostly political. Unless an airline claims "final offer" I havent seen any cases that a mediator declared an impass without at least a few years since the openers. And we are 4 months from openers.
In reality, we did hit some dealbreakers. Sito and Alex letter demanding the iam pension, and the company insistence to move the health plan.
Regardless, i doubt the company comes back to the table until Alex and Sito stop their repeative tantrums about Johnson. There will be a better package presented from what i heard but if it goes in section 6 then the offer will be less, alot less..

Never understood the argument PS over increased wages...still don’t!

There are people who like the idea of gambling out there.

And it’s the psychological idea that somewhere you’re being cheated or played for a schmuck that gets under people’s skin and makes them think irrationally.

Ok I was going to save this for tomorrow, but..... I was talking to a co-worker who has a masters in business, and he read what was on jetnet about the 401K, he has informed me that yes, it is a true 9%, 5% automatic and 100% dollar for dollar of what we put in up to 4%.

I was wrong, and the consensus here was right, my apologizes but I still don't like how it is parsed.

Now no hitting me in the face or bellow the belt.

I can see how you reached your initial conclusion because of the way it was written.

Status
Not open for further replies.