American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol good deal?? Lmao must be good like how that 401k match supposedly work.You were wrong about that Bob and you’re wrong about it being a good deal lol it’s a chit deal

Give Bob a break. He needs to get about 10 more years or so under his belt and then he’ll know the difference between a good deal and a bad deal. (But he’ll still be selfish as hell)

In witch video did Parker mention reducing head count.
Corporate almost always will say "we want to eliminate work but nobody will lose their job". However, that is code for displacements. Reduced headcount is also inferred with buyouts. But no, I never heard Parker or any ceo say he was going to whack jobs even though pink slips flowed after the "no layoff guarantees".
Less work = Less Jobs. Thats the proven equation.

I thought “Handlers” was NYer’s word. C’mon man you’re more original than that. And I love Angelo if he did something to get under your skin? Did Ange do something to get under your skin Tim?

So Tim new word coming down that Sito has now insisted that there will be no deal switching you guys from the IAMPF. He’s adamant MORE money must be transferred into the fund. And Alex has taken an absolutely submissive role on the issue and stated yes Sito I’m 100% on your side to support your IAMNPF remaining in the hands of those who truly deserve it.

So when do you expect the next cuts to happen?
look, stay out of my conversations, we were not talking to you. You have already admitted that your intent is only to get these pages shut down so info flow will be limited. Nobody got under my skin, some dude lied out of his arse and told tpa and sju that their stations were guaranteed to stay open. I pm a fella in tpa and a fella in sju explaining, even on my cell with the TPA guy, and afterwards they both understood that what I explained was accurate and although neither said a bad word about that angelo guy who blew smoke up their arse, they thanked me for spending the time.

Parker was just in SJU and was showed a FB posting where someone claimed the Station would be closed if we went into Section 6. Parker stated emphatically that SJU would not be closed.

Now you can believe him in that area or not it’s up to you.

Again do you seriously believe the Company would want that sort of bad blood (Bad Faith) by closing any of those Stations on the possible chopping block and do you think the fate of a few hundred individuals is going to persuade the Association to capitulate to an unacceptable deal for 18,000 Ramp Agents? I highly doubt it.

The small rise in wages at DL and UAL would apply some small pressure yes.

I prefer not to believe DP, especially as it comes to furloughs and closures, because I saw him in-person during a town hall meeting when another asked him a straight forward question regarding lay-offs, and DP told the individual there would be no layoffs. Few weeks later huge layoffs happened in the location in question. He has no upside to announce furloughs or base closures as it would cause a panic and harm negotiations.

You should be getting a premium over what I get at DL; thats the value proposition a union is supposed to be delivering!

no doubt and i'm fairly sure the assoc. is aware...maybe more so about their lus insurance. what they can say in public and in private about wages are two different things?

again, it's not 1949 and i'm not sure what a 2018 union can do to show it's unhappiness towards a stingy company?

bottom line...delta took it's jet fuel windfall and shared it with it's employees and shareholders (dividends).

aa took it's jet fuel windfall and shared it with shareholders (buy backs).

going forward, until further notice...dl will continue to share with it's employees while aa is getting even more stingier towards it's 'team' members.

after the merger, not sure what fsc costs the company yearly in wages/benefits? maybe $800-$950 million a year? maybe someone from the assoc. can tell us?

the company just announced a fresh $2 billion buyback to expire in 2020. $1 billion a year.

in lieu of pathetic PS, if the company threw $75 million more per year in enhancements, maybe we'd get a contract and we wouldn't be posting here anymore? $375 million over a 5 year deal.

as of last year, southwest's labor costs took up 34% of their revenues, while aa's was only 28% - and aa's revenues are a lot more than southwest's.

majority non-union delta spent 32% of it's revenues on labor costs.

the labor costs percentages show just how stingy the world's largest airline is towards it's employees.

I prefer not to believe DP, especially as it comes to furloughs and closures, because I saw him in-person during a town hall meeting when another asked him a straight forward question regarding lay-offs, and DP told the individual there would be no layoffs. Few weeks later huge layoffs happened in the location in question. He has no upside to announce furloughs or base closures as it would cause a panic and harm negotiations.
+1
Sad how a so called union leader in LGA supports DP and told his pupil in tpa and sju to believe DP. The dope gave out my personal information to harass me and I guess I could go to HR but that is anti union like our friend here.

At any rate, his pupils are converted and part of our information network of clear thinkers now.

Who needs to Metal? Do you want that offer the Company supposedly said they’re offering?

Just pointing out the obvious, WeAAsles. If fuel cost rise to higher levels, the union can’t keep saying the company is making record profits if those profits are greatly affected by fuel costs. And nowhere did I say I would vote in favor of a supposed offer. I do, however believe strongly that we as members have a right to see whatever is on the table in its entirety! The cat’s already out of the bag so the union should let the membership see for themselves what is so bad about this contract. Just because I want to see the details does not mean I would vote yes based on the few snippets I’ve seen!

Status
Not open for further replies.