American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Discussion in 'American Airlines' started by Buck, Mar 19, 2018.

1. 1AA

1AA Veteran

He is a trustee for the IAMPF.
    He has a business responsibility to oversee the IAMPF.
    He is also one of the board of Directors for UAL.
    Total conflict of interest.
    Just Google his name. You will be surprised why he is in our negotiations.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. B737 driver

B737 driver Veteran

I see what you are talking about, the money man for the Bernie Madoff pension fund., so sad.

3. WeAAsles

WeAAsles Veteran

I see you’re at it again “Bad Salesman” Sito Pantoja is no longer on the Board of Trustees. And if you watched the last video (Of course you did) you would know that the IAM has no problem with the Company leaving the IAMNPF as long as they pay the “Withdrawal Liability Fee” which is a responsibility by Law they can’t step away from.

Anyway here’s that current Board of Trustees which we can be 100% sure you’ll ignore anyway cause it goes against your agenda.

https://www.iamnpf.org/about-us/board-trustees

3FC96529-B88B-4243-AA2D-91570011D1C8.png

4. WeAAsles

WeAAsles Veteran

Oh and BTW driver those Association videos are public so you can watch them as well since you have such a huge daily interest in what’s going on here at American Airlines.

“The truth shall set you free”

http://www.usaamerger.com/

5. WeAAsles

WeAAsles Veteran

Hey Forum Clown AKA: “Bad Salesman” here you go. Watch the videos. You’re right. Information is so scarce, LMFAO.

http://www.usaamerger.com/

6. we're screwed

we're screwed Member

If the masses want to vote on something let it be this... Let the membership decide if we want any part of that sorry pension, or want to continue the fight for IAM medical. Or we want to GIVE on that and focus on strengthening scope, ect. Are negotiations not a give and take? If this ASSociation is going to put its foot down and not budge on either of these two items, it's time to listen to it's members. Far past time.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. WeAAsles

WeAAsles Veteran

#17992 WeAAsles, May 19, 2019
    Last edited: May 19, 2019

Some of you seem to be having a very hard time understanding this. “ERISA”

And the Company is not providing any options for strengthening Scope if we relent to giving up the LUS Medical plans. So it’s not as simple as just saying let’s screw the IAM guys so we can get what we want.

https://www.pbgc.gov/prac/multiemployer/withdrawal-liability

https://www.dol.gov/agencies/ebsa/a...ies/resource-center/fact-sheets/what-is-erisa

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. we're screwed

we're screwed Member

How in the holy f*** did you get screw the IAM guys outta that? I'm not saying screw one group or another. By the way, there is not supposed to be IAM guys, or TWU guys. Have we all not been forced in to this ASSociation? For the negotiators to tell the company to pound sand if the better medical or crappy pention is touched is ridiculous. Negotiate.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  9. MetalMover

MetalMover Veteran

#17994 MetalMover, May 19, 2019
    Last edited: May 19, 2019
    I am not completely satisfied with whats on the table for my group. But I see deja vu all over again. For many negotiations years past it was about saving OH jobs and we all know how that worked out. I see the TWU is using the same page from the same playbook but now it is with Title 2 jobs. I will not fall for those threats again. Protect everyone who is here now. But I will not vote to protect ANY group’s jobs at the expense of better pay and benefits. and jobs that will be lost anyway! And that includes mx jobs!

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. MetalMover

MetalMover Veteran

Once again.....the minority union holding the majority hostage!
    HAD ENOUGH YET?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. swamt

swamt Veteran

Can you elaborate a bit on this?

"for those in the conspiracy mode at the 27:27 mark of the M&R panel review the iam reps explains that there is an understanding on the amt position that any additional percent raises would be applied to all groups for fairness. and now that the company came out with the "southwest" proposal into the mix that has changed...."

Are you implying they are pulling the SWA wage offer? Or, is it that they will not apply the same % with other groups since the new SWA wages came up??

12. swamt

swamt Veteran

If this is not enough to fire this asso. I don't know what is. You all have very valid points on removing this asso. as your representative. Pull the trigger guys, run the AMP cards again. You guys just keep getting the runaround, and you guys just keep letting it happen to you. Pull the dam trigger and get a class and craft union in there.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. WeAAsles

WeAAsles Veteran

Who told anyone to pound sand? You do know besides them wanting lower cost Medical the more important thing isn’t even the lower price but the ability to audit their Medical expenditures to make sure they aren’t lying to us if they say the cost as gone up and to have caps on that rise.

Unless maybe you’re fine with giving the Company Carte Blanche and they can raise it every year whatever they want and erode those wages everyone wants so badly?

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. WeAAsles

WeAAsles Veteran

And I vote that we at least keep all the work we perform today at the very least and am willing to wait however long it takes till the Company comes down to that level.

They got the Work they wanted in the 2003 Concessionary train and 2011 Bankruptcy strong arm.

I’m not interested in selling them any of my work.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  15. swamt

swamt Veteran

Time to run a card drive...

And all of us here wish you would stop writing on here too. You are a mechanic hater, fleet luver, and asso. worshiper...

• Winner Winner x 3