American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
No raise until full contract renegotiated. Gives both parties plenty of motivation. That’s what I would have preferred.

Now we are just satisfied to show up and no one is angry enough to start a card drive to motivate association
We need a card drive get a vote and hopefully send the association packing. And have our own union and separate negotiations with our interest and not that of greedy association that is fighting for its life to keep the iampf. And get rid of the United board member who has his best interest and not ours.

Reactions: B737 driver
No raise until full contract renegotiated. Gives both parties plenty of motivation. That’s what I would have preferred.

I preferred the raise myself. I like being paid in cash and motivation never made a car payment.

Now we are just satisfied to show up and no one is angry enough to start a card drive to motivate association

Try motivating the Company and you may get a deal faster than you know it. The Association doesn’t have the keys to the Company’s bank accounts.

We need a card drive get a vote and hopefully send the association packing. And have our own union and separate negotiations with our interest and not that of greedy association that is fighting for its life to keep the iampf. And get rid of the United board member who has his best interest and not ours.

I’m glad you’re no longer working on Aircraft that I might fly on. Please don’t touch a wrench ever again.

The,fact is Weazz pensions everywhere are underfunded or taken over. People are sold a bill of goods the money will be there, when they retire. Most times you are lucky if you get 40 to 50% of what you were promised. You are better with a 401k, and what you yourself can put in a Roth IRA. Plus your social security, or military retirement.

Exactly!

Shame that some supposed "trade unionists" are still trying to keep that anchor around labor's neck.

FYI. Sito Pantoja is closing in on 65 years old. He’ll likely be announcing his retirement soon. The IAM has a behind the curtain philosophy that once a rep reaches 65 its time for them to move on and let someone else step up. (Otherwise we get guys like Biden, Bernie and Trump running for POTUS, old dirt)

The 65 caveat was why you saw Rich Delaney just suddenly drift off.

Like I said. When you talk to people you learn things.
I remember Jim Little's parting shot before retirement! Bowing down to the AFL-CIO's Trumpka and agreeing to the ASSociation!
He pulled the pin on the grenade, tossed it in the room and rode off into the sunset!
The damage is still being felt today!

Last edited:
the iam has put themselves in a corner. when they got their contract as payment for the takeover they had a very secure feeling with the company and having the twu handcuffed and gagged in the association. when the iam leadership decided "it was not the right time" to protest or show any type of solidarity it showed the company where to drive the wedge. when the company came out and wanted out of the iam pension and the iam medical THEN IT BECAME TIME for solidarity. unfortunately after the hosing the twu side has received there would not be much or any support for the association.

so what in it for Sito?
if they can drag this out until a contract is imposed they can point at the nmb and the membership why they lost both.

so whats in it for Sito? hopefully a political excuse/solution to resolve a piss poor performance as a partner in the association. will they learn from this? no. reference the association's response to the companies offer, low quality videos and nonsense when the membership wants a clear explanation and side by side comparison of all the positions

how will it end up? one of two ways

they drag it out the company imposes a contract and the iam ran association points fingers at the nmb and the membership.

a deal is cut sacrificing something to save the iam pension, since they know the medical is done. can you guess who or what will be sacrificed again?
Oh, the strength in numbers!

I remember Jim Little's parting shot before retirement! Bowing down to the AFL-CIO's Trumpka and agreeing to the ASSoication!
He pulled the pin on the grenade, tossed it in the room and rode off into the sunset!
The damage is still being felt today!

How could you ever forget since you wake up obsessed with it every morning?

So this is interesting. My former Local Fleet Service President Sidney Jimenez is the Admin of a Group page for TWU/IAM AMT’s?

1D20C8C4-2CCA-4B61-B60A-72BABDB0083F.png 68AE3953-0F34-4E4F-9635-F9E5FECB8866.png

well I hope the company pony's up to get the iam memberrs out of their pension, give us all a raise, a 401k contribution, signing bonus and iam medical. They can use our prefunding. The insanity of Stuart Smalley on here is rather amusing. Twu might as well, just return everyone's dues. . company will just wait for arbitration in ten years, and nothing twu can really do about anything. Pilots and flight attendants should get a decent contract. when are the ticket agent's contracts up, surprised the company doesn't open there's now.

well I hope the company pony's up to get the iam memberrs out of their pension, give us all a raise, a 401k contribution, signing bonus and iam medical. They can use our prefunding. The insanity of Stuart Smalley on here is rather amusing. Twu might as well, just return everyone's dues. . company will just wait for arbitration in ten years, and nothing twu can really do about anything. Pilots and flight attendants should get a decent contract. when are the ticket agent's contracts up, surprised the company doesn't open there's now.
Yeah when the unions gave cross utilization up for the raise. They lost there bargaining chip.

What’s sad is all here who want to see a vote with hopes of getting a deal mean squat to the idiots who hold all the power.
With the thousands I’ve pumped into the IAM over the years mean nothing compared to what I’ve lost over the last two years in pay and benefits. And no matter how big a signing bonus we get I will never get that money back.
If this goes past the next few months we will be done for years to come as AA begins to focus on other contracts. This is how much our so called union leaders care about the rank and file, we are nothing but dues members building their accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.