American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe you should stick to guessing about things you actually know about. If there is anything

The Company is now taking the union to court. My guess the data will show the union is clearly engaging this and they will be heavily fined. Seems another union lost hugely with one of these slow downs just a few years ago.

American seeks preliminary injunction to halt illegal slowdown by TWU-IAM Association

Team,

We are incredibly proud of our Tech Ops and Fleet Service team members. We are eager to deliver an industry-leading contract. Unfortunately, the union has chosen to illegally gain leverage in contract negotiations by directing a coordinated and deliberate illegal slowdown focused on the maintenance operation.

To date, 125,000 customers have been affected by 650 flight cancellations and more than 1,500 maintenance delays as a result of this slowdown. The data shows the odds of this being random as opposed to concerted activity are less than one-in-one billion.

Today, we filed for a preliminary injunction against the TWU-IAM Association, the TWU and the IAM to stop this illegal activity so we can all get back to running our operation as efficiently as possible.

Most importantly, we remain steadfast in our commitment to reach an industry-leading agreement to benefit all our hardworking Tech Ops and Fleet Service team members. We’ve proposed a contract that is the absolute best in the industry. As proof of this, we’ve offered alternatively to sign a contract with language identical to any other US airline if the union prefers.

While we await direction from the National Mediation Board (NMB), we will continue to care for our Tech Ops and Fleet Service teams. Because current contracts provide different pay rates for holidays and maintain different recognized holidays, we have approached the union to approve a parity plan for both recognition of the holiday and holiday pay. This parity plan would provide 2.5x their hourly pay for all those working on this Memorial Day holiday. Additionally it provides all TWU-IAM team members, on a day off on Memorial Day, holiday off pay equal to their regularly scheduled hours. We hope the TWU-IAM will agree.

Thank you to our team members who continue to give 100% every single day. We appreciate everything you do to care for our team members and customers, and to help your airline thrive.

C:\Users\339334~1.COR\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.png

The Company is now taking the union to court. My guess the data will show the union is clearly engaging this and they will be heavily fined. Seems another union lost hugely with one of these slow downs just a few years ago.

American seeks preliminary injunction to halt illegal slowdown by TWU-IAM Association

Team,

We are incredibly proud of our Tech Ops and Fleet Service team members. We are eager to deliver an industry-leading contract. Unfortunately, the union has chosen to illegally gain leverage in contract negotiations by directing a coordinated and deliberate illegal slowdown focused on the maintenance operation.

To date, 125,000 customers have been affected by 650 flight cancellations and more than 1,500 maintenance delays as a result of this slowdown. The data shows the odds of this being random as opposed to concerted activity are less than one-in-one billion.

Today, we filed for a preliminary injunction against the TWU-IAM Association, the TWU and the IAM to stop this illegal activity so we can all get back to running our operation as efficiently as possible.

Most importantly, we remain steadfast in our commitment to reach an industry-leading agreement to benefit all our hardworking Tech Ops and Fleet Service team members. We’ve proposed a contract that is the absolute best in the industry. As proof of this, we’ve offered alternatively to sign a contract with language identical to any other US airline if the union prefers.

While we await direction from the National Mediation Board (NMB), we will continue to care for our Tech Ops and Fleet Service teams. Because current contracts provide different pay rates for holidays and maintain different recognized holidays, we have approached the union to approve a parity plan for both recognition of the holiday and holiday pay. This parity plan would provide 2.5x their hourly pay for all those working on this Memorial Day holiday. Additionally it provides all TWU-IAM team members, on a day off on Memorial Day, holiday off pay equal to their regularly scheduled hours. We hope the TWU-IAM will agree.

Thank you to our team members who continue to give 100% every single day. We appreciate everything you do to care for our team members and customers, and to help your airline thrive.

What about VACATION AS WELL

Team,

What about Vacation?

That issue is still open. In the video you heard Tom Regan mention the 1114 regarding Retiree Medical and he was talking about us.
Didn't see the video but glad to hear the issue is not dead.

"As proof of this, we’ve offered alternatively to sign a contract with language identical to any other US airline if the union prefers."
WOW, I think I have just the contract you guys might present for duplication. Be sure they catch the 12 holidays including a floater and your birthday, the 8 hours payed rest after 20 to 24 hours of work when the next shift is your shift, your trade shift, or an overtime shift you accepted, just to name a few upgrades from your current contract.
http://amfa11.com/file_cabinet/SWA/Negotiations/Mech/Final TA April 2 2019.pdf

Now I’m wondering if the offer is for all 10 Holidays or if the Company just thinks they can throw the Dog a Bone for Memorial Day only?

If it’s only Memorial Day I hope the Association tells them to go pound sand.

AMFA held fast on not gutting our scope, because for the first 5 years, the company tried to buy it. Last year the T/A failed because the full retro payments were not in the package. We moved on international outsourcing with C check lines we are not doing anyway to pay for it, land kept our scope. The Association driving for the IAM postion , when you know the company will not move, is stupid, I have done negotiations and systems boards in the past, you have to move, but not give the store away. All this does is lead to ice by the mediator, because American is way to big to strike or ever be released.Especially in MIA, DFW, JFK, LGA, and Chicago!

What do you think might happen if the mechanics at LAA were negotiating without Fleet Service?
When you are comparing AMFA at SWA to LAA/LUS and the Association, AMFA does not support Fleet Service.

Last edited:
Now I’m wondering if the offer is for all 10 Holidays or if the Company just thinks they can throw the Dog a Bone for Memorial Day only?

I read it as only THIS Memorial day.

What has happened to the Line Mechanics of the New American Airlines?

It seems that the AMP drive is always starting in TULE. If you keep letting the Association control everything
you will never get a contract.

Yeah great idea let’s just say no we don’t want what is essentially a bonus for working the holiday. A yeah, screw that’s this freaking Ass is already throwing away money I say hell ya take it

I dont understand it ,its an interim bone why wouldnt you take it what is attached to tbe offer that makes you noy want it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts