American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because giving out the one single Holliday is only meant to hopefully placate and soothe the Members if they really were engaged in any job actions before the Summer. It’s also incredibly manipulative how they worded it at the end where they state that they hope the Association will accept it.

It’s an attempt to paint a picture that the Union is the bad guys if they don’t give their Membership the little crumbs.

For us in Fleet it’s an extra $369.72 before Taxes for the day. I grossed $69,000 last year Al. I’m not stupid enough to roll over for $369.72 cents.

Again all or nothing. And I mean all 10 at Double time and a Half for all Association Members.

Then agree to a deal where that’s what’s on the table then you can get if for every holiday.
I don’t get the all or nothing mentality though because what has it gained us, oh that’s right zip zero nada.
This stonewalling is useless and I’ve been around long enough to know that in doing so gains very little.
Take the money and get back to the table and work out the rest

They have been enjoying contract improvements for years, now they’re getting ready to start section 6 openers. Unlike us who have not enjoyed contract improvements for years.

The hard 40 was put in because they voted down contract extension when all the bookface know it alls said vote it down the company will give us everything we want. Except the fact is voting down only sent certain items to arbitration which the union lost on every item with arbitration

Hard to feel sorry for a workgroup getting full benefits and upset they have to work 40 hours a month.

Talk to both groups and they will tell you all the issues they have that they don’t like about those deals. They didn’t exactly receive the keys to Paradise even if you think otherwise.

And did you forget about the 24% midterm wage adjustment?

Don’t know why I have to keep reminding people of that.

Not sure what this means?

It’s not hard to understand. The Market does not like Labor problems and we have Labor problems here at AA. The injunction just proved it.

American Airlines -3% after Morgan Stanley warns on labor risk
May 20, 2019 8:46 AM•SA Editor Clark Schultz

Morgan Stanley drops American Airlines Group (NASDAQ:AAL) to an Underweight rating from Equal-weight and takes its price target all the way down to $26 from $40.

"AAL faces the most labor risk within the group, which we assume will be reset higher over the next 6- 18 months and drive CASM-Ex Fuel up 2.5-3.5% on average between 2019 / 2020, and further compounded by jet fuel prices rising ~10% next year per forwards," warns the MS analyst team.

Adding it all up, the firm sees downside risk to the consensus estimates on AAL.

AAL -2.93% premarket to $30.81 vs. a 52-week trading range of $28.81 to $45.82.

Then agree to a deal where that’s what’s on the table then you can get if for every holiday.
I don’t get the all or nothing mentality though because what has it gained us, oh that’s right zip zero nada.
This stonewalling is useless and I’ve been around long enough to know that in doing so gains very little.
Take the money and get back to the table and work out the rest

Only 1 for you. Now go sit on your pillow.

A7394DCF-282C-4F84-B8C7-FF86E83527A5.jpeg

Your contract only became amendable 8 Months ago so you haven’t lost anything over 2 and a half years.

And the Associations position is full retro back to that amendable date.
Keep saying that so you believe it weezal boy! The contract has maybe only been "amendable" for 2-21/2 years but IN FACT your PATHETIC asso. has been nego for well into 4-5 years. YOU are so afraid of it going any longer because your pathetical little a$$ kept hammering AMFA on how long they took! Welcome to the real world dum a$$!!! LOL.

According to the company info on jet net the proposals that have been posted was on the table almost 2 years ago so yes 2 years of lost wages and benefits you can spin it anyway you choose.
Again point being we who pay these guys salaries have no voice we are stuck with their BS videos and being told to expect a long summer.
It’s time to vote and let our voices be heard
Brother, been telling you that since the very beginning. But all you AA'ers were not believing me until, BAM!, It all came true. Sorry, But told you so...

The Company is now taking the union to court. My guess the data will show the union is clearly engaging this and they will be heavily fined. Seems another union lost hugely with one of these slow downs just a few years ago.

American seeks preliminary injunction to halt illegal slowdown by TWU-IAM Association

Team,

We are incredibly proud of our Tech Ops and Fleet Service team members. We are eager to deliver an industry-leading contract. Unfortunately, the union has chosen to illegally gain leverage in contract negotiations by directing a coordinated and deliberate illegal slowdown focused on the maintenance operation.

To date, 125,000 customers have been affected by 650 flight cancellations and more than 1,500 maintenance delays as a result of this slowdown. The data shows the odds of this being random as opposed to concerted activity are less than one-in-one billion.

Today, we filed for a preliminary injunction against the TWU-IAM Association, the TWU and the IAM to stop this illegal activity so we can all get back to running our operation as efficiently as possible.

Most importantly, we remain steadfast in our commitment to reach an industry-leading agreement to benefit all our hardworking Tech Ops and Fleet Service team members. We’ve proposed a contract that is the absolute best in the industry. As proof of this, we’ve offered alternatively to sign a contract with language identical to any other US airline if the union prefers.

While we await direction from the National Mediation Board (NMB), we will continue to care for our Tech Ops and Fleet Service teams. Because current contracts provide different pay rates for holidays and maintain different recognized holidays, we have approached the union to approve a parity plan for both recognition of the holiday and holiday pay. This parity plan would provide 2.5x their hourly pay for all those working on this Memorial Day holiday. Additionally it provides all TWU-IAM team members, on a day off on Memorial Day, holiday off pay equal to their regularly scheduled hours. We hope the TWU-IAM will agree.

Thank you to our team members who continue to give 100% every single day. We appreciate everything you do to care for our team members and customers, and to help your airline thrive.

C:\Users\339334~1.COR\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.png

If this is a recent message, then AA is still playing "THE EXACT SAME PLAYBOOK AS SWA DID" Sue the mechanics union with no proof what-so-ever. Gotta love this crap huh???

Didn't see the video but glad to hear the issue is not dead.

WOW, I think I have just the contract you guys might present for duplication. Be sure they catch the 12 holidays including a floater and your birthday, the 8 hours payed rest after 20 to 24 hours of work when the next shift is your shift, your trade shift, or an overtime shift you accepted, just to name a few upgrades from your current contract.
http://amfa11.com/file_cabinet/SWA/Negotiations/Mech/Final TA April 2 2019.pdf
NICE!! You even supplied the highlighted additions and advancements for us, fantastic. Hope it really does help the mechanics at AA.

I just want to be in amt union or no union. I’m sick of being held hostage by association

Well I guess you don’t have to worry about the possibility of being called into an office and accused of being part of any work slowdowns.

The Company will probably give you a Gold wrench when you retire.

Is only title 1 being sued?

Can't wait for the next Podcast.

Can't wait for the next update signed by your association negotiating committee.

Can't wait for the next academy award winning GP YouTube ranting video blaming the company.

In the meantime nothing productive is happening with negotiations unless you can spin the lawsuit as productive for one side or the other.

Because giving out the one single Holliday is only meant to hopefully placate and soothe the Members if they really were engaged in any job actions before the Summer. It’s also incredibly manipulative how they worded it at the end where they state that they hope the Association will accept it.

It’s an attempt to paint a picture that the Union is the bad guys if they don’t give their Membership the little crumbs.

For us in Fleet it’s an extra $369.72 before Taxes for the day. I grossed $69,000 last year Al. I’m not stupid enough to roll over for $369.72 cents.

Again all or nothing. And I mean all 10 at Double time and a Half for all Association Members.
Understand, but youre going to have to comply with order anyway, thats my point.Remember your pilots the judge might award the company money making the asssociation cave in on contract

Status
Not open for further replies.