American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another bizarre turn of events. Company wants to pay us extra for one holiday and does a legal action. It just leaves you shaking your head wondering when the strange stuff will stop.

So this is how I see it.

The Company just filed an injunction against our Unions claiming WE are purposefully sabotaging the operation for our own gains. They wrote in their letter to us that it was only a one in a BILLION chance that we weren’t doing it.

But then after making a pretty shitty accusation against US they turn around and want to offer us from what I see so far is ONE SINGLE HOLIDAY as I read it?

So they’re saying that they want to reward us for doing something that is against the Law?

And to make matters worse they place the focus on our Unions by saying they HOPE they accept the little treats on our behalf for us!!!!!!!

They disrespect us by not negotiating and offering us crap, file a Lawsuit against us and then want us to roll over for the price of a freakin light bill.

C’mon let’s show a little self pride here people.

The reason they made the offer on the holiday pay is an incentive to guys to come to work and not disrupt the operation on the holiday is my guess. Smart maybe will it work prob not especially since they most likely will turn it down.

The other thing everyone is missing is the company saying if what they are proposing as a whole is not at the top of the industry then bring a contract of other airlines and they will sign onto that,
pretty bold if you ask me throwing it right back in the face of this so called negotiators.
This whole thing has become a big mess and the association is mostly to blame for it

Wow they’ve certainly made quite a lot of accusations here the majority of which being thrown at you AMT’s.

These even mentioned postings some of which look like they took directly from here for those of you who were naive enough to think the Company didn’t have eyes on Airline Forums.

https://twu514.org/files/2019/05/twuinjunction.pdf
One things for sure the ASS has eyes on this forum and you don’t miss a trick to name drop n suck up to it every chance you get. I guess the ASS was okay with accepting money over a contract a few years ago because it impacted their bottom line with increased dues. A holiday won’t do crap for dues increases though so piss on that shite. They have pride when it comes to holidays.
Apparently the ASS isn’t going to go along with it since your running interference for them already. Your handlers give you a heads up?

The reason they made the offer on the holiday pay is an incentive to guys to come to work and not disrupt the operation on the holiday is my guess. Smart maybe will it work prob not especially since they most likely will turn it down.

The other thing everyone is missing is the company saying if what they are proposing as a whole is not at the top of the industry then bring a contract of other airlines and they will sign onto that,
pretty bold if you ask me throwing it right back in the face of this so called negotiators.
This whole thing has become a big mess and the association is mostly to blame for it

The Association has said to give them that UAL deal and they will look it over. Of course it has to account for the fact that AA is larger than UAL particularly in Aircraft count.

The Association has said to give them that UAL deal and they will look it over. Of course it has to account for the fact that AA is larger than UAL particularly in Aircraft count.
That is awful. If our proposal is now the United contract then we lose most everything union related. The Association will make out like a bandit though with the unlimited part time. Virtually doubles the membership and dues overnight.

One things for sure the ASS has eyes on this forum and you don’t miss a trick to name drop n suck up to it every chance you get. I guess the ASS was okay with accepting money over a contract a few years ago because it impacted their bottom line with increased dues. A holiday won’t do crap for dues increases though so piss on that shite. They have pride when it comes to holidays.
Apparently the ASS isn’t going to go along with it since your running interference for them already. Your handlers give you a heads up?

Absolutely not. I’m actually signaling to them myself from this site that they should not accept any offer of only ONE single lousy little Holiday and should tell the Company to pound sand.

Maybe you Sir are a sniveling little worm who grovels in the dirt for every little pissed on Dollar you can get your starving little hands on, but some of us have just a little more pride in ourselves to roll over in the mud.

Besides the fact they file an injunction against us and you think we should take their money for doing it?

Maybe you’ll let me kick you in the nads and I’ll give you $5.00 for the pleasure of letting me?

So this is how I see it.

The Company just filed an injunction against our Unions claiming WE are purposefully sabotaging the operation for our own gains. They wrote in their letter to us that it was only a one in a BILLION chance that we weren’t doing it.

But then after making a pretty shitty accusation against US they turn around and want to offer us from what I see so far is ONE SINGLE HOLIDAY as I read it?

So they’re saying that they want to reward us for doing something that is against the Law?

And to make matters worse they place the focus on our Unions by saying they HOPE they accept the little treats on our behalf for us!!!!!!!

They disrespect us by not negotiating and offering us crap, file a Lawsuit against us and then want us to roll over for the price of a freakin light bill.

C’mon let’s show a little self pride here people.
Certain evidence exist. They didn't file because they are big mean guys but because 'certain evidence exist'. What happened today was predicted and anticipated.
The holiday offer was just in response to a town hall. A "Peace offering" if you will. Nothing negative.

At any rate, this will bring the talks to a vote. I hope that we didn't submit the UA contract. We will lose millions if that is the case, and now we have the 40 articles that were already agreed to so we will know exactly what was given up in order for the union to have more dues payers.
1. No paid suspensions
2. unlimited part time means no full time security
3. cinderella dates that destroy stations.
4. supervisors can do work
5. Limited to only 28 stations.
6. flight activity set at 35 flights a day
7. less crew chief pay
8. no union work rules
9. flexible bidding rules

Posted by TWU Local 568. (This is official)

Today the company released a Jetwire advising our members of an injunction against the mechanics. According to the company, the injunction is due to an illegal slowdown focused on maintenance operations, which in return, per the company has caused many delays or cancellations. In the said letter, the company was talking about a parity plan that was offered to The Association for review in which all TWU members will have a (1) holiday that is paid at the rate of our IAM counterparts.

It’s clear that the company wants to push the members to agree to their proposal and turn us against each other. A typical tactic of divide and conquer; don't fall for it. For the first time in history, the company is choosing to negotiate like this. They are sending company executives to walk the field at different stations trying to convince members that they are giving away a holiday. Yes, just one (1) holiday at 2.5x pay trying to change your mind and blind you with the money. The company is trying to negotiate with you instead of getting back to the table and offering the industry-leading contract they offered. They obviously didn’t get the response they were expecting from us by sending their high paid executives to our stations to get a feel from us on where we stand regarding contract negotiations.

TWU International office was advised by the company about the offer and the injunction today at 10:00 am, and a few hrs later the company went ahead and posted the offer to all the members before The Association was able to review it and respond to it.

President Rodriguez has actively been communicating with the International regarding this situation. He also spoke to International VPs Mike Mayes and Andre Sutton this afternoon, and just finished a few minutes ago talking with International VP Alex Garcia and everyone is very clear of the very bold move the company is trying to attempt. The company is trying to set an example of the maintenance members ahead of the busy summer season and trying to make very clear what would happen to any workgroup if they chose to “work by the book.”

We as a Local believe that the company should offer the entire TA of Holidays, which includes the ten (10) holidays at 2.5x pay; not just one day like they are offering us today. The company is doing this, so they get everyone to go to work on one of the busiest holidays and during the beginning of a very busy summer season.

The Association is willing to sit down and negotiate if the company is ready to give us the industry-leading contract they say they want to provide us with and nothing less. Now ask yourself, if the company is not trying to get away with jobs, then why to change the scope? All we are asking is to give us what we have today.

Local 568 is actively and has been maintaining a direct line with the international, and they have stated that they will be posting in response to the company's "Special Jetwire" tomorrow. Don’t forget to come to our next membership meeting to address any questions you might have to International VP Alex Garcia and International Rep Andre Sutton.

Attached below is a copy of the preliminary injunction document.

(Click to open)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-W0RVmT9ewYfw5-fENV2KBvoHkx2gTb5/view?usp=drivesdk

Last edited:
(This page is NOT official)

Sounds like my EX President thinks the AMT’s are going to get it in the shorts.

“These negotiations just became more interesting, and possibly damaging, for the Mechanics”

4A4A4B8A-7CB8-4A43-A0E9-45158EF4B155.png

Absolutely not. I’m actually signaling to them myself from this site that they should not accept any offer of only ONE single lousy little Holiday and should tell the Company to pound sand.

Maybe you Sir are a sniveling little worm who grovels in the dirt for every little pissed on Dollar you can get your starving little hands on, but some of us have just a little more pride in ourselves to roll over in the mud.

Besides the fact they file an injunction against us and you think we should take their money for doing it?

Maybe you’ll let me kick you in the nads and I’ll give you $5.00 for the pleasure of letting me?
Thanks for proving my point. You are using this site to pander to the international. What a pathetic life’s goal you have. Your not telling them shite because their not going to go along with the holiday and you already know it.
Your selective outrage is laughable. I could have held out for a contract instead of getting the raise but the greedy ass international saw dollar signs n threw the AA side under the bus. Just to get the increased dues infusion. Talk about selling out for a buck. We got sold out for the buck. This silly little holiday offer is peanuts compared to what we’ve lost not using the cross utilization to our advantage.

The injunction won’t impact amt’s since we weren’t doing a job action to begin with dumbass. When we read the letter the first question most had was “we’re doing a job action?”.

You take their pay don’t you but you want to bow up on their holiday. It won’t change a thing one way or the other. Or better yet give them back your paychecks from here on out n really show them what a tough guy you are. I would refuse to accept their money until you get a contract.

I will give you 10 bucks to try n kick me in the nads bozo!

Thanks for proving my point. You are using this site to pander to the international. What a pathetic life’s goal you have. Your not telling them shite because their not going to go along with the holiday and you already know it.
Your selective outrage is laughable. I could have held out for a contract instead of getting the raise but the greedy ass international saw dollar signs n threw the AA side under the bus. Just to get the increased dues infusion. Talk about selling out for a buck. We got sold out for the buck. This silly little holiday offer is peanuts compared to what we’ve lost not using the cross utilization to our advantage.

The injunction won’t impact amt’s since we weren’t doing a job action to begin with dumbass. When we read the letter the first question most had was “we’re doing a job action?”.

You take their pay don’t you but you want to bow up on their holiday. It won’t change a thing one way or the other. Or better yet give them back your paychecks from here on out n really show them what a tough guy you are. I would refuse to accept their money until you get a contract.

I will give you 10 bucks to try n kick me in the nads bozo!

Bozo? How dare you call me Bozo. Do I look like a clown to you?

72722FBA-7D09-4E3C-87F8-A7EDA055F264.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.