American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Threatening to shut the airline down is not the answer eastern airlines ring a bell. Since the association has not released there proposals I have no idea what they have asked for. Are what’s been disguised. First the association needs to release there proposals let the members know. Then as a informed union members we can decide what legal actions to take. Like heavy metal said there has to be give and take on both sides having a attitude that we’re not giving in on scope is not give and take. The company on the insurance not giving in They both need to work and get it done. There is money on the table that we are losing each day. If the iam wants the iampf for there members then fine . And us laa members get a 401k. Witch the language needs fixing . But I as a laa fill we are being held hostage for the iampf. I’m sure I’m not the only one who feels this way.

Will AA make the same commitment to guarantee your
Man, how many times do I have to post. Start by conceding somewhat on scope and the medical. Then if and when they reject it. Bring Samuelsen in with his goons and let the fun begin.
If you're thinking job action, well, you know that's illegal, right?
What these guys arent getting is the history of negotiations. The company can and will.make us wait years and years.Im not saying give in but you have to bend a bit or we are going to be here a long time

Wow you must have some crystal ball.
And the reason AMFA is not here or any other union is because too many people have blind loyalty for the TWU.
I do my job BY THE BOOK everyday.
If you think you're going to win in the very end, go speak to the EASTERN and NWA guys. Who by the way are quite old now!
The union is making it sound like after the contract is signed AA wont be hiring a single union worker. Both sides need to clear that up

What these guys arent getting is the history of negotiations. The company can and will.make us wait years and years.Im not saying give in but you have to bend a bit or we are going to be here a long time

What you’re failing miserably to understand and perhaps it’s because of your poor views on the Unions but the Company is the one not moving on their positions.

On Scope the Association originally wanted way more than where they stand today. They have moved quite far towards the Company already.

im 58 and i got 4 more years. im guessing apa tears up the company with more greed and then the company files bankruptcy again with $8 billion in hand.
The employees are just miserable working here and it simply isnt going to last. With apa entering negotiations, the company always makes sure it limits profits.

How cool would it be if the APA and APFA refuse to start negotiating until the ground workers have a contract.

Threatening to shut the airline down is not the answer eastern airlines ring a bell. Since the association has not released there proposals I have no idea what they have asked for. Are what’s been disguised. First the association needs to release there proposals let the members know. Then as a informed union members we can decide what legal actions to take. Like heavy metal said there has to be give and take on both sides having a attitude that we’re not giving in on scope is not give and take. The company on the insurance not giving in They both need to work and get it done. There is money on the table that we are losing each day. If the iam wants the iampf for there members then fine . And us laa members get a 401k. Witch the language needs fixing . But I as a laa fill we are being held hostage for the iampf. I’m sure I’m not the only one who feels this way.

I'd like to see the Associations proposals also. Much easier to compare written words side by side. When the talks become non productive with yelling at town halls it makes you want to look at the proposals and see what is so wrong here.

What you’re failing miserably to understand and perhaps it’s because of your poor views on the Unions but the Company is the one not moving on their positions.

On Scope the Association originally wanted way more than where they stand today. They have moved quite far towards the Company already.
Weez i really dont think they or anyone really knows the full story with scope as both parties said a disconnect.You know that guaranteed job is what it is and force majure could cancell out ALL articles in the contract.I hope your reasonable enought to know that is going to be in every contract

They better have,i hope they started out asking for the moon if not what good are they

I'd like to see the Associations proposals also. Much easier to compare written words side by side. When the talks become non productive with yelling at town halls it makes you want to look at the proposals and see what is so wrong here.
Well the ass proposal is going to more favorable to us then the companies,so what good is that going to do they might be asking for 80 bucks an hour, you dont think youre going to get it do you

Tim does the company sue the association or the unions individually.Since the TWU is the majority will they wind up paying for more of the settlement to AA.Cause i feel kind of guilty i think we(IAM) have more issues holding talks up than the TWU

Neither side is giving in. You have Hoffa and Quill trying to stop all outsourcing ..Sorry, ain't gonna happen! Company most likely will not budge on scope and medical.
Never say never and I hope I am wrong. But at this point in time, I doubt we get a contract anytime in the near future.

I wouldn’t doubt that Isom and friends are trying to decide if they just want to break the association as they see no movement, just like they did with NWA mechs. The only difference now is, they’re experienced at it.

Question for us is,
Are we loyal to the Association or AA?

How often do you hear of that strike at NWA, other then from mechanics?

AA will drop prices $5 and the traveling public will say thank you and drive right pass the picket line.

Status
Not open for further replies.