American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
From a Scope standpoint does anyone have issues with AA mechanics (whom I realize are not in your union) doing line MX work with the aircraft on the ground in South America or Aisia? Are we a worldwide company are not? If we didn't fly to those places would your union have fewer mechanics?

The sad part of this group and discussion is there are real people and lives being effected by all this, many of who are a few years from retiring but are not able to benefit from improving their paychecks or their retirement savings just because we have a dysfunctional union group, but of course why would they care their retirement and their recent 30 percent raise is secure,
We are the ones being hurt by this and then even the talk of shutting down the company or slowing it down so that profits erode helps who? Not us in fact it could and would harm us in the form of layoffs and other such things.
Don’t get me wrong the leaders of this company may not always have our best interest in mind but I’m pretty sure from the unions responses lately I don’t think they do either

Weez i really dont think they or anyone really knows the full story with scope as both parties said a disconnect.You know that guaranteed job is what it is and force majure could cancell out ALL articles in the contract.I hope your reasonable enought to know that is going to be in every contract

I’m able to interpret what they’ve offered quite well Al. And you also heard those guys break it down that they are not going to allow our Scope to be any further eroded.

And in case you’re not paying attention. Every group is Unified to help and care about each other. The biggest hit these people want to give is to our Facilities Group. **** that ****.

The sad part of this group and discussion is there are real people and lives being effected by all this, many of who are a few years from retiring but are not able to benefit from improving their paychecks or their retirement savings

This was all you needed to write. You need/want money.

Duly noted.

This was all you needed to write. You need/want money.

Duly noted.
Yep because when it comes down to it that’s what it’s always about, it’s what makes the world go around I mean why the hell do you think people keep fighting for higher min wage.
And by the way the money and dues is all the union cares about too, if you don’t see that your blind

So Gary Peterson just used his official twu twitter to issue an "AA DFW Travel Alert"?
Advising passengers that they may not get their bags?
Look, no doubt he will get the twu sued.
In a twisted way, I found it Trumpesque and fell off my chair laughing.
Well, look, in America, we say " The squeeky wheel gets heard".
Interesting. Lets see how his gambit plays out.
One thing he is doing is making a spectacle of the company and the company appears to be too soft to do anything about it.

Id rather have improvements over the pilots. Looks like Gary is "All in"
If he can get improved offers, then well played. I really wouldnt mind being wrong but in this case, the twu treasury is on the line and I gotta respect that.

I’m able to interpret what they’ve offered quite well Al. And you also heard those guys break it down that they are not going to allow our Scope to be any further eroded.

And in case you’re not paying attention. Every group is Unified to help and care about each other. The biggest hit these people want to give is to our Facilities Group. **** that ****.

And so I get where you are as well as the lame union leadership
They are more concerned about those future employees then those doing the job now. Because we are already wasting our dues on their inflated salaries

Still waiting on that comprehensive response to the company offer from 3 weeks ago.

And so I get where you are as well as the lame union leadership
They are more concerned about those future employees then those doing the job now. Because we are already wasting our dues on their inflated salaries
look, ive been tired of all the tuff talk and ridiculous salaries myself but our current predicament isnt the time to talk about their fat salaries.
It actually appears that Samuelson is supporting Peterson and putting the entire TWU treasury on the line.
If they are "all in" then this will become a national story. I dont trust them as we have usually gotten screwed by our unions (twu and iam) but if this is a new twu and they stay "all in" then offshoring jobs isnt something that has political weight in this Trump culture.
Everyone will be calculating and i cant see Trump administration supporting American over more offshoring. Its not a good action by a company in todays culture.
However, Twu officials may have to go to jail in the process because contempt is a big risk.
Whether the company is manufacturing a fake concerted effort, or if there is a concerted effort, it probably wont initially matter.
Regardless, the rhetoric itself is getting greater and a bloody nose may happen just with media spectacle.
Crap is hitting the fan, at least on media. Shareholders might wonder what the hell is going on.
At this time im not sure how this ends but the company has been really really soft ivy league and it seems like Peterson and Samuelson are starting to let their hands go and are landing.
Yes, my opinion is changing as it appears the twu is truly "all in".

So we're fighting over scope? Tom Regan of the IAM clearly says they have agreed to the 50% overhaul outsourcing at the 3 minute mark of the 3rd grader produced video. What gives?

what does that mean and what does twu have now? Why would Reagon agree to 50%? I thought peterson and samuels said no concessions?

TWU cap on outsourcing as of the 2012 CBA is 35% of maintenance spend in overhaul. As to why they agreed to it. I can only guess it because that 50% is already in the LUS CBA.

Status
Not open for further replies.