American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
yup i see it every day.
This is huge. If EVERYONE would get on the same page and work what they are required, there would be movement. It may seem your helping your crewchief/lead out...."can you stay an hour and cover this?". "Can I get you to go over here and help for a few?" Mismanagement is the direct benefit.

you are correct peterson did say they were releasing it today. the day of the sota. again you dont know who makes the dumber mistakes the union or the company.

At this point it's pretty clear that distinction goes to the union.

Reactions: bigjets
Teamsters had the opportunity to represent AA mechs and control AMTs at AA and UAL, with AA doing the most in house work. But the IBT chose to help the association take over in a very dishonest way.

Could care less what the IBT says.
"F" the teamsters!!!

Reactions: bigjets
Dear United team member, We are pleased to share some good news about steps United has taken to strengthen the IAM National Pension Fund and protect your retirement benefits. Over the last several weeks, United has met with the IAM to discuss the issues facing the IAM National Pension Fund. As a result of our collaborative discussions, United and the IAM have jointly agreed to the NPF’s Preferred Schedule of the Rehabilitation Plan. This means that United chose to increase the Company’s financial contribution to ensure your future monthly benefit at age 65 will not be reduced because of the Rehabilitation Plan. United does not make this commitment lightly. It reflects the loyalty of the company and its leaders to the men and women who have worked so hard to ensure the success of the airline we love. IAM District 141 Union Representatives have been briefed by representatives of the IAM National Pension Plan and will be in the field meeting with employees and answering questions over the comingweeks. Contact your IAM District 141 office for more details. In addition, the IAM NPF has created avideo to help explain the Rehabilitation Plan in more detail. If you have additional questions, please contact the IAM NPF directly at 866-232-1296

My guess is now AA will also step in and chose to accept the preferred schedule for the extra added cost thus insuring that you’re retirement security remains rock solid for you moving forward?

Of course if the Company does that it’s probably telegraphing it’s unwillingness to pay the Withdrawal Liability Fee and will just continue to carry you in the IAMNPF until you all exhaust out of the Company.

It could also shrink what might be offered to you as an extra to your 401K like they have over at UAL Ramp with the combination of the IAMNPF and 3% Contribution?

Likely IMO it won’t though and you will just equal it? But it could give us on the TWU side more of an offer now than the 9% formula the Company has proposed?

All new hires will likely go into the 401K moving forward.

My guess is now AA will also step in and chose to accept the preferred schedule for the extra added cost thus insuring that you’re retirement security remains rock solid for you moving forward?

Of course if the Company does that it’s probably telegraphing it’s unwillingness to pay the Withdrawal Liability Fee and will just continue to carry you in the IAMNPF until you all exhaust out of the Company.

It could also shrink what might be offered to you as an extra to your 401K like they have over at UAL Ramp with the combination of the IAMNPF and 3% Contribution?

Likely IMO it won’t though and you will just equal it? But it could give us on the TWU side more of an offer now than the 9% formula the Company has proposed?

All new hires will likely go into the 401K moving forward.

At least with this bit of news the good part Tim is that you can also continue working until you’re 72 without having to pull anything out of your 401K account.

A wonderful encouragement to just keep working past 65.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cb...-act-bipartisan-retirement-bill-clears-house/

John Samuelsen discussing the confrontation with Robert Isom on the Rick Smith radio show. From around mark 17:40 for around 20 minutes.

I'm really starting to like Sammy. I like his tactics and we would all do well to recognize him as our leader and get ready to follow him through the fire. We need to quit whining and spinning .. This thing is getting hot and time to either lead or get out of the way.

John Samuelsen discussing the confrontation with Robert Isom on the Rick Smith radio show. From around mark 17:40 for around 20 minutes.

Um, the EC has already agreed to the 50% outsourcing. So what is all this posturing?

Um, the EC has already agreed to the 50% outsourcing. So what is all this posturing?

I honestly don’t know how all of your formulas work but from listening to the AMT section twice it sounds to me as if there’s more too it than just simply the percentage. Unfortunately no one is left on Forums now who can explain it like there used to be.

But Gary did mention those things in both the rebuttal videos and in calling out Isom.

Status
Not open for further replies.