American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Discussion in 'American Airlines' started by Buck, Mar 19, 2018.

1. we're screwed

we're screwed Member

No,no, I'm not really talking about any of that. Though Tim gives us all plenty of laughable insight. I can't believe this guy actually believes he should be in there, and that he would have a great deal in minutes.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. ALUS78

ALUS78 Veteran

Too much to.lose in arbitration. More employees than other airlines look at luv 2500 amts for 700 planes

3. Tim Nelson

Tim Nelson Veteran

definately the union bosses are taking the path that will lead to layoffs

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. iluvaa

iluvaa Veteran

This is why I’ve always said the company is on the right side of the industry leading argument. They look at total cost, we have to compare every aspect of an agreement not just the parts we don’t like

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. cltrat

cltrat Veteran

oh I can he’s LUS’s personal egotistical nut job. He has been trying to start his own union for years, ran for international election multiple times always guaranteeing victory never coming closing. He has no more chance of getting a deal in one day than you or I would.Try not to pay him much mind,I think he’s off his meds this week.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Tim Nelson

Tim Nelson Veteran

Looks like Sito put a gag order on all the union punks talking on social media. Even others, who want to keep their promised gigs, like Weezle, got the word.
    Personally, i think its a smart move cuz baskett was out of control and just doesnt understand the law, and weez was looking bad as he took Samuelsons sound bite as the One.

7. Tim Nelson

Tim Nelson Veteran

baskett was telling members that the company didnt have a case. Another lie. we just have uneducated morons who have zero skillset and have now embarrassed us.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. swamt

swamt Veteran

Not really Kev. There are messages in some of my postings. Some may have went right over most heads.

IF these are legit write-ups, there is NOTHING a Judge can do. Now if it is more leaning towards the refusal of O/T and not working a/c might be a different story. However, usually when it is the later, a Judge would have chimed in by now, the fact that AA has to "request" for further action tells me there may not be enough evidence to trigger the order. As we all know through history, the warmer months, spring break, then summer months we all take more time off and do less O/T as we get more busy with family and friends outside of work, therefore the O/T sign ups get less and less. Especially in Texas when it just gets hotter and hotter, screw that O/T.

• Like Like x 1
  9. swamt

swamt Veteran

Well, there you have it. Must have been about the refusal of O/T and refusal to work on the broke airplanes. No way in hell the Judge would tell a/c mechanics to quite the write-ups of safety.
    But before I fully agree, I would like to read the order, any links? The language will reveal what it's all about.
    Next question, what took so long to get the order? And why did it take AA a second request to get the said order??

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. swamt

swamt Veteran

Both points above are correct. With an arbitrator he/she will look at, you know who, SWA, because the company used SWA/AMFA agreement to offer a match for the AA mechanics in wages. By doing so, now an arbitrator would compare all the other info about SWA to use for comparo's such as outsourcing numbers, international/domestic, a/c to mechanic ratios, etc... Be careful wishing for arbitration. A negotiated deal would be much, much better deal.
    Our numbers are more like 758 aircraft to 2518 mechanics as of 6-14-19. Last mechanic hired was 12, 2018. More new hires coming in 2019 and 2020.
    Naturally you guys would need way more than us, but more than likely not nearly the numbers you have today IF an arbitrator was use the SWA comparo's numbers. Just saying.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. MetalMover

MetalMover Veteran

Yet you still have those who believe they are going to come out ahead. The ASSociation is painting themselves into a corner with the escape route shrinking by the day. GP and the big mouth are going to continue to preach their no concessions dream at the expense of the members. They need to fix the language regarding 401k and medical because the scope will be settled in the company’s favor should a deal ever be forced on us. I doubt we will ever be released to self help.

• Agree Agree x 7
  12. 1AA

1AA Veteran

Refusal of overtime? Now that's funny.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. conehead777

conehead777 Veteran

I like the judge ruling aircraft leaving at 7a can’t break. When they do call the judge to sign it off what a joke . And where is the counter suit by the association

• Winner Winner x 3
  14. YouCanFixStupid

When you let yourself get Video taped threatening to shut a Airline down., You cant counter sue being stupid.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Tim Nelson

Tim Nelson Veteran

Under the arbitration process, assuming both parties agree, an arbitrator can only side 'in whole' with the company proposal or the union proposal, as you know. Can't cherry pick, it's an 'either/or'.
    That said, obviously you are correct that the arbitrator will compare industry patterns but not sure how that would help convince him/her to side with the union when the company has made sure that it is far ahead of the patterns on scope, wages, and most everything else, right?

• Funny Funny x 1