American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weasel

Update for your lunches with Envoy

https://www.envoyagents.org/bargaining-updates/cwa-and-envoy-air-reach-tentative-agreement

Today our CWA bargaining team reached a tentative agreement (TA) with Envoy Air for our first collective bargaining agreement.

The new TA provides for a six and a half year contract that raises wages, establishes work rules, and improves benefits and job security for nearly 5,000 Envoy Passenger Service Agents in approximately 100 cities across the United States. The agreement also includes a ratification and retention bonus based on each agent’s years of service in recognition of the time spent in negotiations and to encourage retention.

Amazing they can get this done but those in Ass have to sit and hold out for future dues members and protect a loosing pension,
So pathetic

Don't you find it odd that every single link you posted leads to a story based off of polls instead of hard verifiable facts?

Let that sink in.

I have stated many times I do not put any credence in news stories based on polls.

I have seen too many instances where conditions were manipulated to produce targeted results.

It amazes me how many people accept polls as a statistical fact without verifying how the information was accumulated.

If you want to base your beliefs on the result of polls spoon fed to you by the media then be my guest but don't present them to me as irrefutable proof because from my point of view the only thing it proves is you blindly accept information.

So ,, we should just believe your poll based on break room talk and hearing people at the liquor store?

There is nothing wrong with supporting the UNION.

However there are some serious issues that need to be addressed.

You can't keep losing buying power, losing benefits (like vacation and pension) and paying increased cost in benefits (as a percentage) contract after contract just to maintain headcount (which your not even doing anyway).

Then there is the fact the UNION has become a vehicle of propaganda for the Democrats and in some cases a money laundering tool (Amtrak). The UNION needs to worry less about who I vote for and more about enforcing the contract (they can do that brother).
I know. And I fully support supporting unions. I was just making a SAC about P Rez chiming in at the time he did is all.

You certainly have a skill for self delusion.

Just can't handle the fact you were duped can you? The fact I pointed it out to you and you still can't see it is comical.

Unlike you I can validate everything I said. Feel free to itemize and challenge me on anything you like.

I am not anti UNION, I am anti manipulation. Again, I support the ideal of a UNION, just not the modern implementation.

Are you going to deny that the UNION focuses more on keeping headcount up then securing higher pay and lower cost benefits?

UNIONs are in decline. That is a cold hard fact that can be validated by the steady decline in UNION membership. All your "polls" are not going to change that FACT. Some areas find value in Right to Work. That is why it keeps getting voted in. It is my OPINION that dues to a UNION as a condition of employment is wrong and UNIONs should have to earn their keep. It is my OPINION that if people see the value and benefit of a UNION they WILL support it. That is not anti UNION that is pro CHOICE.

Duped? Talk about delusional. Lol

With corrupt unions like the TWU, IAM and IBT what do you expect? When the union ideology changed from membership priorities to protecting the coffers of each respective International you get a bad reputation in the eyes of the public.
A good example is the association protecting the unborn to save dues and neglect the members that are looking to up there financial retirement potential. 401k match and contributions plus pay increase that is ready to follow a JCBA if we ever get one.

Probably getting your news from Twitter and Facebook huh?
As I previously stated I get my information from the Department of Labor.

You should believe my "poll" based on the data provided by the Department of Labor Bureau of Labor Statistics.

Perhaps you should work on your reading comprehension, or is this another fine display of your masterful use of self delusion to ignore the obvious in favor of the fantastic.

Post the link or is that or is that to difficult an ask?
I cited where I sourced my information in the hopes you would actually put the effort in to verify it yourself but, I guess I was expecting too much.

If you were paying attention you would noticed Metal Mover already posted it for you. You are so busy making foolish comments trying to get one over on me you don't even pay attention to what is right in front of your face.

https://www.bls.gov/opub/ted/2019/u...from-20-point-1-percent-in-1983.htm?view_full

Duped? Talk about delusional. Lol

Honestly P. REZ you used an online search engine using keywords and found 3 sites to tell you exactly what you wanted to hear using "polls" as the only validation. I mean....... you have to laugh. You would think even a 5 year old kid would recognize when he was being led around by the nose.

I pity that you are so conditioned you don't even recognize you were being taken on a ride of your own making to reinforce ideas someone else put in your head.
Yes duped.

With fools like you that accept manufactured fantasy over statistical reality voting on contracts I fear for the future of the membership.

P. REZ and 1986Mekanic I am going to excuse myself from this conversation for two reasons.

1. I don't want this back and forth to derail the thread so I am terminating it now.

2. There is no challenge pointing out two obvious examples of stupidity and mental conditioning and the entertainment value of it is wearing thin.

I will close by saying it is sad you two choose to live in a propaganda fueled fantasy world playing the part of the pawn for someone else's agenda instead of recognizing that you are being taken advantage of by those that would sacrifice your future and the standard of living for future generations for their own enrichment and political power.

When your UNION, who's primary purpose is to better your compensation and working conditions, starts prioritizing headcount over the memberships standard of living that is a problem.

Let me introduce you to an old saying.

Taxation without representation: a phrase, generally attributed to James Otis about 1761, that reflected the resentment of American colonists at being taxed by a British Parliament to which they elected no representatives.

This game the Association (the international) is playing is nothing new. It is a game the rich and powerful have always played, to put themselves out of reach of reprisal or reproach.

Accepting unelected representation is about as anti American as it gets. The fact the UNION utilizes this type of government while claiming to represent the working man is nothing less than appalling.

Last edited:
P. REZ and 1986Mekanic I am going to excuse myself from this conversation for two reasons.

1. I don't want this back and forth to derail the thread so I am terminating it now.

2. There is no challenge pointing out two obvious examples of stupidity and mental conditioning and the entertainment value of it is wearing thin.

I will close by saying it is sad you two choose to live in a propaganda fueled fantasy world playing the part of the pawn for someone else's agenda instead of recognizing that you are being taken advantage of by those that would sacrifice your future and the standard of living for future generations for their own enrichment and political power.

When your UNION, who's primary purpose is to better your compensation and working conditions, starts prioritizing headcount over the memberships standard of living that is a problem.

Let me introduce you to an old saying.

Taxation without representation: a phrase, generally attributed to James Otis about 1761, that reflected the resentment of American colonists at being taxed by a British Parliament to which they elected no representatives.

This game the Association (the international) is playing is nothing new. It is a game the rich and powerful have always played, to put themselves out of reach of reprisal or reproach.

Accepting unelected representation is about an anti American as it gets. The fact the UNION utilizes this type of government while claiming to represent the working man is nothing less than appalling.

Lol,

You are looking at one factor, I'll give a clue, there are numerous reasons and you haven't touched on any of them. Talk about clueless. Read some more info if you want to learn!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts