American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
He was. As he is the puppet I pointed out from day one. The international leaders have pulled their ranks and stopped all the BS on these forum(s). It has gotten serious from the very top on down. Puppet weezal boy is in deep doo-doo and being held back by his controllers at the moment. We will see after all this TRO, PRO, and all the other BS gets ironed out where he will end up in the end of all this. But, I really think he will end up being the "Fall Guy", Puppet boy never saw it coming IMO.

They will declare victory. The Company proposal didn't include their final position in compensation so a JCBA will focus on that. I'll assume they'll declare they received verbal assurances for less outsourcing, considering the current proposed language will end up with little change.

You'd hope they'd learn something so we can avoid these self-induced crisis points. I doubt it, Members like tough guys, whether it gets results or not.

The company has built up massive leverage as myself and other professionals have pointed out, due to the union fumbles and complete disaster thinking that the LaGuardia Act covered this predicament. Peterson and Samuelson are idiots.
That said, the company has used such ridiculousness to build massive leverage. With the court order yesterday, the company can call any shot. From the beginning, it has wanted the members to vote on its proposal. If that stays the case, and I think it is according to fly, it will call for immediate negotiations and the union will submit. So, look for an announcement that negotiatinos are going to immediately be scheduled for maybe as early as tomorrow. The union is sunk so it has to do what the company wants at this point. Union has no leverage and is on total fail. It's over Johnny! Time to vote!
View attachment 14549

haters are just miserable. They are ungrateful, have no hope, and hate.
We are stuck with them in negotiations but with things coming to an end, we should get our great contract.
Then they can keep hating but it wont matter anymore as I wont have to deal with them and they wont be able to destroy things again for several more years.
look for immediate negotiations since the company has massive leverage now. The union leaders will flip and sign.

This whole trainwreck was started way back when they Company invited, and the Association agreed, to have the NMB sir in the talks way before Section 6.

EVERYONE dismissed that as being nothing. Here we are, caught in a situation where we will take what's given rather than make the tough decisions to get the best possible outcome.

This whole trainwreck was started way back when they Company invited, and the Association agreed, to have the NMB sir in the talks way before Section 6.

EVERYONE dismissed that as being nothing. Here we are, caught in a situation where we will take what's given rather than make the tough decisions to get the best possible outcome.
just announced. Negotiations at a center in DC near proximity to the NMB.
I expect a TA next week. No way Samuelson doesnt sign his name now, when the alternative is a court order telling him to discipline and fine the workers who he allegedly told to slowdown.
Glad that negotiations is starting.

a t/a? for fleet, company needs to do better than 3% more than dl on DOS and 2% a year after.

at this time - united is the highest paid and passenger service got and will get 2.5% yearly raise the last 2 years of their deal.

delta just added over $500 million into their profit sharing. airlines are making money by the boatload.

stop being stingy, aa.

a t/a? for fleet, company needs to do better than 3% more than dl on DOS and 2% a year after.

at this time - united is the highest paid and passenger service got and will get 2.5% yearly raise the last 2 years of their deal.

delta just added over $500 million into their profit sharing. airlines are making money by the boatload.

stop being stingy, aa.

Already told you, it'll be 3% above whoever is on top. The pay has never been the issue since they came out of BK.

i know you told me..

...on jetnet, the company modified AMT raises and additional $3k bonus for all lus assoc. members.

why didn't they take 7 seconds and modify wages for fleet?

stingy. company already at $7 billion cash threshold. they are on record as saying anything and everything above that will go to shareholders, not shared with employees.

stingy.

just announced. Negotiations at a center in DC near proximity to the NMB.
I expect a TA next week. No way Samuelson doesnt sign his name now, when the alternative is a court order telling him to discipline and fine the workers who he allegedly told to slowdown.
Glad that negotiations is starting.
Yes but think of all the money collected from the membership in fines going to Samuelsons personal Swiss bank account.

i know you told me..

...on jetnet, the company modified AMT raises and additional $3k bonus for all lus assoc. members.

why didn't they take 7 seconds and modify wages for fleet?

stingy. company already at $7 billion cash threshold. they are on record as saying anything and everything above that will go to shareholders, not shared with employees.

stingy.

Because the biggest issues is mostly AMT related, see injunction. Every group has received the highest pay rates at the time of their agreements.

Relax.

Already told you, it'll be 3% above whoever is on top. The pay has never been the issue since they came out of BK.
I did hear from Fly that the wages for fleet will be a slight bump. I wouldn't be surprised if another .50 cents was added. Fly also said that the medical cap was also further movement until the union went bonkers. In fact, my understanding was that IAH and RSW, a medical cap, and a small wage bump were all going to happen from the company final negotiations until the union played hardball. The company wants IAH and RSW to be more stable anyways as I've heard they had problems in IAH and had TDY go there a lot. The union was aware of this but didn't budge off of its demand for 60+ stations, which was never going to happen.

The bump in wages isn't going to cost much anything else either as it just recognizes another 6 month stall. The medical cap isn't much of a cost either, as it just makes the company accountable for its word. It was exciting to hear today that negotiations will be fasttracked next week for a conclusion.

I agree with what you said that the union will claim victory. I'm ok with that. They can say whatever they want imo, I'll be pushing a yes vote. I imagine that TWU leaders will be seen as heros but I'm ok with that as well.

I do think that mx will vote out the association almost immediately after a JCBA but who knows.

Because the biggest issues is mostly AMT related, see injunction. Every group has received the highest pay rates at the time of their agreements.

Relax.

well, 3% more than dl on DOS would still be higher than united..so, technically..

i am relaxed. i only get irritated when i weigh and measure how much the airlines are earning and what aa is doing in response..compared to aa's peers. they must be looking at spirit and frontier as peers.

i also believe the company can do better than 2% a year, considering.

the ticket agents got 2.5% the last 2 years of their deal, and that was done in 2015, without additional billions the company has earned since.

well, 3% more than dl on DOS would still be higher than united..so, technically..

i am relaxed. i only get irritated when i weigh and measure how much the airlines are earning and what aa is doing in response..compared to aa's peers. they must be looking at spirit and frontier as peers.

i also believe the company can do better than 2% a year, considering.

the ticket agents got 2.5% the last 2 years of their deal, and that was done in 2015, without additional billions the company has earned since.

It's negotiations. They will always keep back some sweeteners to help close out the deal.

UA will be at $32.01 in Dec. and they get 2.5% bumps. That's the current target.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts