American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
So is there a date for a meeting between the unions and company and the NMB, or is this just speculation?
Next time the company meets with the union is when the Judge slaps a permanent injunction on the union.Everything else is speculation

I have no position with you at all. You keep mentioning my Forums handle nickname Weez and harassing me and when it crosses the line to name calling, knowingly false information or slander I’m going to hit the report button.

Eventually either you will be removed from Forums or I will and I’ll be fine either way.
im guessing you were the one removed after all.
You are goofy but i hope you are doing well back on the ramp. I told you lehive was just playing you but you didnt listen.
Well, now you know I was correct, plus the jetblue gig in fll was a waste anyways.

Logis

and reason suggest negotiations since the company has leverage.
But it seems like logics have left the building and is still hostage to egos.

Rumor has it Mr. I will never sign a contract that......
Took his ball and went home on his bus/subway.
The company called his bluff. Most union leaders today are just full of hot air and he was deflated pretty quick.

Reactions: swamt
Logis

I think in a wierd way Samuelsen cares about the TWU not necessarily the workers themselves.He obviously doesnt know about the RLA thus the quagmire I think our only hope of getting back to the table is if the union gets hit with monetary damages and agrees to concessions.People are saying the judge will tell the parties to negotiate. I dont think so, I think he just rules on the injunction

I think in a wierd way Samuelsen cares about the TWU not necessarily the workers themselves.He obviously doesnt know about the RLA thus the quagmire I think our only hope of getting back to the table is if the union gets hit with monetary damages and agrees to concessions.People are saying the judge will tell the parties to negotiate. I dont think so, I think he just rules on the injunction
And I miss the Weez

Logis

Shall i cut and paste your last werks post saying "there will ne negotiations next week" and the association will weakly agree ir something along those lines. Come on tim can you make any more predictions?

From the Association Letter 7-15-19

"On July 10, 2019, American Airlines requested, and the federal court shortly thereafter entered, an Order which requires the Unions to “take all reasonable actions, including but not limited to communications to their members, to ensure that their members working at American’s line maintenance stations, within seven days of [July 10] …, achieve approximately, in the aggregate, on a 7-day moving average basis, overnight productivity levels equal to the aggregate … overnight productivity levels achieved in the summer of 2018 of 77.5%.” A copy of that Order is attached; the quoted language is on page 5."

"While the Unions intend to ask the Court to modify its Order to address this particular issue, we felt it necessary to also alert the FAA to this provision in light of your recent communication, and to request that you assign inspectors to all maintenance locations sufficient to ensure that the use of targeted productivity levels does not compromise the public safety or compliance with FAR regulations."

From Order on Motion presented by Association

Motion: DENIED

Judge McBryde: "Defendants have expressed concern that if they take actions contemplated by the modification of the temporary restraining order, they will cause their members to take actions that could adversely affect the safety of the traveling public. However, they have provided nothing in support of that position that would cause the court to believe that the members of defendants do not have good enough judgment to know when they are doing something that would adversely affect the traveling public, as distinguished from taking actions to resume in an appropriate manner they're normal work activities."

Last edited:
Reactions: Tim Nelson
How many strikes does the Association (long for Ass) get? Damn good thing this ain't baseball or they'd be benched!

I realize that jobs could be loss, but I have been in aviation 40 years and been with 3 unions. UAW, Teamsters and now Association. I was lucky enough to have a job accept 2 weeks lay-off. I lived in 7 states mostly by my choosing. I will retire in 5 years. I would like to be able vote on the company offer. Let the members VOTE! NOW!

I realize that jobs could be loss, but I have been in aviation 40 years and been with 3 unions. UAW, Teamsters and now Association. I was lucky enough to have a job accept 2 weeks lay-off. I lived in 7 states mostly by my choosing. I will retire in 5 years. I would like to be able vote on the company offer. Let the members VOTE! NOW!
Correction. 4 unions since your asso union is actually 2 unions combined and still have all the infighting between them. You wanting to vote on something soon is NOT going to happen anytime soon. Maybe in about 1.5-2.5 years from now you MIGHT have a new contract.

Correction. 4 unions since your asso union is actually 2 unions combined and still have all the infighting between them. You wanting to vote on something soon is NOT going to happen anytime soon. Maybe in about 1.5-2.5 years from now you MIGHT have a new contract.

It'll be soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.