American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
mail

Sounds like to me Sito and the IAM want to be put on ice for years with these kind of comments. Why not, it benefits the hell out of them. Obviously, Alex Garcia is muted and couldn't give a rats ass about his members...how pathetic the TWU has become.

Last edited:
Reactions: Talos and swamt
Correction. 4 unions since your asso union is actually 2 unions combined and still have all the infighting between them. You wanting to vote on something soon is NOT going to happen anytime soon. Maybe in about 1.5-2.5 years from now you MIGHT have a new contract.

It'll be soon.

To better explain my post above to Matt; I was referring to the same exact play book as SWA used. However, now referring to NYer, he could very well be right with the stuff going on in the courts. The difference being, the Judge never had enough evidence in order to order a TRO much less than a perm. restraining order.
We will all find out come Aug. how AA will use the courts to get a vote quite possibly.
NYer, you seem very confident on a vote soon. Can you elaborate a bit more? Or is it just a hunch from reading all the documents being filed?? Again, My timeline was if AA continues to use the same play book as SWA.

Since the TWU and/or the IAM don't exist for negotiations, it'll be the Association.
The asso is made up of the TWU and the IAM that merged together, so yes they both do still exist. Only the name on the door changed to asso. is all. The asso. is still being ran between the "two" unions who keep changing who is in charge every 2 years or whenever it is. BTW who is in charge currently? TWU or IAM leaders??? What a mess!!!

To better explain my post above to Matt; I was referring to the same exact play book as SWA used. However, now referring to NYer, he could very well be right with the stuff going on in the courts. The difference being, the Judge never had enough evidence in order to order a TRO much less than a perm. restraining order.
We will all find out come Aug. how AA will use the courts to get a vote quite possibly.
NYer, you seem very confident on a vote soon. Can you elaborate a bit more? Or is it just a hunch from reading all the documents being filed?? Again, My timeline was if AA continues to use the same play book as SWA.

This is all designed to get an agreement.

History is littered with these types of cases which invariably lead to an agreement. It maximizes the leverage already in the hands of the Company due to the RLA.

The Company has been angling to use the Mediators to persuade an agreement ever since they were invited to participate a year prior to Section 6. The alleged job action was sent from heaven so they'll maximize that leverage with an injunction.

The asso is made up of the TWU and the IAM that merged together, so yes they both do still exist. Only the name on the door changed to asso. is all. The asso. is still being ran between the "two" unions who keep changing who is in charge every 2 years or whenever it is. BTW who is in charge currently? TWU or IAM leaders??? What a mess!!!

The Association is exclusively for negotiations and has been certified as such. The TWU and IAM remain independent entities representing their separate memberships.

There is no leader, it's a two-headed monster. All decisions need to be approved by both.

"
"The board received notification from the Company that they initiated further activity with the Federal Court."

Wondering if this is the tell all statement coming forth that the co. will offer to drop it all if the asso. agrees to send their offer out for a vote? Why else would the NMB suddenly reverse a session just set for 3 days, unless they were told that the offer might be going out to the members for a vote? HMmmmmm. Maybe NYer is correctamendo!!!

So I’m trying to understand this, they were going back to the table but the company wants to delay because of the court actions? If they were really serious in getting a deal done why not get back to the table and see where it goes. I want to see a deal get done but to me this seems counterproductive from the the company and all of us are caught in the middle. Really ticks me off

The Association is exclusively for negotiations and has been certified as such. The TWU and IAM remain independent entities representing their separate memberships.

There is no leader, it's a two-headed monster. All decisions need to be approved by both.
Exactly, so they both still exist. Just with all the infighting and control issues as we have all seen and still do.

So I’m trying to understand this, they were going back to the table but the company wants to delay because of the court actions? If they were really serious in getting a deal done why not get back to the table and see where it goes. I want to see a deal get done but to me this seems counterproductive from the the company and all of us are caught in the middle. Really ticks me off
May be that the company will use the leverage to force a vote on their last offer. Kinda just like NYer has been saying or explaining to me. Probably find out in a little over 2 weeks from now.

May be that the company will use the leverage to force a vote on their last offer. Kinda just like NYer has been saying or explaining to me. Probably find out in a little over 2 weeks from now.

I think there will be some sessions with a bit of enhancements on the financial side and maybe some minor language cleaned up, but the big items will remain.

Hopefully, the Association goes in and gets to clean up some things rather than continue to be so rigid.

I think there will be some sessions with a bit of enhancements on the financial side and maybe some minor language cleaned up, but the big items will remain.

Hopefully, the Association goes in and gets to clean up some things rather than continue to be so rigid.

I still hope you guys (mechanics) are able to surpass us at SWA for your ILC as promised. I also hope you guys (fleet a other groups) can also surpass our groups at SWA. Good luck to you all. Sooner is better than later.

Status
Not open for further replies.