American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then what?
If the offer is worse than the last proposal it would likely make folks bitter for years not sure the company wants that, no I think they will actually sweeten (hourly wage) the offer somewhat with the Ass saying it was the best they could do

If the offer is worse than the last proposal it would likely make folks bitter for years not sure the company wants that, no I think they will actually sweeten (hourly wage) the offer somewhat with the Ass saying it was the best they could do

They were found to sweeten the finances even before all this job action nonsense.

That's usually how to close it out and I'm sure it will become the selling point as it did with SWA...money.

Because the proposals have been released, it will be more difficult to try and make it seem they made the Company move.

I
Tim if we did vote on the lesser offer i firmly believe it wld be shot down probably by a sizeable percentage. But w the other groups prepping for talks how fast or how loonngg wld we be stuck in the holding pattern? I can tell u that if we were to vote on lesser I wld recommend no vote n i would vote no
I agree with NYer, “then what?”, if the a$$ and the company are that far apart with no clear advances in our direction, what makes you think the membership will defeat it. We would be cutting our noses of to spite out face, surely you don’t think the company will see the error in its ways seeing their offer declined to show some sort of collective “no thanks, you can do better” and adjust if necessary. In case you didn’t notice the company canceled all future date with with the a$$ so they can add to their case in court. Wake up dude, a deal is already in place, and you can rest assured that it is “the best and only offer” they will make. Defeating what ever come our way NOW, will only ensure a much longer period on ice and big losses in our pockets. So my advice to you and all, ya better think real hard before you vote, if that day comes.

I may have missed something as I have been less active. But there is a claim on Facebook that American is going to give another raise outside
of the negotiations?

The Association has been misleading in their description of negotiations and telling us of massive outsourcing when in fact the Company had been pretty upfront with the cuts they seek. The Association embellished bigger cuts and bigger numbers of losses.

That's the reason the Company, surely with NMB approval, released the actual language of their proposal. They tried to combat the bad information being spread.

Seems some in the Assocation have taken these negotiations and made them a personal fight against AA. That needs to change, but using the latest "update" from Association where they characterize the NMB telling us to "drop dead," that doesn't seem to be happening.
Samuelson is young and stubborn and has dug in.
I dont think there will be any sweetener from the company and lus is confirmed, fly, to lose the extra $3,000. 100% confirmed by Fly.

The company has the union in cuffs and now has union consent to fire mechanics as well. Its getting nastier, not better.
The last offer is off the table.

Reactions: MikeS
After watching Doug's 20 plus minute explanation to the Flight Attendants on Jetnet - Crew News about the current state of our negotiations, I am convinced there will be no agreement anytime soon. Turns out the NMB cancelled this weeks scheduled meetings. Even they have had enough, we are officially on ice.
This news should cheer everybody up, I know I want to work harder now. Lol

On another note, don't look for A-7 passes to come back anytime soon either.

[
I may have missed something as I have been less active. But there is a claim on Facebook that American is going to give another raise outside
of the negotiations?

Considering how it extended the talks from 2016 to now, highly doubt it.

Well I can tell you from an IAM member I am ticked at how they have made such stance for a failing pension and while certainly the higher insurance will not be great there are other things that without question are good improvements in what I saw in the company proposals if they will still be in an agreement if we ever get one. I’ve lost all faith in anything that the Ass is doing and just like they apparently wanted a long summer
For you guys unfortunately, sad!

Robert Brooks
22 hrs
SO THEIR IS A UNION VOTE TOMORROW FOR ANOTHER RAISE FOR WHO. OF COURSE NO ONE NEW ABOUT IT I GUESS THIS IS WHY WE NEVER SEE ANYONE FROM THE TOP ITS A MONEY GAME. BS

and 7 others

18 Comments
Comment

Comments
View 13 more comments
Just to be clear, this is not me, I would have my own face as a avatar, not some tee shirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.