American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Buck I believe that is a local vote in clt, the raise is for local officers from like 50 to a 100 depending on the office

I may have missed something as I have been less active. But there is a claim on Facebook that American is going to give another raise outside
of the negotiations?
Why would they do that?
They gave profit sharing but nobody was grateful.
They gave a $1000 check but it made people miserable.
They offered sw wages for mx but they did a slowdown. We get 2.5x on memorial day but people talked ****.

I wouldnt offer a thing, and neither will they now.

Reactions: bigjets
Fleet would probably take what's on the table.

Maintenance will say no, almost no matter what.

Which is "EXACTLY" why the mechanics need to seperate themselves from this abortion asso. union. Helloooo!!!

The Association has been misleading in their description of negotiations and telling us of massive outsourcing when in fact the Company had been pretty upfront with the cuts they seek. The Association embellished bigger cuts and bigger numbers of losses.

That's the reason the Company, surely with NMB approval, released the actual language of their proposal. They tried to combat the bad information being spread.

Seems some in the Assocation have taken these negotiations and made them a personal fight against AA. That needs to change, but using the latest "update" from Association where they characterize the NMB telling us to "drop dead," that doesn't seem to be happening.

Once again read your own post. Why have not all you guys fired this union that represents you now? Holy shite, your post above says it all. Why do you all stand for this crap??? Unbelievable how long you guys will take this crap from your representation...

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/american-airlines-aal-earnings-expected-143202998.html

Earnings continue to improve even with the 737 MAX issues.
What a greedy bunch of folks running this airline.

last week, the company came out and bumped up it's pre-tax margins - excluding special items; to 8.5% - 9.5%. based off an estimated $12 billion in revenues, the math is easy.

income for delta was $1.4 billion for the quarter and united's income was $1.1 billion for the quarter.

what is troublesome is united's margin was 11.9% for the quarter. aa...and this is 'good news', said 8.5%-9.5%.

and yes, company is stingy. an unheard of $7 billion cash on hand, and on record as saying that anything above that, will go directly to shareholders, not employees.

for next year's profit sharing - 6 months into 2019, delta is at $739 million, united is at $194 million and we'll see and laugh where aa is at.

Why would they do that?
They gave profit sharing but nobody was grateful.
They gave a $1000 check but it made people miserable.
They offered sw wages for mx but they did a slowdown. We get 2.5x on memorial day but people talked ****.

I wouldnt offer a thing, and neither will they now.

the optics are polar opposites...from a lus and laa point of view. from an america west point of view, it's like winning the lottery.

compare what delta and united are giving shareholder vs. employee and understand the massive disparity.

doug seems very affable..though, to me - the company has to do better with the employees and at the same token, has to make employees more accountable. i'm willing to make that trade-off. i'm talking union employees and low/mid level management. too many coasting, masked by the unprecedented airline profits of recent times.

conventional wisdom says that the former america west/us air team can't seem to get it's arms around running the world's largest airline and until things change, no reason to doubt that conventional wisdom.

NO force a vote get under one contract and then throw the bums out
That's ok too. But start the card drive now. Here's why, the card drive will more than likely help force a vote to be brought out to the membership and hopefully with some tweaks in the positive direction for the membership as a whole. Once the asso. sees the card drive in action they will start moving closer to a contract vote as they will be scared of being removed if they don't deliver. Secondly, card drive will be going strong, vote for or against offer, (quite possibly it may get voted in) then fire them ASAP after vote and bring in AMFA. If you remember, that is exactly what we did when we fired the teamsters back in the early 2000's. We waited until after the contract vote then fired them in a record 2 week card drive. We were just waiting for the vote to get done. Another reason for starting now at AA is because of the size and number of mechanic and related involved. No way you guys will get it done in 2 weeks or even 2 months. That's why I was saying to start one now.

You guys are going to have a hard time making change of the elimination if the "straw man" becomes a finalized rule change in the NMB.

May have lost your best opportunity.

The straw man rule is not even active yet. A good union attorney would be able to keep that law out IF the card drive was started before that law was enacted. Because they could argue that that law was not in place at the time cards were started. But, if the card drive does not start until after the law is enacted then they will be forces to work with it in place.

The straw man rule is not even active yet. A good union attorney would be able to keep that law out IF the card drive was started before that law was enacted. Because they could argue that that law was not in place at the time cards were started. But, if the card drive does not start until after the law is enacted then they will be forces to work with it in place.

Never said it was.

Just asking what the feeling would be if there was no straw man and the only choices were incumbent, no union and write in.

It isn't a trick question. Just curious.

Everyone is so defensive on this subject. :(

Middle of summer and no negotiations scheduled and only thing we hear from association is, work OT and not to disrupt airline. This is a far cry from Samuelsons bluster at townhall meeting.

Why exactly do we have an association representing us? To tell me not to disrupt the company that provides me my livelihood, that provides me training in my chosen profession, that provides me with health insurance?

So far what the association has done is collect dues and.............

How many more YEARS is the twu going to leave money on the table.

Middle of summer and no negotiations scheduled and only thing we hear from association is, work OT and not to disrupt airline. This is a far cry from Samuelsons bluster at townhall meeting.

Why exactly do we have an association representing us? To tell me not to disrupt the company that provides me my livelihood, that provides me training in my chosen profession, that provides me with health insurance?

So far what the association has done is collect dues and.............

How many more YEARS is the twu going to leave money on the table.

For as long as they can keep picking our pockets clean I’m sure.
If these guys answered to a board they would have been fired long ago

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts