American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Discussion in 'American Airlines' started by Buck, Mar 19, 2018.

1. swamt

swamt Veteran

I would say at least a year going by the playbook they are playing.

This is where the tudes need to change within NC and asso. leadership and I mean quickly. If you all really want a vote, then the majority needs to flood the asso. with pressure to vote and I mean big pressure, if the company sees this from the membership I am sure they would help if they can. Otherwise I see the IAM getting their way and put on further ice just as we all just saw the immediate cancelation of 3 day meetings. The co. has a planned movement coming soon. What that movement is, is not clear as of yet, but I would be willing to say they have a plan to get the proposal out to the members. That is all the company wants as did SWA, and SWA did what they had to, to get the first T/A out for a vote. AA wants the same I do believe. If the membership would also apply pressure you guys may get a chance to vote. If the asso refuses to do so, then right now would be the time for a card drive. For one that would more than like give enough pressure for a vote, then as soon as the vote is done, fire them, by pulling the trigger, and bring in the new union.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. NYer

NYer Veteran

Fleet would probably take what's on the table.

Maintenance will say no, almost no matter what.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. NYer

NYer Veteran

The Association has been misleading in their description of negotiations and telling us of massive outsourcing when in fact the Company had been pretty upfront with the cuts they seek. The Association embellished bigger cuts and bigger numbers of losses.

That's the reason the Company, surely with NMB approval, released the actual language of their proposal. They tried to combat the bad information being spread.

Seems some in the Assocation have taken these negotiations and made them a personal fight against AA. That needs to change, but using the latest "update" from Association where they characterize the NMB telling us to "drop dead," that doesn't seem to be happening.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. V.O. Reason

V.O. Reason Advanced

As I said this group of idiots who are running this Association are digging their heels in and it’s costing each and every member money in our pockets that we won’t ever recover

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. ALUS78

ALUS78 Veteran

If the offer is worse than the last proposal it would likely make folks bitter for years not sure the company wants that, no I think they will actually sweeten (hourly wage) the offer somewhat with the Ass saying it was the best they could do

6. NYer

NYer Veteran

They were found to sweeten the finances even before all this job action nonsense.

That's usually how to close it out and I'm sure it will become the selling point as it did with SWA...money.

Because the proposals have been released, it will be more difficult to try and make it seem they made the Company move.

7. bob@las-AA

bob@las-AA Veteran

I
    I agree with NYer, “then what?”, if the a$$ and the company are that far apart with no clear advances in our direction, what makes you think the membership will defeat it. We would be cutting our noses of to spite out face, surely you don’t think the company will see the error in its ways seeing their offer declined to show some sort of collective “no thanks, you can do better” and adjust if necessary. In case you didn’t notice the company canceled all future date with with the a$$ so they can add to their case in court. Wake up dude, a deal is already in place, and you can rest assured that it is “the best and only offer” they will make. Defeating what ever come our way NOW, will only ensure a much longer period on ice and big losses in our pockets. So my advice to you and all, ya better think real hard before you vote, if that day comes.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Buck

Buck Veteran
    Contributor

I may have missed something as I have been less active. But there is a claim on Facebook that American is going to give another raise outside
    of the negotiations?

• Funny Funny x 3
  9. Tim Nelson

Tim Nelson Veteran

Samuelson is young and stubborn and has dug in.
    I dont think there will be any sweetener from the company and lus is confirmed, fly, to lose the extra $3,000. 100% confirmed by Fly.

The company has the union in cuffs and now has union consent to fire mechanics as well. Its getting nastier, not better.
    The last offer is off the table.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. 1AA

1AA Veteran

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. 1AA

1AA Veteran

Don't underestimate the stupidity of the title 1 and 2 groups. I said groups not individuals before someone jumps to conclusions.

12. V.O. Reason

V.O. Reason Advanced

Oh I don’t know the union has refused an increase of 20 to 25000 in contract improvements so I think the greed goes both ways if you ask me especially since some of the wants of the union is future due payers

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. bob@las-AA

bob@las-AA Veteran

Yep, if you read it on FB, or here, it must be true.

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Vortilon

Vortilon Veteran

After watching Doug's 20 plus minute explanation to the Flight Attendants on Jetnet - Crew News about the current state of our negotiations, I am convinced there will be no agreement anytime soon. Turns out the NMB cancelled this weeks scheduled meetings. Even they have had enough, we are officially on ice.
    This news should cheer everybody up, I know I want to work harder now. Lol

On another note, don't look for A-7 passes to come back anytime soon either.

15. Buck

Buck Veteran
    Contributor