American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
So it takes NYC to sue American over employee sick leave. I thought you guys had a union? Shouldn't the union be the ones that sue American over sick leave?? Oh yea, forgot, you guys are represented by this abortion asso. not a "real" union, nevermind.

NYC Sues American Airlines Over Employee Sick Leave
TWU home turf and Samuelsons backyard. I wonder why the union did not pursue or even jump in with the city of New York on this?
I guess it's a hush up order coming from the International legal council.

ever hear the old line, the dog that doesn't bark. Once Twu realizes that the Iam will never budge off their medical and iampf, we might start to realize who the real enemy is. they are happy with their contract. Twu was/is the Stockholm syndrome there. Once this goes to arbitration or worse, the real cuts will be coming.

with that being said, new york will probably win that suit against aa, depends on the state. aa and other companies that could take material hits would fight any restituition, which would hold the law up, and make sick time more onerous contractually. Careful what you wish for, but new york guys mx guys should be happy short term, so that's one iem on the contract taken care of.

so that said what scope issues are we fighting for again, and how many job losses in dfw, tul, mia, lax twu stations are we looking. at? Its time the phat bastard stepped aside, brought a twu contract to vote on or demand arbitration now for us. Jim Little isn't here and after 7 years the members are tired of the international bullshit. Dont' care about Iam pov they don't care about ours. Put out a realistic proposal for us to look at ignore iam issues.

Maybe replace Samuelson if twu gets a huge fine, and replacing Samuelson will prove to the NMB that union is willing to negotiate, or since we are a small part of twu the union will show AA and NMB that they won’t be pushed around and our dues will go up to pay for fine.

I believe twu gets a majority of their money from NY trains.

Of course we keep forgetting the twu is only half of the association and we have to see how IAM reacts to all this. Plus we don’t know if ramp is willing to accept deal from AA. Ramp from either LUS or LAA side.

Can’t believe we all voted to have the association represent us.
\

Yes, whomever TWU Local 100 is. They have controlled the TWU Convention since before I was involved. If the Judge issues a PRO ( permanent restraining order ) fines the union, where is the union going to raise that kind of money? The AFL-CIO? No, they have a political campaign to run. If the union believes that the membership is going to pay for their screw up the results will be disastrous. They are looking for decertification or a probable class-action lawsuit. It has been said that once millions of dollars in fines a laid against the union that a T/A will emerge and the results will be a contract with the fines going away, with the company getting even more. Wasn't it the pilots that had a $45 million sick out ending in a bad situation that favored the company.

ever hear the old line, the dog that doesn't bark. Once Twu realizes that the Iam will never budge off their medical and iampf, we might start to realize who the real enemy is. they are happy with their contract. Twu was/is the Stockholm syndrome there. Once this goes to arbitration or worse, the real cuts will be coming.

with that being said, new york will probably win that suit against aa, depends on the state. aa and other companies that could take material hits would fight any restituition, which would hold the law up, and make sick time more onerous contractually. Careful what you wish for, but new york guys mx guys should be happy short term, so that's one iem on the contract taken care of.

so that said what scope issues are we fighting for again, and how many job losses in dfw, tul, mia, lax twu stations are we looking. at? Its time the phat bastard stepped aside, brought a twu contract to vote on or demand arbitration now for us. Jim Little isn't here and after 7 years the members are tired of the international bullshit. Dont' care about Iam pov they don't care about ours. Put out a realistic proposal for us to look at ignore iam issues.
I think the TWU knows well that the IAM will not move off their position. Kind of hard to go to your members and tell them they get a worse deal than what they have. What does the TWU have to say about that ? Nothing. Now Parker is bad mouthing the Association, and the union meeting with the NMB is just to touch base with them. This is a situation that has moved in the wrong direction. Amazing how a horrible business choice by the TWU could snowball into something this pathetic. And they won't own up to it either.

I a
I think the TWU knows well that the IAM will not move off their position. Kind of hard to go to your members and tell them they get a worse deal than what they have. What does the TWU have to say about that ? Nothing. Now Parker is bad mouthing the Association, and the union meeting with the NMB is just to touch base with them. This is a situation that has moved in the wrong direction. Amazing how a horrible business choice by the TWU could snowball into something this pathetic. And they won't own up to it either.

I am badmouthing the Association! Will someone look into the union's ability to raise dues? I went to the International web page, read everything I could concerning dues and could not find anything.

\

Yes, whomever TWU Local 100 is. They have controlled the TWU Convention since before I was involved. If the Judge issues a PRO ( permanent restraining order ) fines the union, where is the union going to raise that kind of money? The AFL-CIO? No, they have a political campaign to run. If the union believes that the membership is going to pay for their screw up the results will be disastrous. They are looking for decertification or a probable class-action lawsuit. It has been said that once millions of dollars in fines a laid against the union that a T/A will emerge and the results will be a contract with the fines going away, with the company getting even more. Wasn't it the pilots that had a $45 million sick out ending in a bad situation that favored the company.

Well AA and Association meet separately with the NMB in three WEEKS. Then maybe there will be negotiations scheduled for 3 weeks after that, or maybe there won’t be.

The only thing certain is, that the people we are forced to pay are keeping us from any kind of contract improvements and they have no accountability to us. This feels like something right out of goodfellas. F U pay me.

Reactions: Buck
Here’s something funny, the other half of our union, the one we don’t pay but has equal control of our contract are happy with status quo, and they have no accountability to us either.

They already have the best contract in the industry why change it. F you I got paid.

Reactions: Buck
\

We are too stupid to see the big picture. We haven't left this abortion of a union as of today is as bad as it gets. It will get worse. The association will still be here. We are a bunch of dumb rocks in a bag full of holes.
It's sad I have to say these things about a group of professionals that I am affiliated with day in and day out.
We will never grow a pair to tell the association to go suck an egg.

We are too stupid to see the big picture. We haven't left this abortion of a union as of today is as bad as it gets. It will get worse. The association will still be here. We are a bunch of dumb rocks in a bag full of holes.
It's sad I have to say these things about a group of professionals that I am affiliated with day in and day out.
We will never grow a pair to tell the association to go suck an egg.
67540584_2481630041857944_5281187178385244160_n.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.