American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could only handle 3 minutes of it.
Remember, it's Ten Minute Tim. I'm surprised you actually lasted 3 minutes of watching since your capacity for knowledge is very limited. Look, I think your AMFA is better than the association but you need to stop your madness about "My Life For AMFA". It makes us all look bad. Be honest and answer questions properly instead of acting dopey with NYer who makes you look pretty bad. And I share many of your beliefs and not NYer's who still seems like a TWU sorta guy. Nothing against NYer but he kicks your butt in your debates with him because he makes good points that you should agree with. AMFA does have its zaps and pitfalls.

Like him or not Tim is pretty spot on.
Samuelson is a buffoon who is going to harm each and every one of us.
Just consider all the money this guy and the other so called reps have cost you in this past two years

Reactions: Tim Nelson
The ASS is nothing more than an ill-conceived Legal way of keeping the $$$ under the AFL-CIO family.
That being said, AA is not blame-free in this situation we all find ourselves in. AA helped prop up the TWU
by aiding the TWU to fend off AMFA on numerous occasions. Two examples are the " Bogus Title One Roster"
and the infamous "Amazon Prime On Steroids Like Roster Delivery" to Washington DC.

The rank & file had
Zero influence or decision making regarding the formation of the ASS, but now we may
pay the price for a few loudmouths who are blamed for poor performance.

In reality (talking to Mr. Parker) the real problem we face (LAA side specifically) is
"ZERO MORAL"

Here is my solution Mr. Parker, grandfather the IAM folks into their health plan that YOU signed off on but
dump the IAMPF & add an industry-leading 401K match. As a TWU member, I'm fine with the present IAM folks

being grandfathered into their health plan because of the fact that AA is still required to fund the LAA pension.
Even though it is frozen most on the Mechanic & Related members have 20 plus years vested in the plan, so
you would basically be grandfathering the TWU membership in our pension plan.

Mr. Parker, In the spirit of the Trump Tax Bill & a true ILC let your Mechanic & Related team prove to you what
a motivated team with up to date tooling & facilities can do! But then stay out of our business when we choose to select
our representation of our choosing.

To the ASS, "Get This Done Or Get Out Of The Way".

Reactions: robbedagain
your catering jobs are gone. bye bye
I think you are correct, just like your facility boys and some of your work.

Your boy samuelson cost us any sweetener. So we are screwed. If the company has a heart to give me my $6,000 i think ill use that for a bass boat down here in pbi. I was originally thinking a salt water cruiser timeshare but id prolly get in trouble with the ladies out there and the boat parties on the water.

Unfortunately dfwgreen, you are landlocked and the texas coastline smells like oil. And no mountains. So i think you can take your $3,000 and buy a few wrenches. You are going to need them at the auto shop once Pedro wins Presidency.

I think you are correct, just like your facility boys and some of your work.

Your boy samuelson cost us any sweetener. So we are screwed. If the company has a heart to give me my $6,000 i think ill use that for a bass boat down here in pbi. I was originally thinking a salt water cruiser timeshare but id prolly get in trouble with the ladies out there and the boat parties on the water.

Unfortunately dfwgreen, you are landlocked and the texas coastline smells like oil. And no mountains. So i think you can take your $3,000 and buy a few wrenches. You are going to need them at the auto shop once Pedro wins Presidency.
I do and im ashamed to say agree with you the association leaders put us in this position. Wont need thecauto shop side gig been preparing for retirement, woukd like 5 more years but its not necessary. In the event of a layoff id look at the severance package and just retire. Its a benefit of an eady 100k a year.

American seems intent on cutting its nose off to spite its face.

I'm sure the asinine America West theories regarding parts inventory ( "Parts?! We don' need no stinkin' parts!" ) or no overnight checks ( "I won't look at this airplane here, it's fine and I'm sure in the morning it will still be fine" ) and aircraft maintenance in general had nothing to do with some of these cancellations, amirite?

How about the "Unable to crew" CXLD flights in the first week of the month, before they burn up the reserves? I thought they were going to address crewing issues?

Going to war against a key employee group and engaging in 'Scorched Earth' tactics seems incredibly stupid to me, but what do I know?

I'm the guy out front waiting for the employee bus listening to everyone coming out of the terminal saying "Oh my god that was F'ing terrible! I'm never flying this godawful airline again".

America West doesn't know what it's doing and everyone can see it.

So what's this Association going to do when the passengers file a class action civil suit for damages because of lost time and money due to the delays that a Federal Judge has now placed squarely on the Association, IAM, and TWU?

The missed cruises, the missed Funerals, and missed Weddings
Missed Meetings
Missed final moments with sick loved ones

Can you imagine the dollar figure on the damages to the paying passengers?
The airline never expressed any Guarantee they would travel that day even though they purchased a ticket.

American seems intent on cutting its nose off to spite its face.

I'm sure the asinine America West theories regarding parts inventory ( "Parts?! We don' need no stinkin' parts!" ) or no overnight checks ( "I won't look at this airplane here, it's fine and I'm sure in the morning it will still be fine" ) and aircraft maintenance in general had nothing to do with some of these cancellations, amirite?

How about the "Unable to crew" CXLD flights in the first week of the month, before they burn up the reserves? I thought they were going to address crewing issues?

Going to war against a key employee group and engaging in 'Scorched Earth' tactics seems incredibly stupid to me, but what do I know?

I'm the guy out front waiting for the employee bus listening to everyone coming out of the terminal saying "Oh my god that was F'ing terrible! I'm never flying this godawful airline again".

America West doesn't know what it's doing and everyone can see it.
Dude, your opinion doesnt count. Never mind that nothing is new whether Elvis Bob or America West.
Your dopey union bosses were easy prey for the company to graft the union in to pay for crappy management.
The only way to negotiate with a mega carrier now is to be professional. Your union doesnt understand.

Samuelsen at AA Headquarters with Catering Workers the day after Judge issued permanent injunction
No wonder AA filed for fines
If this idiot goes to the NMB meeting tomorrow with this attitude, the meeting will be over before it begins

Samuelsen at AA Headquarters with Catering Workers the day after Judge issued permanent injunction
No wonder AA filed for fines
If this idiot goes to the NMB meeting tomorrow with this attitude, the meeting will be over before it begins
Samuelsen may not have put us in this Association, but he has handled things poorly for the TWU members. Very uninformative about positions taken in negotiations. Has not countered the company in court, blew his stack at Isom, and is out of touch with his membership. Bad representation is putting it mildly. Makes you wonder if someone is pulling his strings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts