American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s time to remove this abortion of an association from the property and have a single representative vote for fleet and maint.
There has to be a way.
We are going to loose so much the longer these morons are in charge and holding us hostage
Reality starting to set in there V.O.? Some of US have been saying this for years.

There won't be a bankruptcy.

They're making profits hand over first.
And they were to last time. They cooked the books. you morons did not believe this. They filed with 4.5-5.0 billion still in assets as well as 4.5 million in cash. Any more questions?? My God you guys are so brainwashed.

And they were to last time. They cooked the books. you morons did not believe this. They filed with 4.5-5.0 billion still in assets as well as 4.5 million in cash. Any more questions?? My God you guys are so brainwashed.

Corporate bankruptcy is very expensive, and if the trend of continuing losses are expected, then best to file bankruptcy with as much cash, as possible. UA, NW, DL, AA all filed BK post-9/11 with billions available. Wait until the cash is gone, and DIP financing becomes uncertain or unavailable as with BN and US, and the future could be bleak.

While its certainly true that intl pressure weighs on us as domestic MX, domestic pressure on fleet service is just as real..... and growing.

http://unitedgroundexpress.com/

i read some of the comments from happy united express workers...portland, birmingham...not hubs for united.

because united uses it's own employees to work it's RJs in it's hubs.

parker says give me any contract and i'll sign it. ok, let's do united's, and now aa needs to hire thousands of aa fleet service.

he really makes no sense at all.

8/15/19 09:00

"So much to write with so little time to tell"

Being around for decades never would I have thought unionism would have sunk so low. For me, I see two upcoming announcements.

1. A TA announced between the company and ASS.

2. Later the dissolution of the ASS.
(Who would want to be the representation union? Who cares)

This has been an unprecedented chain of events orchestrated by the company WITH the consent of the union.
YES. THE COMPLETE CONSENT OF THE UNION.

Everything from.......

Samuelson (the unelected) spouting off how he was going to bring a blood bath to the company.
Yes. THIS WAS SCRIPTED>

Giving the union material showing cancellations blamed on OTS aircraft where that absolutely didn't exist.
None of this material was used in defense when the company took the ASS to court.
(still have the info but WGAS)

This all reminds me of Jim Littles last Coup de Grace.
Where as Little Jimmy "Gave" the company the out of bankruptcy equity stake in lieu of a measly 3 % raise.
( how did that work for ya?)

Now with the NMB making a decision to actually do their job telling the company and union to bring their decision makers to the table....get ready for the biggest POS sandwich contractyou will ever work under. All in lieu of the fines about to be levied by the courts.
Hey, if you can't see the writing on the wall.....no worries just keep your blinders on.
TWU the only union the company will ever need to screw their employees.
Now who screws you more the company or the union?

Since I haven't posted in four years, I won't waist more than 4 minutes penning the lack of ethics exhibited by both.

Please excuse the lack of grammar. I refuse to proof read because I care as much to do that as the union lack of caring to represent their ;members

Last edited:
Other airlines are the basis for comparisons for the unions as well as the airlines, with one side wanting the positives while the other wants the negatives.

If we started negotiations knowing this, or at least acknowledging it, we'd have a better time trying to navigate the negatives.

and you scolded me for "looking into others' backyards"?

you just said other airlines are the basis of comparisons.

Reactions: dfw gen

Being around for decades never would I have thought unionism would have sunk so low. For me, I see two upcoming announcements.

This has been an unprecedented chain of events orchestrated by the company WITH the consent of the union.

Everything from.......

Samuelson (the unelected) spouting off how he was going to bring a blood bath to the company.
Yes. THIS WAS SCRIPTED>

Giving the union material showing cancellations blamed on OTS aircraft where that absolutely didn't exist.
None of this material was used in defense when the company took the ASS to court.

Where as Little Jimmy "Gave" the company the out of bankruptcy equity stake in lieu of a measly 3 % raise.

Now with the NMB making a decision to actually do their job telling the company and union to bring their decision makers to the table....get ready for the biggest POS sandwich contractyou will ever work under. All in lieu of the fines about to be levied by the courts.
Hey, if you can't see the writing on the wall.....no worries just keep your blinders on.

Since I haven't posted in four years, I won't waist more than 4 minutes penning the lack of ethics exhibited by both.

Please excuse the lack of grammar. I refuse to proof read because I care as much to do that as the union lack of caring to represent their ;members
Well written. I'm in process of legal inquiry to determine if we have a case to sue the union for serious damages (Fleet craft) since it was found guilty in the determination and so ordered. This damaged any enhancement chance and may have resulted in a new proposal that is less. Since we have the complete proposal from the company, we have a baseline to go on that would show the damages. I'm not sure if we have a case, but since we are not members of the Association, which is our only collective bargaining agent, I believe we are free to go outside in the federal courts. One thing we all know, is that I will find out.

Even if your numbers were true, and they aren't, the debt was more than their assets. Your have $100B in assets but it means little if you have $200B in debt.

The cash was unencumbered, it was collateralized. It's like taking a $100K home equity loan and putting that money in the bank. You're not $100K richer.

Everything from.......

Yes. THIS WAS SCRIPTED>

Dreaming, they will never agree to anything based on what has been said by these union idiots

Well written. I'm in process of legal inquiry to determine if we have a case to sue the union for serious damages (Fleet craft) since it was found guilty in the determination and so ordered. This damaged any enhancement chance and may have resulted in a new proposal that is less. Since we have the complete proposal from the company, we have a baseline to go on that would show the damages. I'm not sure if we have a case, but since we are not members of the Association, which is our only collective bargaining agent, I believe we are free to go outside in the federal courts. One thing we all know, is that I will find out.

Sorry timmy, I'm definitely daft enough to believe any litigation process would benefit any membership.
I most certainly don't condone your simplistic views about our "craft".
If you believe the IAM is the solution you're more delusional than I give you credit for.

If we are paying dues to the union then that does make us members...does it not?

Sorry timmy, I'm definitely daft enough to believe any litigation process would benefit any membership.
I most certainly don't condone your simplistic views about our "craft".
If you believe the IAM is the solution you're more delusional than I give you credit for.
Your support for the IAM is the only delusional thing. But if you are a mechanic, you really ought to refocus your energies on AMFA. It's better for your group and Fleet since your interest are more global and wrestling with Pedro making $2.
Sorry

If we are paying dues to the union then that does make us members...does it not?
Robbed, you are not a member of the Association. The Association is your collective bargaining agent. The IAM and TWU extinguished their certifications. That said, word got back to me that any litigation against the Association for damages isn't really a case. But I thought I would at least check because we are getting boned.

Your support for the IAM is the only delusional thing. But if you are a mechanic, you really ought to refocus your energies on AMFA. It's better for your group and Fleet since your interest are more global and wrestling with Pedro making $2.
Sorry

"My" support for the IAM?

Really? Just like a 4th grade teacher would say to you, please reread.
Your comprehension level isn't up to standard. I think we are going to hold you back a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.