American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Complaining about their salary helps you how? You should focus on the company. Their salaries are nothing compared to what upper management is making.
You can bury your head in the sand about these Unions all you want.
I think the membership has a right to know what they make,
I think the membership should throw them off the property,
I think the Union is the bigger liar in our situation.
Management has been transparent with their videos and information, and the only management withholding of information was done at the request of the Association. When one side is hiding facts, and the other sharing information, only a real Union Zealot would not see through the smoke screen.

As Union Members we have no say in salaries of management, we don't dictate work load or headcount, I am not sure when the Union idea changed to "We try to run the Company" but these jack ass Union leaders cannot even the run the Union, so why are they trying to forcefully run the Airline? We are supposed to have a say in Union Leader pay and we are allowed by Federal Law to have the Union of our choice. This Association was the not the choice of the membership, and I have never had a ballot for International Officers. And they have you hoodwinked and lead you around by a ring in your nose, to chastise anyone who challenges the illegitimacy of the Dictators. What flavor is the Kool-Aid they serve these days anyway? It's all backwards here......all of it!!

You have the right to blindly follow this overpaid bus driver off the cliff if you like, but you have no right to force me to jump off with you.

Last edited:
I believe todays meeting adjourned. That cant be good.
As soon as Samuelson opened his mouth it ended?
NMB needs to issue the 30 day cooling off
Let the Company impose their offer, and let the Union attempt a Strike
Let's call the bluff in and get this show on down the road

My money will be on a bet that this Union gets busted and handed their ass
We will vote on the offer with our support or with holding of support
Put us to the test since the Union doesn't give a rats ass about our opinion
But this pathetic game of rhetoric will end and we can get on with our careers

Reactions: Tim Nelson
You can bury your head in the sand about these Unions all you want.
I think the membership has a right to know what they make,
I think the membership should throw them off the property,
I think the Union is the bigger liar in our situation.
Management has been transparent with their videos and information, and the only management withholding of information was done at the request of the Association. When one side is hiding facts, and the other sharing information, only a real Union Zealot would not see through the smoke screen.

As Union Members we have no say in salaries of management, we don't dictate work load or headcount, I am not sure when the Union idea changed to "We try to run the Company" but these jack ass Union leaders cannot even the run the Union, so why are they trying to forcefully run the Airline? We are supposed to have a say in Union Leader pay and we are allowed by Federal Law to have the Union of our choice. This Association was the not the choice of the membership, and I have never had a ballot for International Officers. And they have you hoodwinked and lead you around by a ring in your nose, to chastise anyone who challenges the illegitimacy of the Dictators. What flavor is the Kool-Aid they serve these days anyway? It's all backwards here......all of it!!

You have the right to blindly follow this overpaid bus driver off the cliff if you like, but you have no right to force me to jump off with you.
Glad to see you back TWU informer.

What's with the avatar change?

As soon as Samuelson opened his mouth it ended?
NMB needs to issue the 30 day cooling off
Let the Company impose their offer, and let the Union attempt a Strike
Let's call the bluff in and get this show on down the road

My money will be on a bet that this Union gets busted and handed their ass
We will vote on the offer with our support or with holding of support
Put us to the test since the Union doesn't give a rats ass about our opinion
But this pathetic game of rhetoric will end and we can get on with our careers
There cant be a strike. Even so, a strike vote may get 40%-50% support. Thats about it. MX might pull 60%-70% if they are lucky.
But there cant be a strike anyways.

Surprised we didn’t get a text saying to work like you normally would.

Which is, professional victim.
You are getting me confused with that loafer and con guy weezles.
Weezles knew how to do things to get outta work and Ill give him credit for being smarter than you and most in our craft. He just uses his smarts for personal gain like your boy peterson.
I work my butt off down here sweating bullets in pbi.

So, the meeting yesterday abruptly ended. The union is appealing the injunction. Imo this puts our own representation at risk since the union is going for broke. And imo it may have to revoke its certification as the iam did last year with a different set of mechanics.

Remember, the meter is running.

Im actually at a loss for words cuz there is negative leverage. They should at least allow people to vote before climbing the appeal death wish.
I guess ill give Samuelson credit for this gambit and sticking to his words. Even though its almost certainly going to end with serious job loss and benefit loss.
No doubt, now, this certainly will end up as the biggest flop or gain in the history of Labor.
If the company wasnt healthy then id give better odds to the union but, cmon maaannn. The odds of winning this is about 1000/1.
All of our jobs will be in the balance.

Warning Will Robinson!

Reactions: bigjets
You guys can talk smack all you want about Sammy. But, the fact remains, Isom is a punk. He's the whole reason as the guy in charge of operations, everything is in the tank. I stand by my opinion, he deserves to be called out and really, he deserves to be fired.

You guys can talk smack all you want about Sammy. But, the fact remains, Isom is a punk. He's the whole reason as the guy in charge of operations, everything is in the tank. I stand by my opinion, he deserves to be called out and really, he deserves to be fired.
Can't argue about Isom watching the operation tank with no corrective action. Easy to blame the mechanics to cover their blunders. Samuelson is another issue. It's why morale is shot. Mgmt screws the operation and the Association is dysfunctioal.

I heard all this bs about mechanics slowing things down,
I can tell you in Charlotte I hear this a lot. flt such and such is returning to the gate for maintenance.
I fail to see what any mx has to do with that except to fix the pos

Reactions: Talos
I heard all this bs about mechanics slowing things down,
I can tell you in Charlotte I hear this a lot. flt such and such is returning to the gate for maintenance.
I fail to see what any mx has to do with that except to fix the pos
No doubt you may be correct but the union boss rhetoric gave parker and isom opportunity for a sacrificial lamb.
The union rhetoric putting out flyers "nmb drop dead", "Amsrican can shove profits up their asses", "bloody war" isnt doing us any favors.
In this world, the powers that be are not intimidated with unprofessionalism. Cripes, even cussing is barely tolerated.
75 years ago, Samuelson and his baseball bat mentality wouldda been useful. Now its incredibly destructive.
At the end of the day, peterson and samuelson saved Isom and parkers job. Those 2 got away with blaming and possibly billing the union.

You need to focus on your own career. And also learn how to spell. Its P.e.d.r.o.
And he makes $2 doing the same thing as you. Also, his boy Kong over in China, does your job for about .25 cents.
I dont approve of pedro and kong, because we all know you do the job a helluva lot better. But you are wrong to think that Parker cares.
Parker cares about himself , board of directors, and shareholders . The Association is his *****, and fixing to put it balls deep. You better as employees especially the mechanics look at hiring AMFA lawfirm to protect yourselves from both the company and the Association. Good Luck! And don't listen to you Can Fix Stupid! :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.