American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could care less who the language belongs to, and it’s the Association who Ultimately is the rightful owner, but my point is to start off with a clean sheet of paper, and that’s what you’ll get with this stupid card drive I keep hearing about, not to mention years of crafting new language. Yep..... real man of genius moment there dude.
You really can’t be that dumb, can you?

Reactions: 787nightmare

Unfortunately yes.....
I was STUNNED at how absolutely clueless and ignorant(as in just uninformed)a lot of guys were in TULE H5 when I was there back in 2011 before the BK!

Talk about battered wife syndrome.
Kept telling them....”it can’t get any worse!”
‍♂️smh....

I could care less who the language belongs to, and it’s the Association who Ultimately is the rightful owner, but my point is to start off with a clean sheet of paper, and that’s what you’ll get with this stupid card drive I keep hearing about, not to mention years of crafting new language. Yep..... real man of genius moment there dude.

The language could be written in a couple days tops. Little cut and paste, changes here and there, and voila - new contract language done and done!
It really isn't that hard.

Reactions: swamt
What do you care? You are a burnt out electrician working as a Fleet Service Clerk. Hey, no shame in that, I am the same thing. I also worked as an electrician before becoming a Fleet Service Clerk at American Airlines, just was not a good fit for me.

You being a tradesman you should respect that the mechanics want a UNION that represents THEIR best interest.

If you are so dead set against that I can only conclude you washed out in the real world and are hiding behind your UNION big brother attempted to manipulate your coworkers to keep the status quo.

Last edited:
What do you care? You are a burnt out electrician working as a Fleet Service Clerk. Hey, no shame in that, I am the same thing. I also worked as an electrician before becoming a Fleet Service Clerk at American Airlines, just was not a good fit for me.

You being a tradesman you should respect that the mechanics want a UNION that represents THEIR best interest.

If you are so dead set against that I can only conclude you washed out in the real world and are hiding behind your UNION big brother attempted to manipulate your coworkers to keep the status quo.

Who Gives a Shite , what you were, or are now !!

I hope they 'farm out ' every job in OKIE-HOMA they can !
Tulsa was and still is the MOST 'sack less' local in AA.
I started in 86', until 04', and EVERY initial contract laid before TUL, always got a YES vote. I NEVER though any station had LESS BAWLS then DFW, BUT, TUL Always.."out sacked" them every time.

Like the old saying goes La Lay Low, What goes around, comes around !
(Ah. one more week before the nice postman delivers the usual '4' checks, to yours truly) !!

PS, keep working that Overtime, so you can pay more SS taxes ! You MAY see yours when you're 70+ !!!!!!!!!!!

honestly, nobody cares what you did prior, but being an electrician flunkie isnt something to brag about.
Its ok to embrace being content.

all the money right there. i had brought up seniority issues when i first started posting.

it may have been a rocky road for you with piedmont and us air, but, you were given a lucky lottery ticket when we merged.
It was a true blessing. And the creation of the association truly benefitted lus initially. Now, not so much because of the divisions and conflicts of interest.
It just doesnt work having mx with fleet. Its a strange and terrible thing.
Like have FAs and pilots in the same union. Both are flight hour unions but different interest.
I remember when ALPA created alea to represent ground workers but that didnt work out to well at Republic and USair. And the culture has changed since the 70s when it worked great to have different divisions. Not so now.
Strength in numbers only works if everyone speaks the same language. Its hard to even find a union that speaks the same language as its members.

The stupid union leaders try to paint a rosy picture with their wacko updates, truth is ICE Baby ,, Ice... Nothing will move forward until the court case is finished.

And as far as the CBA is concerned, we will never see an ILC until headcount is right sized, which is what will happen after we all leave in the next 5-10 years, as very few want to do this job in this country. IAM has the best contact in the industry hands down at AA,, and they're not going to let that go until they are forced by the courts or RLA. Face it, we were sold a pipe dream by the ASS telling us we would get the best of both agreements yet they have been unable to produce it and never will.
You were sold a pipe dream. And many of us tried to warn you all, but most just believed the asso. because that was what they really wanted to hear. But reality is, they will NEVER get the best of both agreements into the new JCBA. I never believed that from the get go and neither did this crooked fiasco of a representational organization called the asso.

Why do we all bother arguing and pretending we know what is realty going on or going to happen?
This Association is proven to keep us in the dark.

We are Burning Daylight and $2500 plus per month with rumor and innuendo

It is really a simple fix to stop the bleeding

SIGN CARDS
LEAVE ASSOCIATION, IAM, TWU, and FLEET SERVICE

Mechanic and Related Status and Future will Immediately Improve
YES. Please do. Let's get this done. Pull the trigger. Call AMFA (if that's who you guys want) and ask for some help now with Brett at the helm and with both SWA and ALK contracts done AMFA National will have some time to help you guys out IMO. They just added Horizon and myself personally would love to see you guys be part of AMFA. Good luck. Hope it gets done before I retire in 7.5 years.

And just what would happen to the articles that have been TAed? Those belong to the Association, ya you’re a real genius dude!!
It's idiots like this that don't have a clue how the processes work that keep this stupid asso. at the helm. It is the ignorance like this that the asso. relies on heavily.

Yes he is. He has no clue.
We did it when we fired the teamsters. Yes we did it right after a contract was brought in, but there were other agreements, side letters, LOA's etc. that was still nego and agreed to that were done outside of the contract and after AMFA took over the teamsters contract. And BTW, the verbal agreements left open were nego way better by AMFA with improvements and bringing work back in as well as shutting down the Canada international outsourcing after AMFA came in and seen the teamsters agreed to it. (one of the many reasons they were fired in two weeks.
So don't just assume all T/Aed language goes away. This is exactly what the asso. will tell you guys as scare tactic so not to fire them and it is NOT true at all.

It was a true blessing. And the creation of the association truly benefitted lus initially. Now, not so much because of the divisions and conflicts of interest.
It just doesnt work having mx with fleet. Its a strange and terrible thing.
Like have FAs and pilots in the same union. Both are flight hour unions but different interest.
I remember when ALPA created alea to represent ground workers but that didnt work out to well at Republic and USair. And the culture has changed since the 70s when it worked great to have different divisions. Not so now.
Strength in numbers only works if everyone speaks the same language. Its hard to even find a union that speaks the same language as its members.
You blew it at the end. I was going to give you a pat on the back and even couldn't believe you making so much sense. Then you finished with "It's hard to find a union that speaks the same languages as it members." Wrong. AMFA speaks the mechanics language. I would more inclined to say IAM would speak a better language for the fleet boys, but would care less if you guys kept the TWU or even this asso. as long as the mechanics were on their own and you other groups off their coattails.
Up to that last sentence I am in agreement with the rest of your post. And I will even say well said.

You blew it at the end. I was going to give you a pat on the back and even couldn't believe you making so much sense. Then you finished with "It's hard to find a union that speaks the same languages as it members." Wrong. AMFA speaks the mechanics language. I would more inclined to say IAM would speak a better language for the fleet boys, but would care less if you guys kept the TWU or even this asso. as long as the mechanics were on their own and you other groups off their coattails.
Up to that last sentence I am in agreement with the rest of your post. And I will even say well said.
My statement is true. Kindly reread it. It is very hard actually to find one. AMFA is one of the exceptions as well as the UE, APA, etc. The IAM doesn't speak anyone's language except the language of money. Remember, it stole my pension? What the hell kind of language is that?

C'mon Swamt, I know you only think about yourself but you can do better than that.

Who Gives a Shite , what you were, or are now !!

I hope they 'farm out ' every job in OKIE-HOMA they can !
Tulsa was and still is the MOST 'sack less' local in AA.
I started in 86', until 04', and EVERY initial contract laid before TUL, always got a YES vote. I NEVER though any station had LESS BAWLS then DFW, BUT, TUL Always.."out sacked" them every time.

Like the old saying goes La Lay Low, What goes around, comes around !
(Ah. one more week before the nice postman delivers the usual '4' checks, to yours truly) !!

PS, keep working that Overtime, so you can pay more SS taxes ! You MAY see yours when you're 70+ !!!!!!!!!!!
What do you know... another post from a self centered PoS leftist. Nothing new there.

but being an electrician flunkie isnt something to brag about
Well we can't all be UNION sycophants and professional attention seekers Tim.

My question still stands why someone who has a background as a tradesman would seek to discourage another tradesman from seeking a UNION that represents his specific trade? I would think a tradesman would have more respect for another tradesman than that.

Most people who practice a trade feel a kinship and sense of respect for other tradesmen even if they are of a different trade.

That was the point of my post.

The only way Bob's post makes any logical sense to me is if he washed out of his trade and harbors resentment. I mean honestly, wouldn't a multi-employer UNION job just be a perfect fit for someone like that?

Think about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.