American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you consider pay increases, differential pay. Better overtime pay 401 k match concessionary then your a fool.
Don’t get me started on the higher insurance as an argument or the fact they won’t add a bunch of cities as concessions
That’s just a distraction by the union to convince us to support this BS ASS.
We have or should I say had an agreements that offered several improvements to all our contracts.
I continue to fail to see why waiting on the perfect agreement which is costing us money everyday is such a win for anyone.
I know one thing my cost out in the real world continue to go up, my car insurance my home owners insurance as well as just everyday expenses. That’s life but those who are suppose to be working for me are costing me more.
So screw the IAM and those who want to keep waiting I truly hope they are fined big time and can rid ourselves of these jerks

Perfect contract will never happen. But if theyre gonna go w top scale then why use UA or DL when they can offer WN top pay

I can see your point of view, if i were usair id have the same view. Id be happy to drag it out.
It’s the exact reason having two unions is a horrible scenario.

There’s a reason there’s one pope, one POTUS, one governor, one steering wheel in the car, one captain in charge of a 777, etc etc etc......

Seems the pilots received a proposal for a "Delta-type" profit sharing plan.

That's a potential flow through everyone would like. :rolleyes:

Nope not a 5 yr old. Nope. Not a mechanic either. Just a 23 yr veteran of LUS now LAA. Not typically deep thinker. Just look at the whole big picture. If AMFA got best deal out there then clearly we as FSA n U AMTs deserve similar n yes Im fully well aware we wont get everything. I actually expect we LUS will end up w no more catering. But what i want is improved contracts similarly to our 2014 n 99 agreements but enhanced better. Id like to have 401K w match

So based on what AA put out on jetnet, you would be happy with what they’re offering (before everybody’s pantys start bunching up) yes we need to read the final proposal before voting not just what’s on jetnet. Unfortunately we don’t know what we are asking for or anything because all we hear from union is, work normal, after the train guy threatened AA president 5 months ago.

Maybe the NMB will schedule more meetings before year is out.

That would be nice but there hasnt been flow thru to us.

The medical is an example of a flow through, only the IAM left to join.

The 401K will probably end up as another flow through, at least the Company will try.

If they offered the pilots the PS plan, it's likely we'd get it too as would the other groups.

So based on what AA put out on jetnet, you would be happy with what they’re offering (before everybody’s pantys start bunching up) yes we need to read the final proposal before voting not just what’s on jetnet. Unfortunately we don’t know what we are asking for or anything because all we hear from union is, work normal, after the train guy threatened AA president 5 months ago.

Maybe the NMB will schedule more meetings before year is out.

If you go on Jetnet, the FULL language for both work groups is there. It's been there for a few months now. If I remember correctly, the company released full details, but the Association has not released their full details or even a rebuttal to the company proposal.

On Jetnet search for Full Company Proposal for TWU-IAM Association Negotiations. Then click on the Jetnet hyperlink in the third paragraph.

Reactions: 787nightmare
If you go on Jetnet, the FULL language for both work groups is there. It's been there for a few months now. If I remember correctly, the company released full details, but the Association has not released their full details or even a rebuttal to the company proposal.

On Jetnet search for Full Company Proposal for TWU-IAM Association Negotiations. Then click on the Jetnet hyperlink in the third paragraph.

The Association released some of their proposals, like Scope.

no surprise at all. you could see that coming 2 years ago.

Don't think it's free.

We'll see what else they may be asking for. Possibly the 16% 401K going down to 9%.

It'll be interesting to see if the PS is offered to other groups which would be a disadvantage for the Company compared to DL. It would be out of character.

out of character?

how long as lus gotten more holidays at a higher rate of pay, while also having a cheaper insurance than laa?

since their 2014 stand-alone? that's 5+ years of being out of character.

prior to their 2014 stand-alone, i believe the company saw the unfairness and raised non-hub lus wages, up to laa wages. now, that's out of character.

i believe the company will tell the pilots that they are the true team 'partners' and everyone else can lump it.

having DL's profit sharing parameters for 14,000-16,000 team members isn't going to harm the company. the company keeps telling us that CapEx will be halved by next year...so, a few billion more in cash laying around every year. just seems as though no one else will get their hands on that - save the pilots, F/As and shareholders.

out of character?

how long as lus gotten more holidays at a higher rate of pay, while also having a cheaper insurance than laa?

since their 2014 stand-alone? that's 5+ years of being out of character.

prior to their 2014 stand-alone, i believe the company saw the unfairness and raised non-hub lus wages, up to laa wages. now, that's out of character.

I'm surprised how little attention people put into their surroundings.

You first comment, about LUS having the holidays and medical. They've had that many years before the merger. It's a completely different agreement they've made during their own standalone negotiations.

Second, they weren't "given" their raises. They agreed to those raises, some job protection and the elimination of the "Ready Reserve," since their contract was amendable during and after the AMR BK. They negotiated those wages in order to close out their standalone talks and start the JCBA. The connotation by many seems to be they were given a raise outside negotiations like we all did in 2016. That wasn't the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts