American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
My thought was he may have to cave to save the union from huge fines, BK and could there not be a slight outside possibility that he has legal risk personally from the idiot in MIA? He may have no choice but to move on and live to fight another day.
Save the union? The Unions decided to save both of their leadership structures by creating a nonelected negotiation oligarchy
that is preforming just like we said it would. Do you think AA wants to deal with a situation where their employees are forced to
pay a fine to keep their unelected, unwanted ASS afloat? My vote will have zero thought into saving this abortion.

Reactions: swamt
The International ownes all contractual agreements. No vote by the membership is needed. If the International wants a contract to pass all they do is sign off on it.
It's about money and always will be.
If anyone doesn't like it then quit.
We tried several card drives and that has failed. So suck it up boys. What the International wants, the International gets.

The International ownes all contractual agreements. No vote by the membership is needed. If the International wants a contract to pass all they do is sign off on it.
It's about money and always will be.
If anyone doesn't like it then quit.
We tried several card drives and that has failed. So suck it up boys. What the International wants, the International gets.
If the international were to pull that trump card tha same non card signers would still not sign.

If the international were to pull that trump card tha same non card signers would still not sign.
Doubt it. We have been screwed over so bad that other unions are laughing at us. Some can't believe that we can not directly vote for our International officers. The membership is obvious OK with that.

Doubt it. We have been screwed over so bad that other unions are laughing at us. Some can't believe that we can not directly vote for our International officers. The membership is obvious OK with that.

Talk to pilots about our situation and they just don’t understand how this association happened to us. They actually voted for their union representation. Same with the FAs.

I’m hoping the association asks for self help.

Talk to pilots about our situation and they just don’t understand how this association happened to us. They actually voted for their union representation. Same with the FAs.

I’m hoping the association asks for self help.
Self help? You do know what self help is? We are released to go on our own. We just had a mechanic go off on his own. He took things to a unimaginable level that got him locked up in a federal jail. Self help is a long way down the road and I doubt we will be close enough to see that option. Self help? LOL

Since the NMB came out with new dates AAL stock has gone up around $5. I’m thinking a lot of investors are thinking negotiations are a done deal

Since the NMB came out with new dates AAL stock has gone up around $5. I’m thinking a lot of investors are thinking negotiations are a done deal

I’m not willing to bet there a done deal but as I said before I do believe the company would prefer to come out of these meetings with a TA for the very reason you say.
They need a positive news story to improve the stock.
Of course that may be a reason why the union doesn’t want one to further erode the stock price, I mean from all I’ve seen they continue to do exactly opposite of what we hope for and the rank and file want, at least most of us.
By next Friday we most defiantly will have a good idea where this is going

I’m not willing to bet there a done deal but as I said before I do believe the company would prefer to come out of these meetings with a TA for the very reason you say.
Of course that may be a reason why the union doesn’t want one to further erode the stock price, I mean from all I’ve seen they continue to do exactly opposite of what we hope for and the rank and file want, at least most of us.

Everyone is over analyzing the stock price.

Don't be surprised if the stock goes down when a deal comes about because it adds expense.

Everyone is over analyzing the stock price.

Don't be surprised if the stock goes down when a deal comes about because it adds expense.

I don’t necessarily agree. Stock prices don’t always reflect company expenditures.
Many times it can reflect stability within the employees.
If there is a deal struck with the groups with all the bad news for months about the tension with the unions, a deal can send a signal to wall street that things are improving and thus improves the market value

I doubt the unions care about the stock price. The problems of having 2 unions with different wants has been bad enough. They have not been up front with the membership with their positions with the negotiations, which leads people to think they are dysfunctional. Now that the court has become involved puts a different light on things. They are at a real risk of receiving severe financial punishment. Money is a big motivator. We'll see how this goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts