American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can assure you that before I would work for AAR I would take my capitalist ass somewhere else.

Is your primary source of income your investments? If not, you're not a Capitalist. Maybe a fan of the system, but that's it.

Been to hooters once and that’s because the high dollar hooker I was with wanted to say hi to her friends that worked there.

Atta boy!

I As far as liberal versus conservative would you actually vote for liberals like the "squad" .

I would.

No worries .. in todays hyper partisan environment it's easy to see what divides us instead of what we have in common

^THIS^

Maybe they don't have to do it in house.

Maybe they need to do it in house??

I can see that you have no understanding of the way the AA/TWU/TULSA cycle works.
Basically American showed up in Tulsa in the late 1940's I believe.
Tulsa and American has been open ever since, why would they close now
The TWU wants the work here and the company gets everything rather inexpensive.

I can see that you have no understanding of the way the AA/TWU/TULSA cycle works.
Basically American showed up in Tulsa in the late 1940's I believe.
Tulsa and American has been open ever since, why would they close now
The TWU wants the work here and the company gets everything rather inexpensive.

Are you saying a topped out unionized overhaul mechanic at AA is rather inexpensive?

Reactions: bigjets
Its too bad, the thread begins to lean into folks political views vs negotiations. And I'm not pointing the finger at you BJ, seems a few are getting into it.

Here..... Chew on this one a bit..

https://www.forbes.com/sites/tedree...ith-mechanics-and-fleet-workers/#247731eb5fb6
Great article thanks for sharing. It really seems all the same exact steps as we had in our nego's. Now the only differences are the fact that the company (AA) was granted a TRO and now moved to a perm. one with possible fines and restitution coming forth. The other huge factor that might help moving nego's forward is the fact that this complete moron just acted on his own to try to cause the airline to get him overtime.
I hope you guys get a T/A this time around. Just very leery of that happening at this first meeting.
BTW: Thanks for bringing it back on topic.

Reactions: bigjets
The other huge factor that might help moving nego's forward is the fact that this complete moron just acted on his own to try to cause the airline to get him overtime.

If his context of being financially strapped means he couldn't work OT because of the job action or pressure from other mechanics to not work, then there is a huge liability issue for the Association.

Remember, his actions took place in July and the airline was the one that got the FBI involved. If the statements from the mechanic pushes then towards the job action, oh boy.

No doubt A&P Mechanics as a profession would be much better off, have better career opportunities and advancement and be happier if they had never had unions, You guys are a highly skilled trained professional much like Engineers or Doctors and you don't need a union to divide, set up silos, protect the weak and kill almost all career and lifestyle related movement options.
i thought the delta mx are best benefits and best pay? Why would they want a union to stop them?

I read some of the comments on this thread and as far as politics, i made a great economic move to move to republican florida and leave the overtaxed armpit ord. The vast majority of smart democrats and independents like me are leaving the cesspool democratic chitholes and keeping thousands in our pocket.

If his context of being financially strapped means he couldn't work OT because of the job action or pressure from other mechanics to not work, then there is a huge liability issue for the Association.

Remember, his actions took place in July and the airline was the one that got the FBI involved. If the statements from the mechanic pushes then towards the job action, oh boy.
the association just put out a cryptic email devaluing the higher wage and bonus and upselling the pension.
Sounds as if the company may reallocate our extra cash into the iam pension unless we are forced to pay for Garcias botched slowdown. either way, a deal next week or at least a "great progress was made and just gotta do some touch up"

Reactions: Kev3188 and bigjets
the association just put out a cryptic email devaluing the higher wage and bonus and upselling the pension.
Sounds as if the company may reallocate our extra cash into the iam pension unless we are forced to pay for Garcias botched slowdown. either way, a deal next week or at least a "great progress was made and just gotta do some touch up"
Tim i dont think the company will go for that,but it does seem like they are trying to soften us up for something ...friggin union

Where can one fine this cryptic email? I remember the Association video response to the company's last offer, they illuded to the AMT pay topping SWA, and how that would have to be revisited.

Status
Not open for further replies.