American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
The association is protecting two things.
1) Union dues for self financial preservation.

2) The unborn.

Both go hand in hand.
You always fight for future issues that are not in the picture in future contracts. That's why contacts are only 3 to 5 years in duration. Then you negotiate what is currently affecting the operation and the existing workforce. Short term issues are at hand now with negotiations. I don't want to see jobs get outsourced but give and take the fight for another day or contract for the unborn. It's just greed from the union with no regards to the memberships needs. Plain and simple.

Last edited:
The Association wants more than just a tiny bit of a bend.

I'll go a step further, they wanted no outsourcing and at the same wanted to expand to get more work than what we currently have.

Those are on the opposite points of the spectrum.
somebody mentioned two bald guys fighting over a comb. just pure nonsense from both sides.

Reactions: CremaDiLimone
The association is protecting two things.
1) Union dues for self financial preservation.

2) The unborn.

Both go hand in hand.
You always fight for future issues that are not in the picture in future contracts. That's why contacts are only 3 to 5 years in duration. Then you negotiate what is currently affecting the operation and the existing workforce. Short term issues are at hand now with negotiations. I don't want to see jobs get outsourced but give and take the fight for another day or contract for the unborn. It's just greed from the union with no regards to the memberships needs. Plain and simple.
At least wait for a time you have some leverage, when ever that is cause it aint now

Just curious has anyone seen the actual dates for this weeks meetings?
All was said in the update more dates this week but no specifics

I also just noticed that the last sentence of the update says we are hopeful progress will be made then, meaning this week.
Almost saying none was made last week.
Hummmm

I also just noticed that the last sentence of the update says we are hopeful progress will be made then, meaning this week.
Almost saying none was made last week.
Hummmm
Maybe they didnt negotiate maybe it was dominated by the court case.Guaranteed thats the associations main concern right now

None of that should even be a part of these discussions it should outside contract talks so let’s hope not

Of course it is a subject of these talks. Just like AMFA and SWA discussed their legal issues in conjunction with a settled contract.

I'm sure the Company wants to keep them separate, especially with SWA getting a deal and now have the legal stuff to try and gain the ability to permanently restrict any job action.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts