American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I also just noticed that the last sentence of the update says we are hopeful progress will be made then, meaning this week.
Almost saying none was made last week.
Hummmm

There are meeting this upcoming week because the NMB saw enough progress and momentum to being everyone back without prior scheduling.

Reactions: swamt
I'm a little curious to what Association leverage you may be referring to as well. I do remember some IAM negotiators stating we would use it earlier on and look where we sit. Leverage, we must be waiting for that perfect, blind blowing, overwhelming moment to bring it out.

Haha. Nice! I like that.
And yes I do have your best interest in mind. As I do all the other fleet that I represent. Most believe that, but most of the dozen or so of fleet on here ( if that many ) do not. Nothing I can say to change that. So it is what it is.
But tell me? Have you ever met Sito? Why do you have a problem with him negotiating for fleet?
All you care about is your pay and your benefits but you screw us members with our pay and benefits. By your greed

Imo, the 3 thousand bonus they once published would now need to be more to make up for the raise that we missed last September.
You got your raise . Where is ours . 3000 is a slap in the face for all the money we have lost. You better get us the same percentage raise you got your self

I have to agree with you about our insurance, theres always room for improvement but over all when compared to most folks, its damn good insurance.
Laa insurance has covered my big cancer 5 surgeries half year in and out of hospitals my hip repair surgery my right foot 5 toe amputation. And all the medical supplies and in home nursing care it was all covered . Except for my out of picket till met then all out of pocket. The people at the hospitals and nurses have said our insurance covered more then most . It might cost more but it got me through my health issues. And I never had to fight them for coverage.

Laa insurance has covered my big cancer 5 surgeries half year in and out of hospitals my hip repair surgery my right foot 5 toe amputation. And all the medical supplies and in home nursing care it was all covered . Except for my out of picket till met then all out of pocket. The people at the hospitals and nurses have said our insurance covered more then most . It might cost more but it got me through my health issues. And I never had to fight them for coverage.

All my hospitalizations netted the same from staff and with billing. Yet my contract keeps getting held up by these arse holes.

The Association wants more than just a tiny bit of a bend.

I'll go a step further, they wanted no outsourcing and at the same wanted to expand to get more work than what we currently have.

Those are on the opposite points of the spectrum.

bank of america downgraded aal this morning; one reason - labor 'troubles'.

aa needs to close this up.

this is the pressure on the company, the investment banks will hold their feet to the fire. bank of america just happened to give southwest an upgrade, due to the 737-max return.

wait, aa also has 737-max....but, aa has 'labor troubles'.

let's wrap all this up this week.

The difference being SWA/AMFA and the current situation in LAA is that negotiation sessions were still scheduled during the legal issues.

The Association had to wait until New seasons wetter scheduled before trying to mitigate the damage. The sessions weren't scheduled until after the legal wrestling took its course.
Wow! Do I read this right? Are you saying the the legal issues, slow down, asso are all directly related? Careful what you say or type. You might get called by the co.

this is the pressure on the company, the investment banks will hold their feet to the fire. bank of america just happened to give southwest an upgrade, due to the 737-max return.

"Labor troubles," that's you're claim to pressure?

At the same time the Association claims the airline is stalling talks. Doesn't seem those "troubles" are causing any anxiety to the airline.

Didn't Parker say he wanted to compete with Spirit airlines a while back?
Misery loves misery. I guess that's how Parker and AmericaWest management roll.
https://www.thestreet.com/markets/s...a-spirit-and-american-are-downgraded-15100154

Wow! Do I read this right? Are you saying the the legal issues, slow down, asso are all directly related? Careful what you say or type. You might get called by the co.

They've already used Weaasles and Charlie Brown quotes to make that point in Court.

"Labor troubles," that's you're claim to pressure?

At the same time the Association claims the airline is stalling talks. Doesn't seem those "troubles" are causing any anxiety to the airline.

when investment banks start turning on you - including GE capital..which finances airlines, allowing them to borrow to buy airplanes...yes, that's pressure.

as far as anxiety, we'll find out this week who's more anxious. someone bent a bit last week, we'll find out who bent.

Status
Not open for further replies.