American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Word on the street is Doug Parker is back in rehab....if true that should seal his fate and send him walking...with millions in his pocket of course.

Word on the street is Doug Parker is back in rehab....if true that should seal his fate and send him walking...with millions in his pocket of course.
Man you just gotta love the "rumors". I would think that if as you say, "word on the street" meaning it has started to spread possibly at AA, wouldn't ya think the media would be all over this. This would be all over the news media if true with all the negativity lately with AA. Trust me, the media has all radars on American Airlines right now due to the Max's, contract talks, the delays and cancellations etc... Pretty sure AA would also keep this extremely quiet and not release anything until it would be 100% on their terms of release. But yes, if this comes to be true it will more than likely be the final straw for him in his position. But i will jump on the "rumor" bandwagon at this point. It would be the quickest way to get him out though. I would also be willing to bet the BOD has it in writing that he no longer drives himself either since the last fiasco with him.

So its business as usual for the association.
Screw the membership.
Yup.
Looking at the recent updates after the last 4 meetings is the perfect example. It really does look as if all they did was copy, paste, and change the dates for the last 2 months of nego's. Sad indeed. I supply the last 2 months of updates with the last 3 simply changes the dates only. Pretty sure you guys will get the same update after this next week.

Negotiations Update
October 18, 2019
0 Comments

Negotiations continued in Washington, DC this week. Some progress continues to be made and the negotiating committees were briefed. Your Executive Negotiators remain committed to achieving the best contract in the industry.

Additional dates are scheduled for next week. We are hopeful progress continues and increases at the next meeting.

Please Post on All TWU- IAM Bulletin Boards

PDF version: Association-Bulletin-10/18/19Download
Share this:

Negotiations Update
October 11, 2019
0 Comments

Negotiations continued in Washington, DC this week. Some progress continues to be made and the negotiating committees were briefed. Your Executive Negotiators remain committed to achieving the best contract in the industry.

Additional dates are scheduled for next week. We are hopeful progress continues and increases at the next meeting.

PDF version: Association Bulletin-10/11/19Download
Share this:

Negotiations Update
September 27, 2019
0 Comments

Negotiations continued at the National Mediation Board offices in Washington, DC this week. Some progress on issues other than Scope, Retirement, Healthcare and Wages was made. Your Executive Negotiators remain committed to achieving the best contract in the industry.

The Mediators scheduled additional dates at the Mediation Board offices October 8 through October 10. We are hopeful progress continues and increases at the next meeting.

PDF version: Association-Bulletin-9/27/19Download
Share this:

Negotiations Update
September 20, 2019
0 Comments

Federally-mediated negotiations between the TWU-IAM Association and American Airlines continued this week in Washington, D.C. At the request of the NMB, the parties have agreed to keep details of our discussions confidential.

The National Mediation Board scheduled negotiations to continue next week in Washington, and we are hopeful that progress is made then.

PDF version: Association-Bulletin-9/20/19Download
Share this:

Now, allow me to assist for the next update after this week's nego's:

Negotiations Update
October 25, 2019 <<<<
0 Comments

"That was easy!"

PDF version: Association-Bulletin-10/18/19Download

You really have to wonder why the proposal was removed from jetnet. The way things are being handled only increases the mistrust of both the company and the Association. You would be hard pressed to find anyone who trusted them.

To avoid confusion when other information replaces it. Also there were some sharing some of the proposals like they were currently agreed to.

Do really expect them to inform you that the contract is done but they have to wait until vacation picks and medical enrollment is complete (Nov 3rd)??

Its real simple the new contract makes modifications to both Vacation and Medical.

Changing those in the middle of enrollment would have caused a No Vote

We will see and vote after medical enrollment closes. Anybody that has watched the industrial union’s for 30 years should be able to see exactly what’s going on here

Do really expect them to inform you that the contract is done but they have to wait until vacation picks and medical enrollment is complete (Nov 3rd)??

Its real simple the new contract makes modifications to both Vacation and Medical.

Changing those in the middle of enrollment would have caused a No Vote

We will see and vote after medical enrollment closes. Anybody that has watched the industrial union’s for 30 years should be able to see exactly what’s going on here

Prob a lot truth here

Reactions: swamt

I guess we will find out Thursday. This sounds like mindless union rumors. Btw was he ever in rehab before to go back too?

Tim, any updates on the IAMNPF rehab plan? The plan is moving to brand new state-of-the-art offices in a posh brand new DC building:

http://www.99mstreetse.com/

https://www.bisnow.com/washington-dc/news/office/skanska-lands-2-floor-office-tenant-at-99-m-spec-project-86916#

Looks like they are even closing for two full working days to facilitate the move (and presumably giving the employees the day off)

The IAM Benefit Funds Office will be temporarily closed on Friday, October 18 and Monday, October 21 as we are moving to a new location. We will be open normal business hours again beginning October 22. Effective October 21, 2019, all mail should be sent to the new address below:

IAM National Benefit Funds Office

99 M St. S.E., Suite 600

Washington, D.C. 20003-3799

Josh

Tim, any updates on the IAMNPF rehab plan? The plan is moving to brand new state-of-the-art offices in a posh brand new DC building:

http://www.99mstreetse.com/

https://www.bisnow.com/washington-dc/news/office/skanska-lands-2-floor-office-tenant-at-99-m-spec-project-86916#

Looks like they are even closing for two full working days to facilitate the move (and presumably giving the employees the day off)

The IAM Benefit Funds Office will be temporarily closed on Friday, October 18 and Monday, October 21 as we are moving to a new location. We will be open normal business hours again beginning October 22. Effective October 21, 2019, all mail should be sent to the new address below:

IAM National Benefit Funds Office

99 M St. S.E., Suite 600

Washington, D.C. 20003-3799

Josh
wow. after we all got hosed a 3rd time.

I said before, we will be issued a contract by Christmas. I spoke with TWU technicians and they said the majority of technicians could care less about the medical. TWU looks to benefit the most from this contract. More holiday, vacation and maintain their current medical. I for one will lose my medical, pension and insurance will cost me $3.50 an hour. As far as I am concerned, sign the contract now! I am loosing money everyday

I said before, we will be issued a contract by Christmas. I spoke with TWU technicians and they said the majority of technicians could care less about the medical. TWU looks to benefit the most from this contract. More holiday, vacation and maintain their current medical. I for one will lose my medical, pension and insurance will cost me $3.50 an hour. As far as I am concerned, sign the contract now! I am loosing money everyday
Says he, says she, says they, sources reported, reports coming in, chances are and so on and so on.
Amazing with the hush up order from the NMB there seems to be plenty of information (speculation)
going around this forum.

All this secrecy is BS! The contract is done. Both International are going to receive money from AA to push the companies shitty contract down our throats!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.