American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Discussion in 'American Airlines' started by Buck, Mar 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swamt

swamt Veteran

So, if I read this correct there has been no T/A'd articles since they resumed mediated talks. The T/A part will not come until everything has been agreed to as far as an AIP and then a T/A.
    Your guesses on a T/A keep falling further and further back. Now that they are on the 4 biggest issues at hand in this contract for several different groups. They took 5 weeks (5 sessions) and still have not, or rather, just started talks about the 4 biggies, scope, insurance, retirement and medical and they have said they are at odds with a couple of groups still. So, what makes anyone think their nego's on the 4 biggies will get done in 5 weeks? No way. What was discussed (and not T/A'd) in the last 5 sessions?? And remember, as it states in the update, things are still fluid throughout the contract, if something changes in the 4 biggie areas could be subject to change other agreements in past talks and therefore more nego's would be required on those other subjects being affected.
    With the holidays steadily approaching, I don't see this being done before T-day and therefore I also don't see you fellas voting on anything before X-mas. Maybe next year sometime in 2020 which some on here have been saying for some time. It is now weeks and weeks past when you guessed or were told by the handlers and it's way passed timmy's timeframe as well.
    On a third note: A very lame-lame update again. Only supply the subject of talks is not an update. And as the update indicated that the progress is not as much as they hoped it would have been causing more delays into the end of the year and maybe next year.
    They still leave themselves open for more and more rumors and misinformation spreading like wild fires to cause the division and no unity that the co. loves and the asso. agrees to with the co.
    I sure hope you guys get rid of this asso. after this contract is done. If not, you will experience the exact same thing with the next one. Too many different groups in the same contract. Mechanics need to get on their own with a C&C mechanics union...

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. swamt

swamt Veteran

That was funny. Just more blow hard and no details, sad but true.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. Phoenix757767

Phoenix757767 Advanced

They just didn’t get to the big issues, it’s been discussed since tali’s reconvened

• Funny Funny x 2
  4. swamt

swamt Veteran

I believe that is exactly what I said above.

5. robbedagain

robbedagain Veteran

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. dfw gen

dfw gen Veteran

Just how long is that pipeline again?

7. Duke787

Duke787 Veteran

Positive news from the update, a little discerning that they waited 4 years for scope and insurance though, but it won’t be bad with all the retro we will get.

Otherwise what is the point of having 2 unions negotiating a contract for you. I refuse to believe the unions were just concerned about their dues. The foolish mechanics with just one union received retro and a I believe a signing bonus. We should come out real good then.

That’s 2 unions guys!!!!!!

• Winner Winner x 2
  8. ALUS78

ALUS78 Veteran

In a nutshell

9. Kev3188

Kev3188 Veteran

These updates are f--king weak. You all deserve better.

• Winner Winner x 3
  10. Kev3188

Kev3188 Veteran

On Twitter earlier today:

upload_2019-10-25_15-16-5.png

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. Talos

Talos Senior

The new technology they are using is not helping things at all. Had some bad weather in Dallas and some cancelled flights. A couple of gate agents were telling us as we got off that the new system mgmt has implemented forbids them to change a passengers flight without having to cancel the previous ticket and making an entire new entry. They were really unhappy with the new system and considered it a huge step backwards. It just seems everything mgmt has done has made things worse. As for number of employees, it would help if mgmt knew how to properly utilize them instead of making it harder to do the job.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  12. V.O. Reason

V.O. Reason Senior

I agree this is how this seems from the update but it’s also possible it’s just union posturing to make themselves look liked they worked hard and squeezed the company to get an acceptable agreement.
    I can’t see the company and I hope the union wanting to go into the holidays without an agreement
    I see a vote by mid December

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Rogallo

Rogallo Veteran

Carnac.png

• Funny Funny x 4
  14. ALUS78

ALUS78 Veteran

I dont know from the update they are just starting to negotiate the very points that they couldnt come to an agreement with last time talks broke off.On the other hand last time the union didnt have a 100 million dollar threat looming

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. AA-MRO.COM

AA-MRO.COM Senior

Maybe the Company wants a done deal with the mechanics now that the pilots are in pre- negotiations. If the pilots are not happy and we dont have a contract we may get double secret probation....

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.