American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Positive news from the update, a little discerning that they waited 4 years for scope and insurance though, but it won’t be bad with all the retro we will get.

Otherwise what is the point of having 2 unions negotiating a contract for you. I refuse to believe the unions were just concerned about their dues. The foolish mechanics with just one union received retro and a I believe a signing bonus. We should come out real good then.

That’s 2 unions guys!!!!!!

According to each airline:

Delta has over 800 planes and over 80,000 employees. (about 100 per plane)

United has 783 planes and 88,000 employees (about 112 per plane)

American has 952 planes and 113,000 employees. (about 119 per plane)

If we had the same ratio as the darling of the industry, there would be 20,000 less employees. That would fix some of the profit difference. Is that really the argument we should be making?

Don't think so, because it actually helps LAA with their argument of outsourcing more. It helps their argument as to why profits lag that of DL. C'mon people.
In a nutshell

According to each airline:

Delta has over 800 planes and over 80,000 employees. (about 100 per plane)

United has 783 planes and 88,000 employees (about 112 per plane)

American has 952 planes and 113,000 employees. (about 119 per plane)

If we had the same ratio as the darling of the industry, there would be 20,000 less employees. That would fix some of the profit difference. Is that really the argument we should be making?

Don't think so, because it actually helps LAA with their argument of outsourcing more. It helps their argument as to why profits lag that of DL. C'mon people.

On Twitter earlier today:

upload_2019-10-25_15-16-5.png

NYer -

delta and united are both publicly traded companies and they also seem to be about maximizing profits - but also rewarding their employees to the best of their abilities.

is that what aa is all about?

yesterday, here's what an analyst asked our CFO:

that's an analyst for an investment bank asking, not me. he asked if aa will step up in regards to wages. he didn't say, "gee, you guys have more employees, so, you should pay them less". he asked and parker 'answered'. parker can't blame boeing for that.

as far as the rest, i don't understand your point. either as an employee or as a shareholder, i have every right to educate myself about the company i work for and am invested in.

if you were a negotiator, i'd expect you to be right there.

you're claiming it's not important...yet, you're astonished as to why the assoc. isn't fighting it's corner in regards to 'the slowdown' with aa's operational and procedural failures as proof of systemic problems, not an actual work slowdown.
The new technology they are using is not helping things at all. Had some bad weather in Dallas and some cancelled flights. A couple of gate agents were telling us as we got off that the new system mgmt has implemented forbids them to change a passengers flight without having to cancel the previous ticket and making an entire new entry. They were really unhappy with the new system and considered it a huge step backwards. It just seems everything mgmt has done has made things worse. As for number of employees, it would help if mgmt knew how to properly utilize them instead of making it harder to do the job.

So, if I read this correct there has been no T/A'd articles since they resumed mediated talks. The T/A part will not come until everything has been agreed to as far as an AIP and then a T/A.
Your guesses on a T/A keep falling further and further back. Now that they are on the 4 biggest issues at hand in this contract for several different groups. They took 5 weeks (5 sessions) and still have not, or rather, just started talks about the 4 biggies, scope, insurance, retirement and medical and they have said they are at odds with a couple of groups still. So, what makes anyone think their nego's on the 4 biggies will get done in 5 weeks? No way. What was discussed (and not T/A'd) in the last 5 sessions?? And remember, as it states in the update, things are still fluid throughout the contract, if something changes in the 4 biggie areas could be subject to change other agreements in past talks and therefore more nego's would be required on those other subjects being affected.
With the holidays steadily approaching, I don't see this being done before T-day and therefore I also don't see you fellas voting on anything before X-mas. Maybe next year sometime in 2020 which some on here have been saying for some time. It is now weeks and weeks past when you guessed or were told by the handlers and it's way passed timmy's timeframe as well.
On a third note: A very lame-lame update again. Only supply the subject of talks is not an update. And as the update indicated that the progress is not as much as they hoped it would have been causing more delays into the end of the year and maybe next year.
They still leave themselves open for more and more rumors and misinformation spreading like wild fires to cause the division and no unity that the co. loves and the asso. agrees to with the co.
I sure hope you guys get rid of this asso. after this contract is done. If not, you will experience the exact same thing with the next one. Too many different groups in the same contract. Mechanics need to get on their own with a C&C mechanics union...

I agree this is how this seems from the update but it’s also possible it’s just union posturing to make themselves look liked they worked hard and squeezed the company to get an acceptable agreement.
I can’t see the company and I hope the union wanting to go into the holidays without an agreement
I see a vote by mid December

I agree this is how this seems from the update but it’s also possible it’s just union posturing to make themselves look liked they worked hard and squeezed the company to get an acceptable agreement.
I can’t see the company and I hope the union wanting to go into the holidays without an agreement
I see a vote by mid December
I dont know from the update they are just starting to negotiate the very points that they couldnt come to an agreement with last time talks broke off.On the other hand last time the union didnt have a 100 million dollar threat looming

Maybe the Company wants a done deal with the mechanics now that the pilots are in pre- negotiations. If the pilots are not happy and we dont have a contract we may get double secret probation....

even parker stiffed the shareholders & analysts on news about a contract.

Turning now to our second main challenge, the TWU/IAM contract. We've seen significant improvements in our operational reliability as our negotiations have resumed.

We've been on mediated talks through the National Mediation Board since early September. Those are our first talks since April, and both parties have agreed not to discuss the content of those talks publicly at the request of NMB.

if the assoc. agreed not to discuss content..then, i can handle the lack of info. looks like the company is keeping it's word on this agreement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts