American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
The new technology they are using is not helping things at all. Had some bad weather in Dallas and some cancelled flights. A couple of gate agents were telling us as we got off that the new system mgmt has implemented forbids them to change a passengers flight without having to cancel the previous ticket and making an entire new entry. They were really unhappy with the new system and considered it a huge step backwards. It just seems everything mgmt has done has made things worse. As for number of employees, it would help if mgmt knew how to properly utilize them instead of making it harder to do the job.

i believe they need to reboot everything. from telling us we were chocking the planes incorrectly to new language for pushes (not a cockpit, but a flight deck) and pushing crappy Qik and removing sabre.

will they next say that charles lindberg flew mail for america west in 1929?

Exactly. And paying .07 per gallon is huge. With 968 million gallons at .07 equals a whopping 67,760,00 just in the cost difference with fuel that affects the profit numbers right off the top. Where else could AA find more scenergies to save at? Could save hundreds of millions if they worked harder at it just like Delta and United did after their mergers and even SWA and now Alaska in the hundreds of millions in scenergies after mergers. The fact is AA could do better, the problem is they are not.

good stuff..

united paid .01 cent less for every gallon than aa.

the RJ fuel situation is much worse...i'm guessing logistics. getting jet fuel to wausau wisconsin is costly and we know how much aa has increased RJ flying.

dfw flying. can't think of a better place for having your largest hub in a state with oil, shale, refineries and infrastructure.

i guess not.

Reactions: swamt
even parker stiffed the shareholders & analysts on news about a contract.

if the assoc. agreed not to discuss content..then, i can handle the lack of info. looks like the company is keeping it's word on this agreement.
Keeping their word would mean Delta plus 7% as promised originally by Parker. With Delta right at 53 now and us at 54.50 (day shift no shift prems) Delta plus 7% would put the AA mechs at 56.71 give or take. So I too hope the co. keeps their word, we will see.

even parker stiffed the shareholders & analysts on news about a contract.

if the assoc. agreed not to discuss content..then, i can handle the lack of info. looks like the company is keeping it's word on this agreement.
I would rather hear nothing then some BS rhetoric

Keeping their word would mean Delta plus 7% as promised originally by Parker. With Delta right at 53 now and us at 54.50 (day shift no shift prems) Delta plus 7% would put the AA mechs at 56.71 give or take. So I too hope the co. keeps their word, we will see.
can't speak for MX but the word is out that the union moved Parker off of his prior "Delta + 3%" structure, as represented in the jetnet proposal to help subsidize MX and a few more fleet stations. Instead of fleet getting $33.28, the number will be significantly less. In the meantime, MX will continue to get southwest wages, which is better than Delta + 3%. Once again, fleet subsidizing MX.

can't speak for MX but the word is out that the union moved Parker off of his prior "Delta + 3%" structure, as represented in the jetnet proposal to help subsidize MX and a few more fleet stations. Instead of fleet getting $33.28, the number will be significantly less. In the meantime, MX will continue to get southwest wages, which is better than Delta + 3%. Once again, fleet subsidizing MX.

You guys really need your own union, this isn't fair. Lol

Until something is posted officially, it's all just rumors.

I heard the bonus was gonna be $250.00 for each year of service for A/C Maint.

Sources say,,,,,
I heard that.....
Someone in the know said.....
Strong rumors coming from.....
My contacts on the inside say.....

Now that's funny. Fleet subsidizing Maint. C'mon Man.
Wrong. Southwest wages are NOT better than Delta plus 3%. SWA at 54.45-54.50 (day shift no prems) and Delta 53.00 add 3% = 54.59. Now where I went to school 54.59 is greater than 54.45. If this fiasco asso. was any kind of a union they would hold Parker to the D+7% which would put them around 56.50 or greater.
No offense, but I could care less what fleet does or does not end up with. Mx has been subsidizing fleet and all the other groups within this asso. over the past years simply because there are more of fleet and others than there is in Mx. therefore this asso always leans towards favoring the majority which will NEVER be Mx until they get their own C&C union to represent just the mechanics. Until then they will continue to get hosed by the majority within this asso. PERIOD!

Not sure why some refuse to pay attention.

The Delta plus 7% came when they gave the flight attendants and pilots that extra 4%.

We were to get the Delta +3% and the 4% on top, to equal the 7%.

The raise in 2016 incorporated the 4% the other groups received when everyone for 20+% raises.

That won't fly.

I doubt it went that way. Assuming it was more like what would it take to get more stations? And that started a "what if" conversation.

Timmy's at it again. How long was that pipeline again?
586d75e84f6c746f1a11f1043ce84c2d.jpg

I’m sure there will be things on both sides maint and fleet won’t like and some they do but until we see an actual agreement nothing is set,
I just hope we see something soon I don’t want this to go past the holidays

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts