American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
this is wrong the company lowered the ask after the apa voted the agreement down. we do not need any alternative facts

I was there. It was directly because of the value created by the Merger. It is also what created the possibility of the Equity being able to compensate the Creditors to such a high degree.

Judge Lane ruled to allow AMR to abrogate the APA CBA and you believe that created leverage for the APA to lower the ask? C'mon now.

What in the world are you talking about???
The company is not compelled to settle. The exact opposite has happened. It wont drop the suit because it dont want the same bs with the pilots and stews. Makes no sense to roll over.
The negotiation committee just informed us today what i told you guys last week, ie., company took items off the table. Now the current offer is only worth $100 million for fleet, yearly, instead of the jetnet offer of $120 million.
Its getting worse. I told you but you didnt listen.

i didn't say the company is compelled to settle.

it's called, good-will, making things right with your team members. the company has more than a card to play.

i believe they'll attempt to use the artificial court leverage to win a comprehensive victory on scope and (in their minds) secure 'normal' operations over the holidays.

artificial to me, as corporate america has ghostwritten labor law.

as far as the pilots and FAs, the company has the same levers to pull if they believe the pilots and FAs sabotage the operation. as if, the pilots and FAs will be tamed by what is going on with fleet & maintenance?? i believe the company will take care of those groups, unlike our groups.

as we have already heard, the delta profit sharing formula is on the table for them and that makes them very happy.

i didn't say the company is compelled to settle.

it's called, good-will, making things right with your team members. the company has more than a card to play.

i believe they'll attempt to use the artificial court leverage to win a comprehensive victory on scope and (in their minds) secure 'normal' operations over the holidays.

artificial to me, as corporate america has ghostwritten labor law.

as far as the pilots and FAs, the company has the same levers to pull if they believe the pilots and FAs sabotage the operation. as if, the pilots and FAs will be tamed by what is going on with fleet & maintenance?? i believe the company will take care of those groups, unlike our groups.

as we have already heard, the delta profit sharing formula is on the table for them and that makes them very happy.
I think the jetnet proposal was extremely good will, but then the botched slowdown and guess who will pay for it?

It's fascinating to me how "money" to other groups is always portrayed as a victory but we never talk about what they had to give up.

At the same time, when they throw money at us we often look towards what we had to give up to get it.

Fascinating dynamics.

Tim how do you know the proposal is 20 million less?
The Blue Fairy at the bottom of the garden told me that the displacement protections were removed by the company because the union gave it zero value, thus the company didnt get any value for that $14 million per year value. The $6,000 was stripped down to $3,000.
The wages had less than the D3 value. A few other items were removed. I reported this last week but nobody seemed to care that less is on the table as a direct result of the union rejecting the jetnet proposal.
Myself and others also warned that any botched slowdown would produce negative leverage, and it has.
Im not in the room so my info is hearsay and not firsthand but the negotiation committee had their gag order lifted and just confirmed what i posted last week. Specifically the nc said that the jetnet proposal was pulled off the net because the company pulled several items. Thats firsthand news and unfortunately it lined up.
Where it didnt line up was the reason why. I was told the union wanted some of these things cut to enhance union matters.

Screenshot_20191107-100016.png

no, i think the assoc. lumped that and the iam catering loss is baked in the cake.

the company is getting lus on laa insurance, will be able to outsource AMT work at a higher %, is getting rid of catering, appears to be getting rid of laa c/c language...and the company balked at giving fleet an additional week vc.

now, the story here is that twu title 2 will be phased out. title 2 are ramp shop/GSE and facility maintenance, i believe.

the company appears super confident in having the pep-boys fix broken loaders on airplanes or fixing jet bridges in sub-zero weather.
I see and understand.
When I asked about catering I was going to ask about ramp as well as both were being talked about before being chopped. I did not know that ramp was title 2. So fleet jobs are going away, not like some on here are saying that no fleet concessions huh?
It is just unbelievable how badly they want to spread the misinformation.

I was there. It was directly because of the value created by the Merger. It is also what created the possibility of the Equity being able to compensate the Creditors to such a high degree.

Judge Lane ruled to allow AMR to abrogate the APA CBA and you believe that created leverage for the APA to lower the ask? C'mon now.
Why don't you try and take that rhetoric over to the Pilots thread and see how far you get. It's fact that the Pilots did better by voting NO on the first offer, plain and simple.

Why don't you try and take that rhetoric over to the Pilots thread and see how far you get. It's fact that the Pilots did better by voting NO on the first offer, plain and simple.

Dude. We ALL had to cut 17% from our contracts.

The merger, not the pilots, helped the original 20% to become 17% in cuts.

I see and understand.
When I asked about catering I was going to ask about ramp as well as both were being talked about before being chopped. I did not know that ramp was title 2. So fleet jobs are going away, not like some on here are saying that no fleet concessions huh?
It is just unbelievable how badly they want to spread the misinformation.
Lus catering..the writing been on the wall for years. There'll be concessions. The question is. How much of concessions. For fleet such as myself im not betting on much improvement. Esp since i was told by one of our local union rep that for example buyout. Company wld have restrictions n not all cities wld be offered it as theres a few folks who wld jump at that. Furthermore buyout wld not be by seniority. Thats just from our local rep.

Reactions: swamt
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts