American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this was true and Parker and boys were worried this would have done months ago.
They don’t give a crap about us and the association is helping them right along
I agree with you that the Association has helped Parker and Isom and crew. But I gree with Crema that Parker and Isom are under a lot of pressure. They have done a poor job merging the 2 airlines. Saying the AMT guys slowed things down to cover their bad operation with very weak fight from the Association is one thing. Buying back obscene amounts of stock and then having the stock price plummet is another. No real accomplishments at all, besides paying themselves a ton of money. I think wealthy investors and institutional investors have had about enough. One more bad quarter with no resolutions to these things could be it for Parker. Frankly, everything points to his and Isoms removal. Add the Associations dysfunctional ways in here and here we are looking on in disbelief at how messed up it all is.

Reactions: swamt and dfw gen
I agree with you that the Association has helped Parker and Isom and crew. But I gree with Crema that Parker and Isom are under a lot of pressure. They have done a poor job merging the 2 airlines. Saying the AMT guys slowed things down to cover their bad operation with very weak fight from the Association is one thing. Buying back obscene amounts of stock and then having the stock price plummet is another. No real accomplishments at all, besides paying themselves a ton of money. I think wealthy investors and institutional investors have had about enough. One more bad quarter with no resolutions to these things could be it for Parker. Frankly, everything points to his and Isoms removal. Add the Associations dysfunctional ways in here and here we are looking on in disbelief at how messed up it all is.
One could only hope

Its a right hand left hand thing no one knows whats going on.

They found it necessary to add: "After the carrier wasted the entire summer refusing to negotiate with the Association, any movement is a positive sign."

They needed a shiny object to divert attention from themselves.

Reactions: AANOTOK
The most important update was that AMFA officially signed on to the mechanics attempt to secure collective bargaining. It ordered 25,000 a-cards yesterday that are specific to American AIrline Mechanics. The previous cards floating around in MIA weren't part of this specific batch.

I'm not sure when AMFA will actually put the new cards out but once it does, I doubt 2 months pass before AMFA secures the sufficient support. Not having a collective bargaining agent sucks, so I fully support the mechanics on this initiative to attain collective bargaining.

Peterson chose the wrong path and will be kicked up to management where he belongs once the TWU lays him and other staffers off.

Hopefully, Fleet isn't far behind.
we need 200 in IOC

If this was true and Parker and boys were worried this would have done months ago.
They don’t give a crap about us and the association is helping them right along

being stingy took them down this path. yes, they are worried - parker said "the status quo is not an option". he opened the last earnings call with that statement, some 3 weeks ago.

whom is he talking to? why is he saying that?

if they weren't worried, he never would have said that.

as far as the rest, you win the prize. yeah, it looks like parker doesn't give a crap about us.

you're the guy that wants this contract tailored-made for yourself. you say this is your last contract. i remember you - you don't want retro, only something to vote on. you're a us air guy who has gotten more holidays at a higher rate of holiday pay since 2014 and you have also being paying less for insurance.

personally, i think you hit the lottery with this merger, you have benefited more from this merger and you b!tch about anyone at odds with the special contract you believe you deserve, all for yourself.

wtf else you want?

if it wasn't for the shale/fracker people...they'd already be gone. i don't have the numbers to break it down/quantify, but over $20 billion in profit since 2014..maybe 30%-40% of that is due to cheaper oil/jet fuel. when delta's fuel hedges expired, they blew us away. equal playing field, no competition.

really too bad that vintage aa people couldn't run this airline, post-merger, in this economy with these low oil prices. delta is cleaning up big-time with premium pax, a legacy aa forte.

when wall street analysts ask a CEO if paying his employees "a step up" might see the CEO's company compete with the lesser company...what does that tell you?

Reactions: swamt
I told you timmy. BTS efforts are being accomplished.
Now watch how different the updates get as well as the pick up in rumors about how much progress is starting to happen. It always happens when AMFA shows up. Right along with all the lies, misinformation and confusion to keep the membership confused or not signing a card. Only 25,000 timmy? You sure it wasn't 35,000?? Usually you wanna triple the membership numbers to start with.
I will say one thing. If it doesn't get done this time AMFA will move on to other airlines and mechanics. With the recent move by Horizon firing the teamsters, the card drive at United SFO started with AMFA, this might be the new year (2020) to get you guys in.
Now here's the last two updates watch how different they start getting when the asso. sees the AMFA drive kicking off real strong, they do it every time, so be aware.

Sisters and Brothers,

The Association’s Executive Negotiating Committee met this week in Washington, D.C. with members of the National Mediation Board and representatives from the carrier.

Limited progress was made this week, and that is encouraging. After the carrier wasted the entire summer refusing to negotiate with the Association, any movement is a positive sign.

Our goal is not simply to reach an agreement with the company. Our goal is to reach the right agreement for Association members. We need to ensure any agreement provides the wages, benefits and terms that you have earned and deserve. That is why your continued patience and solidarity is so important.

Future negotiation dates are currently being discussed with American and the NMB.

Please Post on All TWU- IAM Bulletin Boards

Association-Bulletin-11/16/19Download
Share this:

Negotiations Update
November 1, 2019
0 Comments

Negotiations continued in Washington, D.C. this week, with little movement from the company being made towards completed tentative agreements. In light of the unfortunate lack of progress, the Executive Committee is considering next steps and an appropriate response.

Please Post on All TWU- IAM Bulletin Boards

You can even see a slight change from the 1st to the 16th updates already. They are starting to claim little progress is better than no progress as before. You posted this at 7am before the IAM posted their update, so believe me they got word about the AMFA cards before you did. Someone more than likely received an emergency phone call yesterday or last night so they quickly through out an update on a Sat. to start spreading that progress has started. They always do this crap when AMFA shows up. Let the games begin...
Its too late. Instead of "The executive committee met..." bullcrap, the new and exciting updates will be coming with amfa updates.
I know mechanics have tried before but there isnt much support for the association.
The problem is that the twu and iam already know that and have discussed recertifications with the TWU taking the mechanics, and the IAM taking fleet. The recertifications will place a 2 year bar on any amfa drive.

if it wasn't for the shale/fracker people...they'd already be gone. i don't have the numbers to break it down/quantify, but over $20 billion in profit since 2014..maybe 30%-40% of that is due to cheaper oil/jet fuel. when delta's fuel hedges expired, they blew us away. equal playing field, no competition.

really too bad that vintage aa people couldn't run this airline, post-merger, in this economy with these low oil prices. delta is cleaning up big-time with premium pax, a legacy aa forte.

when wall street analysts ask a CEO if paying his employees "a step up" might see the CEO's company compete with the lesser company...what does that tell you?

Which vintage AA people? The ones that took us into BK or the ones that started this concessionary negotiating in the 80's?

Its too late. Instead of "The executive committee met..." bullcrap, the new and exciting updates will be coming with amfa updates.
I know mechanics have tried before but there isnt much support for the association.
The problem is that the twu and iam already know that and have discussed recertifications with the TWU taking the mechanics, and the IAM taking fleet. The recertifications will place a 2 year bar on any amfa drive.
i have problems with this but getting rid of the IAM would be great. The TWU has issues but the IAM makes the TWU look good. I would still prefer AMFA but anything to get away from the IAM.

Reactions: swamt
being stingy took them down this path. yes, they are worried - parker said "the status quo is not an option". he opened the last earnings call with that statement, some 3 weeks ago.

whom is he talking to? why is he saying that?

if they weren't worried, he never would have said that.

as far as the rest, you win the prize. yeah, it looks like parker doesn't give a crap about us.

you're the guy that wants this contract tailored-made for yourself. you say this is your last contract. i remember you - you don't want retro, only something to vote on. you're a us air guy who has gotten more holidays at a higher rate of holiday pay since 2014 and you have also being paying less for insurance.

personally, i think you hit the lottery with this merger, you have benefited more from this merger and you b!tch about anyone at odds with the special contract you believe you deserve, all for yourself.

wtf else you want?

First off I did work for US but now it AA, I don’t play the divide and conquer game. We should all benefit from a new deal
Also we don’t have more holidays I believe TWU has more but yes our pay rate on holidays is higher
However we are missing out on 401 match which would be way better that the sorry pension, a pay raise that should be no less than 3 percent and I personally don’t give a damn for PS I would much rather have a higher pay rate with better contractual raises, that would help all offset higher insurance.
But all I’ve seen is this BS fight over future dues members while those of us who still work here for maybe another 10 or so years are missing out on building our retirement.
The future members will be there the company isn’t just going to stop hiring attrition always takes care of that.
So yeah before it’s too late I want to enjoy the fruits of my 35 years of labor.
Call me selfish or whatever but I’m sick of this BS it’s time to let us vote

Which vintage AA people? The ones that took us into BK or the ones that started this concessionary negotiating in the 80's?

really? i believe you are just argumentative.

the ones that saw aa earn so much that aa didn't file for bk until they couldn't match the lower fares of airlines that had terminated their pensions years earlier, like us air (twice), the nw, the dl, the ua, the continentals (twice)..saw eastern and twa vanish. aa also had to deal with $140+ oil ($170+ in today's money) in the late 2000s and still didn't file until 2011.

give me crandall and baker and we'd see more profits and accountability, which would drastically improve the rag-tag operation of today.

concessionary negotiating? no shale oil revolution that lowered the airlines' #2 cost until 2010s.

Also we don’t have more holidays I believe TWU has more but yes our pay rate on holidays is higher

no, i think you guys get 10 from your 2014 stand-alone deal. twu only gets 5. this disparity has been going on since 2014? how many holidays?

yes, we only get 1 1/2 for holiday pay due to 2011 bk contract that the twu is still working under.

i'm the one that should want to vote on anything, not you. i'll wait, because we've been hurt in bad times and now in boom times, the company is insulting all of us.

But all I’ve seen is this BS fight over future dues members while those of us who still work here for maybe another 10 or so years are missing out on building our retirement.
The future members will be there the company isn’t just going to stop hiring attrition always takes care of that.

i agree with you 100%. the A-B-C scales worked for the company and those already at aa. in 1983 and 1989, who gave a sh!t about the finances of a 1998 new hire? those guys would eventually make money too.

the new generation will make money over the years, cheap oil just about guarantees that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts