American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
really? i believe you are just argumentative.

the ones that saw aa earn so much that aa didn't file for bk until they couldn't match the lower fares of airlines that had terminated their pensions years earlier, like us air (twice), the nw, the dl, the ua, the continentals (twice)..saw eastern and twa vanish. aa also had to deal with $140+ oil ($170+ in today's money) in the late 2000s and still didn't file until 2011.

give me crandall and baker and we'd see more profits and accountability, which would drastically improve the rag-tag operation of today.

concessionary negotiating? no shale oil revolution that lowered the airlines' #2 cost until 2010s.

AA have never made the profits they're making today, whether fuel was $20 a barrel or $150 a barrel. Prior to recent history the airline made $1B once prior to 2012.

Crandall was the architect or more Union busting tactic than all there CEO's combined. That's just a ridiculous person to turn to when arguing about labor being strung along and marginalized. Good grief. Crandall? He brought A&B pay scales, he insourced our jobs to lower paid positions (Jr FSC), laid off regularly, closed three hubs, created the regional network and a separate workforce to work those flights....Crandall?

I think this time people are fed up with the lies and bullshit
It's about time. Hope you guys continue getting support from AMFA National. I am confident if they continue their support all the way through that it will happen faster and more members signing than last time. And yes, the members are seeing the real results of this asso. being forced on them with no say so, and are sick and tired...

Reactions: Vortilon
AA have never made the profits they're making today, whether fuel was $20 a barrel or $150 a barrel. Prior to recent history the airline made $1B once prior to 2012.

Crandall was the architect or more Union busting tactic than all there CEO's combined. That's just a ridiculous person to turn to when arguing about labor being strung along and marginalized. Good grief. Crandall? He brought A&B pay scales, he insourced our jobs to lower paid positions (Jr FSC), laid off regularly, closed three hubs, created the regional network and a separate workforce to work those flights....Crandall?

To hear the AA people talk of him he was the greatest CEO since sliced bread.

Its too late. Instead of "The executive committee met..." bullcrap, the new and exciting updates will be coming with amfa updates.
I know mechanics have tried before but there isnt much support for the association.
The problem is that the twu and iam already know that and have discussed recertifications with the TWU taking the mechanics, and the IAM taking fleet. The recertifications will place a 2 year bar on any amfa drive.
That's great. Getting rid of the IAM would make it that much easier. It's never too late timmy. The mechanics are sick and tired.

aa made more than anyone during that era. are you denying that? what other criteria do you need?

yes, he was tough..put him and his people into today's airline world of lower oil, weaker unions and less competition (mergers)...he could have a lobotomy and still make more than the current bosses.

premium pax was a forte of legacy aa. delta has taken what america west doesn't want. crandall would be cleaning up right now.

You do realize 80% of senior management are ex northwest. The ones that put them selves out of business.

Well in today’s industry these guys will need to really f up to put AA out of business
They are on a good roll, the only thing keeping them a float is the price of oil and the fact that tge 4 largest airlines are basically regional monopolies. Consumers have no choics

Reactions: swamt
To hear the AA people talk of him he was the greatest CEO since sliced bread.
When Crandall was here this was a great airline. Really good operation aimed at being better than competitors. What I see now is laughable. If we operated like what we do now in the 80s and 90s we would have been questionable to survive.

aa made more than anyone during that era. are you denying that? what other criteria do you need?

yes, he was tough..put him and his people into today's airline world of lower oil, weaker unions and less competition (mergers)...he could have a lobotomy and still make more than the current bosses.

premium pax was a forte of legacy aa. delta has taken what america west doesn't want. crandall would be cleaning up right now.

Bob Crandall's Boo-Boo's

Who cares what Crandall would clean up if he would be fighting us every step. Most of the animosity between the airline and Labor started and were cultivated by Crandall.

They are on a good roll, the only thing keeping them a float is the price of oil and the fact that tge 4 largest airlines are basically regional monopolies. Consumers have no choics

As the industry turns. It's the reason they strive to have the same expense levels, whether it's fuel or labor. What one airline does the others try to match, whether it is to cut costs or raise ticket prices.

That's why it's funny to me how many of the same people that want them to spend on a contract also point towards their lower profits against other airlines. Higher expense lowers profits, can't be concerned for both.

If i were delta i would move into dfw and eat their lunch. Just on their most profitable routes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts