American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
That may be true, but the amfa drive started in mia and is moving fairly rapidly. The only chance the Association has is if it gets a ta in the next 2 months. I dont think card collection will take that long. This time is incredibly different.
Few defend the Association.

I mean, i still believe the Association cant stop amfa but i think its safe to assume that the company, and nmb, dont want a change in unions.

So, the only plausible block would be a quick ta then a recertification in hopes of beating amfa to the card signing finishing line and barring amfa for 2 years.

Not saying it will be successful, but amfa has showed that it doesnt know how to organize and has been doing this and F'ing this up for 20 years. As a professional, ive looked at their organizing and its a complete disaster, and im sympathetic to amfa, but they sure as hell dont know how to F'n organize.

First of all, it has never been an organized raid from some higher level of the AMFA organization. It has always been from within our group. With zero outside help! The organization is also nothing more than one convinced AMT passing on the info, and card to another AMT or related.

First of all, it has never been an organized raid from some higher level of the AMFA organization. It has always been from within our group. With zero outside help! The organization is also nothing more than one convinced AMT passing on the info, and card to another AMT or related.
Now I can see why it never works. You need someone to volunteer to head it up. Organize it and build committees. It needs to be professionally grass roots.

Ok gentlemen, let's get back on topic here, oh, wait, there is no topic to get back on since nothing is happening. NM carry on. Go AMFA!!!

Now I can see why it never works. You need someone to volunteer to head it up. Organize it and build committees. It needs to be professionally grass roots.
The 2003 drive was very organized from within the rank n file.
The problem is the professional disrupters protecting the dues flow. When it comes to protecting their cash cow (the members dues) they know all the tricks and have our dues money to fight us with. Couple that with a corporation that didnt want to see its pet union replaced with a real union voice and it’s a real up hill battle.
If the Ass stops this drive by conniving against the amt’s they won’t be stopping AMFA they will be
stopping another attempt at a democratic vote. We still have to vote on representation and if the Ass receives more votes than who’s on the ballot or written in than more power to them.

I seriously doubt we will see any agreement before spring of next year.
These stupid updates are just as others say just to string us along thinking there is hope, which of course never comes.
So everyone enjoy the holidays such as they are

No assets? That's just not even remotely true.

By the way, if you actually believe it's a house of cards, with nothing left to mortgage under a mountain of debt then how do you, at the same time, expect the best of best in a JCBA?
Logic to a taboo subject

Reactions: JREwing
crew news 11/14/19 posted videos on Jetnet. Parker blames 737 max and union for summer mess, then states contract will get done before end of year or early 2020. I have heard that the last 4 years in row!:confused::eek::(:mad:

it would be nice to have a craft union Amfa. All the officers are former Airline mechanics instead of a industrial union led by bus workers in nyc

crew news 11/14/19 posted videos on Jetnet. Parker blames 737 max and union for summer mess, then states contract will get done before end of year or early 2020. I have heard that the last 4 years in row!:confused::eek::(:mad:

The Operational Stats since the injunction prove the union was to blame.

And we will continue to hear more crap like this. The company has outsmarted the association because the association has amateurs negotiating for themselves and not for the membership.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts