American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
What should of happened was that both sides should have been advised as to the others priorities and work towards getting to address as many as possible.

To this day, the TWU doesn't understand the IAM's point of view with their medical and catering. Instead the TWU just focused on the differences between the holidays, overtime and things they have over the TWU CBA. That created unnecessary animosity.

The IAM side doesn't fully appreciate the frustrations the TWU side feels over their inferior positions in certain items as compared to the IAM and the industry.

By starting this process as a "no concessions" stance each side expected their wants to be met. Subsequently, there was little time and efforts given to explain the challenges which makes it improbable everyone gets what they want.
I’m sure they are well aware of each other’s priorities and have been since day one.
The sad part is both the international unions priorities were met with the formation of the ASS.
Our priorities have been put in the slow cooker or they could still be marinating in the fridge for all we know.
There isn’t an equitable way to get a contract. One side or the other will be pissed if not both when this is over.
The only recourse we have is to unchain ourselves from these self serving organizations and walk away.
We gained employment without their help and we can maintain it without them.

You mean the lawsuit brought on by the guy that is now one of the biggest associations puppet today. Guess money can buy integrity. Gary Peterson can suck a big fat ****
Sued them to become them?

Last edited:
No what should of happened is the twu since they were the biggest take over like with fa and pilots...

What should've happened is that each of the workgroups should've voted to decide who would represent them. That's unionism 101. The fact that your rights were blatantly ignored has only proven to be regressive.

I think the IAM union brothers and sisters should sue the International for false representation and holding the members hostage. Give the contract out for a vote. If it passed so be it!

No what should of happened is the twu since they were the biggest take over like with fa and pilots. We were screwed because of the money the iampf is for the unions. It was all about politics and money. Jim little screwed us again. I knew there would be no vote. The twu was to scared of mechanics writing in AMFA .

There was no cars drive at with the pilots and flight attendants. The IAM started a card drive and only needed a few thousand to trigger a potential vote. That proves would certainly have dragged this process longer than it's already been.

If the TWU would have been negotiating as the some representing body we'd be a couple of years further behind. That's because the issue isn't just what the IAM wants, but now importantly, what the Company wants.

Maybe the medical issues would have been easier but it's unlikely the TWU would even want to adopt IAM language. Guess what language had been mostly agreed to? IAM language dominates the JCBA.

What should've happened is that each of the workgroups should've voted to decide who would represent them. That's unionism 101. The fact that your rights were blatantly ignored has only proven to be regressive.

NMB decision.

There was no cars drive at with the pilots and flight attendants. The IAM started a card drive and only needed a few thousand to trigger a potential vote. That proves would certainly have dragged this process longer than it's already been.

If the TWU would have been negotiating as the some representing body we'd be a couple of years further behind. That's because the issue isn't just what the IAM wants, but now importantly, what the Company wants.

Maybe the medical issues would have been easier but it's unlikely the TWU would even want to adopt IAM language. Guess what language had been mostly agreed to? IAM language dominates the JCBA.

What JCBA, there isn’t one and there isn’t going to be one for the foreseeable future.
We are all screwed and it’s time to dump this stupid ass ASS.
contract or no

I read on fb not sure if its true someone called nmb and they said no meetings are scheduled
AL, it's fact that someone can contact the NMB and ask questions concerning The AA nego's. They will not give details but they will give if any dates are set and where they are held. I strongly recommend someone to do so, this is how I exposed many on these forums that there never would be a vote on the asso being formed and being forced upon the membership. All my info was retained by contacting the NMB and asking questions. Another follow up call wouldn't hurt this week to verify. The question is; is there anyone willing to get off their a$$es to do make that call. When I did it only one other AA mechanic got off his a$$ and made the call and verified what I said and still, the membership believed everything the TWU/IAM and asso told them and they were all lies.

You mean the lawsuit brought on by the guy that is now one of the biggest associations puppet today. Guess money can buy integrity. Gary Peterson can suck a big fat ****
Peterson used his position and Local to build leverage to get a big intl job.
It worked.
Now, we learn yesterday that the NMB has no intentions, at this time, to schedule any future dates. In simplest terms, its now over.

Not sure why the Arse continues to lie and say more dates are being worked on. Its not.
My understanding is that the company is completely finished with the madness. Scope for mx and fleet was apparently already agreed to but facilities was left out. The union simply wont sign or allow a vote even though the whole damn proposals are almost totally agreed.
It was reported that the union is concerned about the lawsuit, and wants the company to settle it, and thus it seems fairly obvious that the main hangup is an informal quid pro quo that must include a drop of the court case. Peterson claims this is not true but you all can believe this hearsay or Petersons agenda.
Regardless, my understanding is that the company believes it has the case locked up and will be using the arse as an example for the pilots and stews. Peterson and others dispute this and say this is a lie and that the company isnt concerned about the pilots according to all the bs reports.
Bottom line, the company doesnt want to go soft on the case because it doesnt want the thought of a slowdown to enter the mind of pilots.
Consider all of the above hearsay but i personally believe its moztly true and that only 2 things can change this madness.
1. Amfa election
2. Expedited court case.

Otherwise, im not interested in any more dopey repeating updates from the arse.

Can't have parity when each starts from a different place with different priorities.

When this whole thing started many believed it was going to be a quick and easy process. The TWU side didn't really appreciate the position the IAM was going to be in considering they'd have to give up more while receiving less.
I have said this from the beginning.
I have also said from the start that this combo of 2 very different unions will take years to get an agreement. Too many differences and infighting. And here they are again sending more lies and misinformation to try and keep the memberships all calm.

That is a fact i called today. They said:
They were there last week.
They are not here this week and nothing is scheduled. They did say its "on going"
As far as a gag order thet said talk to your representatives there is no imposed gag order.
Might be self imposed, who knows they dont tell us anything.
And there ya have it.
Way to go dfw gen. Way to take the time yourself. No meetings this week (as previously told) and no meetings scheduled.
And you guys now have the correct info about the gag order, and it too is as I previously said, the NMB can not force anyone to do anything, it's plain and simple that the co. and the asso. wanted the gag order themselves and the asso. just simply agreed with the co., and that is just pathetically sad that this asso keeps easily agreeing with the co wishes over, and over, and over again.
Now you as a membership just keep believing everything you are told by this pathetic asso and co.

Then the ASS originally lied. They had told us the NMB had requested a gag order...
Been trying to tell you this from the start. Did the very same on the no vote for asso. when will you guys ever learn to listen? You all keep believing everything this asso tells you.

AL, it's fact that someone can contact the NMB and ask questions concerning The AA nego's. They will not give details but they will give if any dates are set and where they are held. I strongly recommend someone to do so, this is how I exposed many on these forums that there never would be a vote on the asso being formed and being forced upon the membership. All my info was retained by contacting the NMB and asking questions. Another follow up call wouldn't hurt this week to verify. The question is; is there anyone willing to get off their a$$es to do make that call. When I did it only one other AA mechanic got off his a$$ and made the call and verified what I said and still, the membership believed everything the TWU/IAM and asso told them and they were all lies.
NM. dfw gen, has already did his own homework and verified. See ya all next year...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts