American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. Please sign a card. I do believe that is the only voice any of us have.
I think the only negotiating is going on among the leaders of this ASS as to how to finally tell the members the end is here. Many of the lies and halftruths are coming undone and someone is going under the bus.

Reactions: swamt
Yes. Please sign a card. I do believe that is the only voice any of us have.
I think the only negotiating is going on among the leaders of this ASS as to how to finally tell the members the end is here. Many of the lies and halftruths are coming undone and someone is going under the bus.
There is no way to tell. They refuse to inform the membership. For some readon they prefer the rumors and uncertainty. Unbelievable.

I have been posting my opinion and reading others. If the Association and the company don’t have a new contract by January 2020. Shame on them. It is no longer about the company or association. It is about the hard working American Airlines employees who deserve a fair and honest contract from both the company and the association!!!!

In the midst of our situation a new one will arise in 2020.
The contract for the APA will become amenable in January.
The APFA will follow right behind them. Somewhere in the middle of it all if we are still without a JCBA is the Association still crying about the lawsuit and other issues that both sides aren't budging on.

The APFA will follow right behind them. Somewhere in the middle of it all if we are still without a JCBA is the Association still crying about the lawsuit and other issues that both sides aren't budging on.
Cards are being printed.
Time for change

Reactions: we're screwed
Cards are being printed.
Time for change
I for one would be in favor of a change in representation. The Ass has shown and proven overwhelmingly that this conglomeration of trades and work groups is unmanageable. Whats more they have shown that they don't have the know how to negotiate or close a deal. As a result, we are all paying a horrendous price which is particularly troubling for many of us close to retirement. We have no time to recover from the mistakes they have made and this will cost us in our retirement. The increased 401K match would do much to help add to retirement income that we will not realize.

The work rule and pay changes are little and late, after all most of us from the AA side of the house have been under concessions for 14 years and are now in the sunset of our careers. They will help the next generation but not us.

I say bring on the cards, lets get rid of them.

I for one would be in favor of a change in representation. The Ass has shown and proven overwhelmingly that this conglomeration of trades and work groups is unmanageable. Whats more they have shown that they don't have the know how to negotiate or close a deal. As a result, we are all paying a horrendous price which is particularly troubling for many of us close to retirement. We have no time to recover from the mistakes they have made and this will cost us in our retirement. The increased 401K match would do much to help add to retirement income that we will not realize.

The work rule and pay changes are little and late, after all most of us from the AA side of the house have been under concessions for 14 years and are now in the sunset of our careers. They will help the next generation but not us.

I say bring on the cards, lets get rid of them.
Absouloutly.

Damn shame isn’t it

Damn shame isn’t it
Yes, but we should not be surprised.
I doubt any serious progress will be made in negotiations for us in the coming weeks wrapping up the 2019 year. With the APA and APFA negotiations beginning in 2020 that leaves many questions about the seriousness of our negotiations when priorities are more than likely going to change on the company side.

Cards are being printed.
Time for change
You can print as many cards as you wish. Will you get enough cards signed and support from all groups?
I keep repeating this because unless something drastic happens and I mean really drastic you won't get support from title 2 and the IAM guys. Bad enough we have our own TWU members who won't sign a card but are vocal in their current representation failures. Good luck to us all if a card drive should take off and be successful.

Does anyone know if there have been negotiations this week?
I assume you are being sarcastic. But if you are serious, then, NO. They did not nego this week. Not even sure if they met for nego's last week either since they never give any info. Some AA mechs have called the NMB and inquired. They were told no meetings this past week and no meetings are set for any future nego's at this time.
Sign them there cards and get them in quickly folks. It's time for a change...

Well, let's give it another shot. Hell, ya never know.

Maybe the intellectually impaired have come around..o_O

But like I've been saying for almost 3 decades at AA.......

Stupid.jpg

You can print as many cards as you wish. Will you get enough cards signed and support from all groups?
I keep repeating this because unless something drastic happens and I mean really drastic you won't get support from title 2 and the IAM guys. Bad enough we have our own TWU members who won't sign a card but are vocal in their current representation failures. Good luck to us all if a card drive should take off and be successful.
We all know Title 1 is the real reason there has not been a change . Now you can spin it off on title 2 or whoever so it makes you feel better. But be real honest with yourself. Title 1 is pissed and should be! At their own. We are all getting older and tired of the same old bs on replay!

We all know Title 1 is the real reason there has not been a change . Now you can spin it off on title 2 or whoever so it makes you feel better. But be real honest with yourself. Title 1 is pissed and should be! At their own. We are all getting older and tired of the same old bs on replay!
Wrong! I've done many card drives and the numbers come up short because title 2 just doesn't get onboard. Every drive title 2 never participated in signing enough cards to make a difference. I've had conversations and arguments with some of them. They just are not interested or believe in the ramp support over M&E groups. The replay you mention is a nasty cycle from one drive to the next. I remember a drive years back when Kansas city did not want to sign because they were told that if they signed cards the company was going to pull the 767 heavies and send the work back to Tulsa.
They even voted Yes on a contract to keep the place going. Tulsa guys told them they were being played. Contract passed and Kansas city was history. During one drive it's certain line stations that held out, other drives was Tulsa. Some drives Tulsa and line stations together signed by came up short. Only two drives were filed and unfortunately the NMB allowed an inflated eligibility list to be used. So take all these drives that we came up short in one way or another title 2 always held back. That's a large number of cards left on the table. If we had the same percentage of title 1 and title 2 sign cards we would have enough cards to file. Instead its always a struggle to finish that last 15 to 20% of cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.