American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those eight were already outsourced in the states at an MRO that United came in and way underbidded just to guarantee that they get it. This knocked SWA for a loop and into a frenzy to find a home for the eight lines of maint to continue. All the USA MRO's were all full (which is why United way underbidded to get into one) so SWA had to do something and very quickly. As much as they didn't want to return to El Salvador they didn't have much of a choice left to them hear in the states. All eight of these lines were already being outsourced so there was nothing more than the normal getting outsourced. Not exactly happy and cheery they went outside USA, but, I will say they are pulling through with what they promised to do with all the new maint hangars being added in 6 cities, the 6 bayer in Houston, the added maint being brought into Dallas overnight maint, 2 newly restored lines at Dallas Heavy, headcounts going up throughout the system including 40-60 heads as promised for Dallas over time.

Just wanted to fix your attempt at trying make AMFA look bad (as I said these lies will start to pick up now) I will say your correct that those eight lines are not eight lines coming in house, but they are also NOT added eight lines going out, they are simply the same eight that were already previously being outsourced, so no increases in the outsourcing where scope was left "untouched" as well.
Now let's see if you all keep all your scope the same as it is now when you guys get done now won't we??? Carry on...

700UW Phoenix757767 doesn’t work at AA, not is he an AMT- he just plays one on the Internet.

It won’t be his scope at all

Reactions: swamt
700UW Phoenix757767 doesn’t work at AA, not is he an AMT- he just plays one on the Internet.

It won’t be his scope at all
You guys need to ignore him. He's a troll with an agenda. Let him play in the sandbox by himself. He doesn't contribute to the advancement and future of our profession because he probably is a paid union troll or a wanna be paid union troll looking for a union position. Let's stay focused on the issues and not the irrelevant drama.

All the IAM guys remember this Friday we won’t get holiday pay thanks to no agreement
That adds to several hundreds of dollars lost yet again
Dump the Association!!

I was absent from this forum for quite awhile. When and how did it become 95% personal conflict and bickering? Asking for friend

I was absent from this forum for quite awhile. When and how did it become 95% personal conflict and bickering? Asking for friend
There is one that usually cycles thru under different names. He knows everything about the airline industry, but doesnt work in it. He usually gets banned then shows up with a new alias...

Meetings have been scheduled for next week,
4th through the 6th as well as the following week.
So any bets on actual progress or an AIP.
I’m not holding my breath

Meetings have been scheduled for next week,
4th through the 6th as well as the following week.
So any bets on actual progress or an AIP.
I’m not holding my breath
Depends if cards go out to all the stations and they sense a threat the spin machine will start.

There is one that usually cycles thru under different names. He knows everything about the airline industry, but doesnt work in it. He usually gets banned then shows up with a new alias...
If everyone ignored him though. Hard to argue with yourself

My take on these new meetings is yet another attempt by the Ass to make everyone think progress is being made in order to save the holidays from disruption.
The company is most likely in on this as well.
Don’t let them get away with it.
I call BS
If they don’t come out of this with an AIP
Well I guess we will see

If everyone ignored him though. Hard to argue with yourself

No doubt. And to all of you I apologize to cross pollinating threads. But he is literally lying to people on other sites, and I want to make sure he knows it’s being seen.

People like him only serve to set labor back- and I mean that literally- he actually harmed our campaign at DL. Labor has moved on and continued to adapt, but like a dog on a haystack, he continues to defend a dustheap of failed ideas. So be it.

For everyone else fighting for a better tomorrow, and working to boost your class/craft (and aviation writ large) I sincerely wish you the best. This is the Golden Age of our industry, and labor is off the ropes and back in the ring. Go down swinging. Peace.

Reactions: swamt
My take on these new meetings is yet another attempt by the Ass to make everyone think progress is being made in order to save the holidays from disruption.
The company is most likely in on this as well.
Don’t let them get away with it.
I call BS
If they don’t come out of this with an AIP
Well I guess we will see
The NMB schedules the talks, not the Association

Status
Not open for further replies.