Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'American Airlines' started by Buck, Mar 19, 2018.
Great, another paid union troll.
There are no new hires on this BB. All the AMTs have been through numerous card drives, and understand who is included in the class and craft. It's almost as if you are trolling for conflict?
Hey robbed. I can only give you my opinion on this issue.
If the AMFA drive is successful the suit will still continue with the Asso representation as AA sued them for the leaderships role in the suppose job action. With top leadership threatening and all that, the fact that the International never tried to stop it, until directed to do so, is why the suit was directed towards the Asso. and it's leaders.
Now for the good news. Now I do not know for fact (no attorney here) but I would assume that if any damages are handed down, it will be on the asso (not the mechanics and or groups involved) and they will have to pay the fines and damages if so directed. If the AMFA card drive is successful then this will simply guarantee that the asso can't pass on the damages over to AMFA and groups within the "And Related". But I really do think this asso will try to pass on the damages to the membership (which is illegal) by trying to increase the dues or access some kind of charge a little at a time until they are reimbursed the entire amount. One way to stop that from happening would be to fire the ass. and let them deal with the suit against them and all move onto AMFA representation. Now that would be sweeet...
Much appreciated. It makes sense. Thx bro. Again good luck to the MTR folks in their quest. I wld not be surprised if our dues go higher up if all goes the way MTR leave n the fines etc
So with the card drive in full swing what are the chances this will effect the upcoming meetings to fast track a deal?
I would think it might but then again I would have thought we would have a deal by now too.
Normally it would shutdown negotiations, in 2013 the IBT raid company shutdown talks till the outcome.
There is no way to predict.
It could force an agreement between the association and the company
It could harden the resolve and delay a deal.
There is no way to tell. But 18 months ago they put out a letter stopping the amp drive because the were close to the end.
If they put out a similar letter and we stop will we look back in 18 months and say we should have carried it thru.
Personally im thru with the secret agent bull ****. I dont beleive they are as close as they claim to be. To be exact i think the twu is ready but the iam is no where near an agreement they want
If that's the case. So be it. We are no where near a deal that the iam will accept.
As far as the lawsuit against the association goes?
That's a question for the legal department. You can express your opinion either way. It follows the members new representative or it stays with the association since they were the defendants. It's all speculation at this point. One step at a time. First we need to get enough cards so a filing can be made. Then a vote for representation. Then we deal with what we inherit from the association.
It's a joke. Calm down.
Negotiations have been exhausted. Hold up is the court case.
Best to use this down time to switch over to amfa and wish the twu and iam the best as they redouble their efforts to limit the fines of the botched slowdown
Thats why many lus are signing, ie., to stall. Even though its already done
The legal liability stays with the organization under which the lawsuit was brought. (TWU, IAM, Association)
So the meetings over the next two weeks are just window dressing and mean nothing except to try and save the operations during the holidays so there are no disruptions?
Because if they come back with no more progress there will be a major revolt.
We are close to that now
There has been a conversation that some want to wait until we get a contract to sign a card. You either are going to sign a card or not.