American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
There has been a conversation that some want to wait until we get a contract to sign a card. You either are going to sign a card or not.
Heard that so many times then when a contract is signed they won't sign a card anyway. Lame reason to not sign a card. Wait for what? Idiots!

So the meetings over the next two weeks are just window dressing and mean nothing except to try and save the operations during the holidays so there are no disruptions?
Because if they come back with no more progress there will be a major revolt.
We are close to that now
Pretty much sums it up.

Reactions: swamt
Heard that so many times then when a contract is signed they won't sign a card anyway. Lame reason to not sign a card. Wait for what? Idiots!
The guys I have spoken to that take that position are more worried that if we change representation we will have to start with negotiations from Ground Zero, that very well might be the case, but we would be better off having conversations with these members and explaining that even if we have to start from Ground Zero the final outcome will be better because the membership will have more of a voice in the process than what we have today.

The guys I have spoken to that take that position are more worried that if we change representation we will have to start with negotiations from Ground Zero, that very well might be the case, but we would be better off having conversations with these members and explaining that even if we have to start from Ground Zero the final outcome will be better because the membership will have more of a voice in the process than what we have today.
Show them the letter from july of 2018 saying how close we ate to the end

Not going to happen. We are under mediation and the mediators are there to keep things moving. Even Parker said he wants to wrap this up before 2019. Guys thinking that all the negotiations between the company and association will be thrown out are looking for an excuse not to sign a card. Then when we get a contract you still won't get them to sign. I've experienced this many times. So sad.

Last edited:
No it’s better to do what 1AA says just call them idiots and walk away

Another our of the woodwork poster to help muddy the waters. With a total of 53 post, as the drive progresses he will post more
Can’t fool you. Just how am I muddying the waters? I support the AMFA drive I don’t support calling people idiots if they don’t sign a card. I support educating them why they need to sign. P.S. I guess only the same 5 people with 10,000 post are allowed to post here way to keep the drive alive

Reactions: FLYNFISH
Just one more thing before I go back into the woodwork. There are many people who read this forum who do not post. When you put down other AMT’s from base stations or the IAM and even the title II guys you make it difficult to get cards signed. I walked into GSE last week to let them know that a card drive was starting for AMFA again and all it took was 1 guy to pull up this for him on his cell phone and show the mechanics in the room certain posts where they are putting down title II. Thanks to SWAMT I was able to clear up miscommunication. The attitude of some on here that they are better than others does not help the cause. If we do not unite this will never work. Now it is time for me to crawl back into the woodwork.

Reactions: swamt
No what will happen is certain people on here will complain because automotive and facilities are still part of Mechanic & Related
While that may happen ( I doubt it) the fact of the matter is, Title 2 will have 100% more voice in AMFA than they ever will have with the ASS.

Enough of the bullshit, it’s time to sign a card and get a representation vote.

So the meetings over the next two weeks are just window dressing and mean nothing except to try and save the operations during the holidays so there are no disruptions?
Because there has been no more progress there is now a major revolt.
We are there now

Fixed

The legal liability stays with the organization under which the lawsuit was brought. (TWU, IAM, Association)
That's the way I understand it as well. The reason it's on the TWU/IAM Asso. is because they did nothing to try and stop it, and there were top leaders threatening on video, and not to mention some internet gabble that will also be brought up. It's on the Asso. to at least make an effort to stop what the co. thought was a job action. The same happened to us, the difference is our union immediately put out memos discouraging any kind of job action and they went around the system in person telling mechanics to not do any job actions and the union does not condone any job actions and that possible discipline could be handed down from the union if any member is found to be doing a job action. Although the cancellations were still up the Judge saw that the union took action and attempts to stop it, where the asso never did until directed and ordered to do so by the Judge in their case. Big difference.

There has been a conversation that some want to wait until we get a contract to sign a card. You either are going to sign a card or not.
Yes some will think that way. As some have already suggested we have to help them understand what the threatened asso will do. Ex: If you guys all keep saying let's wait until we get a contract, well, quite frankly you guys will never get a contract as the asso. would continue to drag this out because the end is here when they get a contract for the asso. So they will hold the membership hostage anyway.
And yes the asso will also threaten that if AMFA is voted in the nego's will start back at ground zero. Like previously posted the mediators would not allow that to happen. Not to say AMFA might want o add some changes but whatever AMFA would want to change the co. will be given the same amount of options to change as well to be fair to both sides. It would basically be the same as AMFA taking over after you guys have a new contract, AMFA would simply inherit the contract. AMFA will inherit T/A'ed items already agreed to and start nego on the 4 biggies left.
But do not put it pass both the asso and the co. to bring out all the scare tactics under the sun to scare everyone away from signing cards. The co. doesn't want AMFA in just as bad as the asso doesn't want them in at AA...

While that may happen ( I doubt it) the fact of the matter is, Title 2 will have 100% more voice in AMFA than they ever will have with the ASS.

Enough of the bullshit, it’s time to sign a card and get a representation vote.
Yes they will. AND they can have their very own language that addresses their issues directly. They would also vote for the guys they want to represent at the table for their group. Just like AMFA did here at SWA, for other groups in the "And Related" AMFA was smart enough to bring in members from those groups as advisors and assist in getting the language they needed for their group correct. And that works the best for all. In other words, mechanics are not trying to nego language for MC or App. Techs., or instructors, facility maint etc...

Just one more thing before I go back into the woodwork. There are many people who read this forum who do not post. When you put down other AMT’s from base stations or the IAM and even the title II guys you make it difficult to get cards signed. I walked into GSE last week to let them know that a card drive was starting for AMFA again and all it took was 1 guy to pull up this for him on his cell phone and show the mechanics in the room certain posts where they are putting down title II. Thanks to SWAMT I was able to clear up miscommunication. The attitude of some on here that they are better than others does not help the cause. If we do not unite this will never work. Now it is time for me to crawl back into the woodwork.
Anytime if you or yours have any questions I would be glad to give any and all examples how we do it here under AMFA. Like I just posted above, AMFA was smart enough to bring in members of the other groups to the nego table and assist with all their language. Matter fact they would bring in 2 members to advise and assist in all their groups languages, rules and regs while nego for their groups. Why wouldn't ya want the guys in there that it all covers as they would know best what will and will not work best for their groups.
Sorry for that slight hiccup before of not doing a thorough explanation. If you ever need more info, explaining, or whatever please feel free to ask. If ya don't want to do it publically PM me, got no problem with that either. Take care, stay strong and keep the drive alive...

Status
Not open for further replies.