American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to go look at why you guys are talking about the F/A's here. I reported the person who started it as I said I would when things get off topic. Let's get back onto AA Labor nego's please.

I hear ya. I get it.

At the same time, I think there are s a very easy comparison to draw between the Title Groups at AA and DL FA’s. Both are seeking the best option when it comes to representation. It is also clear to me that both the Association at AA and the IAM at DL are not meeting those needs currently.

Here in Germany there are also constantly negotiations between pilots and the airlines. :( This constantly eliminates flights. Probably there is this problem in many other countries also.

Will the mechanics be granted parity with the other airlines?

Will the mechanics be forced into a sub-standard contract by getting a contract from the Association?

Will the company go after the Fleet Service group to achieve parity with the other airlines?

Which way will the IAM Pension fund go?

parity? you mean the ratio of AMTs per plane?

will the company go after fleet? what parity for fleet? delta/united fleet earn more per hour than i do and get bigger profit sharing checks. the twu represents southwest fleet and they earn what i earn and also get bigger profit sharing checks.

you believe amfa had gotten southwest the highest wages because southwest fleet earns $15/hr and aa will do the same for you? the trade-off isn't that fleet will subsidize your dream of $60/hr, junior AMTs will subsidize that dream.

i suppose if i had 35 years as an AMT and had no fear of getting laid-off...yes, let's try another union and maybe we'll get $60/hr because fleet holds us back.

honestly, i wish you luck but i'm thinking many AMTs with 7-8 years believe that a vote to change unions is a vote to lose their job. i don't care if you have the major league baseball union representing you..if you ever end up getting a huge bump in pay, way more AMT work will be outsourced and there will be way less AMTs.

just my opinion, like your opinion is that fleet holds you back from the land of milk & honey contract.

will the company go after fleet? what parity for fleet? delta/united fleet earn more per hour than i do and get bigger profit sharing checks. the twu represents southwest fleet and they earn what i earn and also get bigger profit sharing checks.

you believe amfa had gotten southwest the highest wages because southwest fleet earns $15/hr and aa will do the same for you? the trade-off isn't that fleet will subsidize your dream of $60/hr, junior AMTs will subsidize that dream.

i suppose if i had 35 years as an AMT and had no fear of getting laid-off...yes, let's try another union and maybe we'll get $60/hr because fleet holds us back.

honestly, i wish you luck but i'm thinking many AMTs with 7-8 years believe that a vote to change unions is a vote to lose their job. i don't care if you have the major league baseball union representing you..if you ever end up getting a huge bump in pay, way more AMT work will be outsourced and there will be way less AMTs.

just my opinion, like your opinion is that fleet holds you back from the land of milk & honey contract.

Get a clue I’ve seen more AMT’s leave for better paying jobs than anytime in my career and this includes many with more than 5 or 10 years seniority. And I love in particular the ones that were just hired and leave right out of orientation.
Steve Goeyvaerts aka Goey
SFO

Reactions: swamt
http://ow.ly/N4fj50xpyy8?fbclid=IwAR3RsJvYv5mR8STNu20WTqxVO0CzJbI9KWHZnRUPwmsBfez90Eyj0jOWaW0

Since we are discussing Negotiations parity means wages and benefits. and Yes it could mean the number of mechanics per aircraft and other work rules.

will the company go after fleet?
what parity for fleet? I believe that United's Fleet is 100% part-time, so yes benefit matching and work rules.

delta/united fleet earn more per hour than i do and get bigger profit sharing checks. the twu represents southwest fleet and they earn what i earn and also get bigger profit sharing checks.

I agree you should be compensated the same, including Profit Sharing.

I am a mechanic and an AMFA supporter all I care about is my peers, which are the mechanics in the airline industry. It is up to you to care about Fleet. I am supporting a mechanics union because I am a mechanic.

Reports are coming in on the AMFA card drive that new hires are signing cards. In fact, some new hires have already left American for Southwest.
I never said anything about $60/hr or fleet holding mechanics back. The fact remains that I am for parity with the other airline mechanics.

That is why Tulsa is growing and as long as Tulsa is growing the Line will be there. I am very close in hourly wages now, however it was the merger that forced that issue, so both LAA and LUS could equally work on each others aircraft.

I believe the union holds the mechanics back and yes they are two different jobs. Mechanics at American should make comparable wages and benefits, as well as Fleet at American, should make as much as their peers at other airlines.

Perhaps you should work nights and go to A&P School and get your License(s)

Get a clue I’ve seen more AMT’s leave for better paying jobs than anytime in my career and this includes many with more than 5 or 10 years seniority. And I love in particular the ones that were just hired and leave right out of orientation.
Steve Goeyvaerts aka Goey
SFO

that's great...where are they going to?

to airlines with a lower ratio of AMTs per plane? if they are going to ua/dl/southwest, fleet there either earns more than me or equal to me.

my thought is assoc or amfa, the company is stingy..they don't want to compensate us.

Success in what job action at SWA? There never was a job action. The mechanics were following paperwork instructions in the new paperwork packages that instructed them to look at the econolite panels and write up any discrepancies. And when you look up the limits allowed and follow the book it tells you that due to fire issues certain damage is groundable. Therefore the mechs report their findings to MC and thru their channels they will instruct rather to ground or not, not the mechanics, they just simply did what the paperwork told them to do as instructed.
The only thing that got the nego's moving along at a much better pace was investor pressure to the BOD and onto CEO. So after firing the original co. nego team (all but one) then the CEO brought in KK from Alaska to focus on getting the contract done with full power for all decisions in KK's hands. Once he was in there, the three days with no deal fell on KK to step it up a bit and he did, stayed working on it thru the weekend and we finally had a deal come Mon. after the weekend.
That job action you speak of that they were using elsewhere was from the Max cancellations, weather related delays and cancellations and yes some maint delays and cancellations that were derived from the new paperwork that instructed mechs to inspect specific areas of cargo pits liners. How quickly the co. found out that minor damage to econolite cargo liners are suppose to get grounded do to fire prevention methods. That new paperwork was pulled immediately from overnight packages and put into larger work packages in the hangars and off of line maint, c-checks, hangr ron, line ron and overnight maint. Once they put it where it belonged and could be repaired in a timely manner before revenue flight, then all things ironed out smoothly. Remember, we never had a temp nor perm. RO ordered by any judge, just a huge paperwork fiasco that got fixed. Hope this helps clear things up...

:D Ah. Great. So you guys don't have to worry about the $20M or a permanent Permanent Injunction. o_O Then AMFA should just ignore all that legal mumbo-jumbo they're upset about.

i don't argue much of what you say here, except united's fleet is not 100% part-time..and i work in ua's HQ.

united got caught short, mandatory 3-4 times a week.

True. In my hub, we had to hire again. FT and PT because we were very short. Mando almost every night for close out. Not a good thing when you cut too deep and don't hire in 8 years. But I digress..........

OMG! It's so impressive that there are some posters that seem to work for 3 or 4 airlines at the same time. Talk about workaholics.

I actually agree 100% with NYer’s last comment. Both the Company and the Association already requested the services of the NMB early on in the process if needed.

More than likely if it does reach Section 6 her services would be expanded where she would actually begin to join talks and make suggestions to the sides that are most having difficulties.

http://www.nmb.gov/about-nmb/officials-staff/principal-officials/lind-puchala/
Weez, you still on gag? Are you making goofy statements about amfa like 700 is?
I see the iam spin doctor is now saying amfa members could get higher seniority and that 6 years of negotiations will be scrapped.

Weez, just because amfa is doing great with the raid, shouldnt mean that you go back in the gutter with 700 and his lies.
You may still get an iam gig since the ramp will still be association.

Did you meet up with Josh?

I hear ya. I get it.

At the same time, I think there are s a very easy comparison to draw between the Title Groups at AA and DL FA’s. Both are seeking the best option when it comes to representation. It is also clear to me that both the Association at AA and the IAM at DL are not meeting those needs currently.
Do you think the delta ramp would be more interested in another big union or just stick with the iam perpetual campaign?
It seems logical to hold onto the iam if you just want to use a union as opposed to becoming union.

Wow you are really reaching there. The AFL-CIO process/dispute auspicies adjudicated that the IAM had a period to organize, they failed miserably now AFA-CWA is squandering cash and bandwidth at their fourth attempt at this.

You of all people should know it is not a raid if the group is currently unorganized.

Josh
Josh
How are ya? Im in pbi now. If you ever fly out of pbi, let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.