American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Discussion in 'American Airlines' started by Buck, Mar 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swamt

swamt Veteran

But I only talk about it when others lie and spread misinformation. You were the one that brought the F/A's and the AFA-CWA into AA labor nego's thread not me.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. Kev3188

Kev3188 Veteran

I hear ya. I get it.

At the same time, I think there are s a very easy comparison to draw between the Title Groups at AA and DL FA’s. Both are seeking the best option when it comes to representation. It is also clear to me that both the Association at AA and the IAM at DL are not meeting those needs currently.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. sntiar

sntiar Newbie

Here in Germany there are also constantly negotiations between pilots and the airlines. :( This constantly eliminates flights. Probably there is this problem in many other countries also.

4. CremaDiLimone

CremaDiLimone Veteran

parity? you mean the ratio of AMTs per plane?

will the company go after fleet? what parity for fleet? delta/united fleet earn more per hour than i do and get bigger profit sharing checks. the twu represents southwest fleet and they earn what i earn and also get bigger profit sharing checks.

you believe amfa had gotten southwest the highest wages because southwest fleet earns $15/hr and aa will do the same for you? the trade-off isn't that fleet will subsidize your dream of $60/hr, junior AMTs will subsidize that dream.

i suppose if i had 35 years as an AMT and had no fear of getting laid-off...yes, let's try another union and maybe we'll get $60/hr because fleet holds us back.

honestly, i wish you luck but i'm thinking many AMTs with 7-8 years believe that a vote to change unions is a vote to lose their job. i don't care if you have the major league baseball union representing you..if you ever end up getting a huge bump in pay, way more AMT work will be outsourced and there will be way less AMTs.

just my opinion, like your opinion is that fleet holds you back from the land of milk & honey contract.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Goey

Goey Advanced

6. Goey

Goey Advanced

Get a clue I’ve seen more AMT’s leave for better paying jobs than anytime in my career and this includes many with more than 5 or 10 years seniority. And I love in particular the ones that were just hired and leave right out of orientation.
    Steve Goeyvaerts aka Goey
    SFO

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Buck

Buck Veteran
    Contributor

http://ow.ly/N4fj50xpyy8?fbclid=IwAR3RsJvYv5mR8STNu20WTqxVO0CzJbI9KWHZnRUPwmsBfez90Eyj0jOWaW0

8. CremaDiLimone

CremaDiLimone Veteran

that's great...where are they going to?

to airlines with a lower ratio of AMTs per plane? if they are going to ua/dl/southwest, fleet there either earns more than me or equal to me.

my thought is assoc or amfa, the company is stingy..they don't want to compensate us.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. CremaDiLimone

CremaDiLimone Veteran

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  10. NYer

NYer Veteran

:D Ah. Great. So you guys don't have to worry about the $20M or a permanent Permanent Injunction. o_O Then AMFA should just ignore all that legal mumbo-jumbo they're upset about.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. T5towbar

T5towbar Veteran

True. In my hub, we had to hire again. FT and PT because we were very short. Mando almost every night for close out. Not a good thing when you cut too deep and don't hire in 8 years. But I digress..........

• Useful Useful x 1
  12. JREwing

JREwing Member

OMG! It's so impressive that there are some posters that seem to work for 3 or 4 airlines at the same time. Talk about workaholics.

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. Tim Nelson

Tim Nelson Veteran

Weez, you still on gag? Are you making goofy statements about amfa like 700 is?
    I see the iam spin doctor is now saying amfa members could get higher seniority and that 6 years of negotiations will be scrapped.

Weez, just because amfa is doing great with the raid, shouldnt mean that you go back in the gutter with 700 and his lies.
    You may still get an iam gig since the ramp will still be association.

Did you meet up with Josh?

14. Tim Nelson

Tim Nelson Veteran

Do you think the delta ramp would be more interested in another big union or just stick with the iam perpetual campaign?
    It seems logical to hold onto the iam if you just want to use a union as opposed to becoming union.

15. Tim Nelson

Tim Nelson Veteran

Josh
    How are ya? Im in pbi now. If you ever fly out of pbi, let me know.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.