American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me start this post by saying it is NOT sarcasm but will sound like it.

the Ass to put out update today that progress was made this week.

Don’t fall for it sign the cards.
Keep the drive alive

They'll just need to change the date from the last update!

He even looks smarter!

269c6d519c6c8b617dbe35332ea612c4.jpg

Reactions: swamt
Any mechs thinking they may have to make a move with the possibility of another contract from this asso to reduced headcounts, SWA will be expanding in Denver big time, Houston, Dallas, BWI, Las Vegas, Florida and L.A. Below is the news on Denver adding 1000's with a great average salaries. New hangar also coming to Denver, size not decided as of yet, stay tuned. Good luck to all that wanna apply...

Southwest Airlines Receives Tax Credits For Denver Expansion ...
For other than personal reasons anyone at any job at AA with ten years as you say, quits to start over wth SW or any other carrier isnt very bright.In the end we will all be in the same ballpark as far as pay and benefits

For other than personal reasons anyone at any job at AA with ten years as you say, quits to start over wth SW or any other carrier isnt very bright.In the end we will all be in the same ballpark as far as pay and benefits
i cant like or agree or disagree with this. but judging from what we have to today id lean toward disagreeing

i cant like or agree or disagree with this. but judging from what we have to today id lean toward disagreeing
Simple question would you do it?With the ratio of AMTS to planes whos going to move up faster? You know im right about the benefits. Grass is always greener right.

I guess then I’m not very bright. I left AA with $0 in profit sharing in 23 years and gained $45,000 in profit sharing at WN in 6 years. Now who’s the one hiding behind the chain saws in the garage?

AMFA drive will speed up negotiations. The reason is so the Association can get recertified and block AMFA. It's a race against time. I think AMFA has it. Mechanics need to sign ASAP as you shouldn't trust the Association/Company. Believe me, just like they recertified the first time. I heard they will recertify in January after a ratification. That will give AMFA 30 days to dispute. Let's hope this isn't true, but that is exactly what I heard, i.e., TWU to take mechanics, and IAM to take Fleet. They know peeps will be pissed off but it will bar any raid for 2 more years. Get those cards signed quick.

Reactions: dfw gen
I guess then I’m not very bright. I left AA with $0 in profit sharing in 23 years and gained $45,000 in profit sharing at WN in 6 years. Now who’s the one hiding behind the chain saws in the garage?
How much did you lose starting over with the payscale?Plus i should have said leaving "now" things are a lot different now than 10 years ago when you didnt know what was going to drop

Would you have made the same move in todays enviroment where your job would remain stable,

Simple question would you do it?With the ratio of AMTS to planes whos going to move up faster? You know im right about the benefits. Grass is always greener right.
I had the chance in 2007 in either phx or midway. My kids were just about to enter high school, a bad time to commute or move. I passed. Today no i have 5-6 years to retire it doesnt make sense for me. If i was under 35 with less then 10 years yes i would. For me that was 20 years ago.

I had the chance in 2007 in either phx or midway. My kids were just about to enter high school, a bad time to commute or move. I passed. Today no i have 5-6 years to retire it doesnt make sense for me. If i was under 35 with less then 10 years yes i would. For me that was 20 years ago.
Years ago people were leaving US in droves we thought they were going to close the doors, that i get, but in todays enviroment id rather be 1 of 8000 than 1 of 2500 thags just me

Here's more on AA losing Kirby who the Board did in fact pass over to get Parker at the helm. Extremely bad move.
Take note of the para where the union for the mechanics claim a contract in months.

Business Reuters
As United Airlines seals CEO succession plan, eyes turn to American

"Parker and Isom have blamed lengthy flight delays and cancellations this year on the Boeing 737 MAX grounding and an "illegal work slowdown" by mechanics. The mechanics union has denied the allegations and is in contract talks with the airline, which is aiming for a deal within months."

They been saying that for years...

Would you have made the same move in todays enviroment where your job would remain stable,
AA offered an early out in late 2012 so I took it, retired at age 56, and was fortunate to get on at WN. We have the best contract in the industry hands down. Best pay, benefits, vacation, 12 holidays, and several other perks no one will ever see. I made a bold move few would follow but I could not be happier. I do wish you guys the best.

AA offered an early out in late 2012 so I took it, retired at age 56, and was fortunate to get on at WN. We have the best contract in the industry hands down. Best pay, benefits, vacation, 12 holidays, and several other perks no one will ever see. I made a bold move few would follow but I could not be happier. I do wish you guys the best.
congats and thank you! if they staffed Austin id consider it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts