American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had the chance in 2007 in either phx or midway. My kids were just about to enter high school, a bad time to commute or move. I passed. Today no i have 5-6 years to retire it doesnt make sense for me. If i was under 35 with less then 10 years yes i would. For me that was 20 years ago.
No my airline is better than your airline but it took them.7 years to get a contract i think you would showed frustration during that time

AA offered an early out in late 2012 so I took it, retired at age 56, and was fortunate to get on at WN. We have the best contract in the industry hands down. Best pay, benefits, vacation, 12 holidays, and several other perks no one will ever see. I made a bold move few would follow but I could not be happier. I do wish you guys the best.
Well yes you had enough.does WN haventhe best scope in the industry

No my airline is better than your airline but it took them.7 years to get a contract i think you would showed frustration during that time
sure but they got full reto back to the amendable date. i will be more then happy to eat crow if we get the same.

Does anybody KNOW what the association is not willing to move off of during negotiations?

Or as our union rep would say, as soon as AA budges we might get a contract. But budge off of what is the question.

Does anybody KNOW what the association is not willing to move off of during negotiations?

Or as our union rep would say, as soon as AA budges we might get a contract. But budge off of what is the question.
top secret info. cant tell the membership. they cant handle it the association knows better. Its only our future....

Last edited:

Trying to make the legal issues go away so they don't have what AMFA is facing at SWA.

Trying to make the legal issues go away so they don't have what AMFA is facing at SWA.
I cant see either carrier actually wanting monetary damages A permanent injuntion,there likely wouldnt be another job action for maybe 7 or more years get a temporary one then....who knows

Is SWA still seeking financial restitution from AMFA for an alleged job action during contract negotiations or was it resolved outside of court ?

the management at swa amd usair went to the same school at north west. look for similar outcomes for both. the company is not giving up the lawsuit.

Lockers, bulletin boards, uniforms, tool reimbursement and....

I cant see either carrier actually wanting monetary damages A permanent injuntion,there likely wouldnt be another job action for maybe 7 or more years get a temporary one then....who knows

They'd rather have a safeguard from future job actions.

$20M, $40M isn't really significant to the airline and they'll have more value in a permanent Permanent Injunction because it will eliminate the loss of revenue.

They'd rather trade a fine for the Injunction than a vote for the legal liabilities to go away.

Is SWA still seeking financial restitution from AMFA for an alleged job action during contract negotiations or was it resolved outside of court ?

$20M, but SWA wants a permanent Permanent Injunction in exchange for that fine going away.

For other than personal reasons anyone at any job at AA with ten years as you say, quits to start over wth SW or any other carrier isnt very bright.In the end we will all be in the same ballpark as far as pay and benefits
Really? You need to get more educated on what has happened in the past. I can name a dozen folks that have left AA with way more years than 10 at AA that have in fact came over to SWA. For you to claim they are ,not very bright is amazing. They all have spoken that they should have done it a long, long time ago.
As far as the same ballpark for pay and benefits? You are dead wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.