American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
sounds like BS, the IAM could have forced a vote before the association was formed, but didn’t. They probably would have won.

I could believe that IAM doesn’t want any part of any fine, because IAM president wasn’t dumb enough to threaten AA on camera.

I can easily see IAM getting healthcare for their members and LAA mechs supplementing their healthcare with less of a contract. Maybe no shift diff, sick time, or something in order for IAM to help with fine.

it’s sad that I can believe or even think that the association would be capable of that.

The legal liability is to everyone. It isn't because of the "bloody summer" comment. The damage was already done by then.

The IAM medical doesn't survive.

The update is in.....

20191209_221209.jpg

Well then you are wrong!
Birdman is correct there are numerous X-AA mechs here that started coming here even before the BK. They were just sick and tired of it all. I can also name 6-8 sups that also came from AA, some came in as mechs and some came in as sups. Every single one of them all said they wished they had done it earlier. The biggest and most popular excuse they told me was starting all over again. That is hard to do in a strong union and seniority industry after doing it already for 15, 16, 20, 24 and 28 years. And no, that is no exaggeration, there are guys that I spoke with personally that left AA after 20-28 years. 28 being the highest I have heard of so far. Hell our ND of AMFA had somewhere between 15-20 years when he came over.
It's not all just AA. NW, United, US Air, Frontier, AirTran (prior to purchase) America West, Jet Blue, Spirit etc... After 2001 and the attacks, the entire airline industry saw how SWA kept all their employees, even the ones just hired the week of 9-11. After 9-11 we started getting floods of other airline mechanics from all the other airlines. We still are to this day getting them that want to increase their QOL and work for a very stable co. that better treats their employees rather than face the day to day lay-offs and displacements.
All you AA'ers that are even considering leaving AA for SWA, get a hold of the ones that have already done it and quiz them and ask for their opinions. All of them will tell you they wished they did it a long time ago.
Vortilon, I bet you are kicking yourself for not pulling that trigger to go to SWA.
Well thank you for the info.

I would say Amfa has no where near the 10 million in their treasury.Can you name the other resources you speak of.How many members does AMFA have educate me
Nope. You are here for other reasons than to "promote" AMFA for the mechanics and related at AA. The information is out there. You can do your own homework for what you are asking for.

I will answer one of your questions that you would never figure out not being an employee of SWA in a union. Ever since new leadership has taken over within our Pilots group, F/A's group and even our ground workers, we have the full support of all the unions at SWA. Internal assistance, support and unity have been given by all groups, as we will do the same for them. The unity of all the unions at SWA have really gotten extremely strong thx to our current leaders who brought all of us back together instead of the infighting. Even the TWU now fully supports AMFA here and vise versa. Amazing what you can accomplished with such a unified force throughout the employee groups. To this day all the leaders for all unionized employees meet on a regular basis quarterly 4 times per year discussing SWA union employee issues and sharing everything with each other.

Question: what is worse then not getting any info from association?

Answer: having to read all these posts about southwest and amfa

Question: what is worse then not getting any info from association?

Answer: having to read all these posts about southwest and amfa

I enjoy the AMFA information.
The mechanics at Southwest are my peers and I just want a comparable contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.