American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
hmmm, and just from the twu side - there are 530 more title 1 AMTs on company payroll on 12-9-19 as compared to january of 2019.

not sure about how many more iam AMTs hired in the past 11 months..but we're talking about aa beefing up twu AMTs by 8% in 11 months.

there had to be a reason for that?? maybe they needed them after being caught short??

why did they need them? someone tell the judge.
What a sad joke the Association is. The company gives them a solid defense to the court case by hiring so many AMTs and they act like a broke dick dog. Multiple things to show the court how the company botched their own operation. This Samuelson guy should be a guest star on the Bozo show. Unbelievable, and of course the members lose.

24 jets grounded, thousands of less flights/cycles..and the company still beefed up the twu AMT force by nearly 8% in 11 months. how many more iam AMTs did they hire? add those numbers up.

i'd say that the company realized they were short AMTs and maybe, just maybe, operations were negatively affected by a clear lower number of AMTs.

why else would the company hire hundreds of AMTs, after losing thousands of flights this year? to play cards all day?

these guys need to learn how to fight their corner.
the association was so inept they forgot to use that as a defense.

They don't want a strong defense, they WANT to lose which in turn gives them the ability to deliver a concessionary agreement and blame it on the members. They (the ass leaders) dont have the ability to bring back an industry leading agreement. It is entirely their fault. And, they will blame their failures on us, guaranteed..

What's more, get ready for the biggest screwing we've ever seen in our entire careers..

Reactions: swamt
Two weeks of negotiations and no updates.

HAVE WE HAD ENOUGH YEY?

Give the gift of choice

Choose to sign a card!

They are not held accountable to the membership. Good luck trying to get them to reason with you or me.

There lies the problem

Speaking of accountable. Posting this as an example only. I am not for recalling our RII Director at all. Just pointing out that there are processes in place within AMFA where top leaders are held accountable. This is a National level Officer that we now have to vote rather to recall or not.
My personal feelings are that someone in the same loc that tried this once before and failed is trying again to remove someone as they are still butt hurt that they were removed a while back. A control issue using the recall option to try and better his own agenda.
Again gentlemen, with AMFA you can and will hold all officers accountable, and if someone abuses their position or is not representing the members as they are suppose to then they can get removed by the membership. You guys can not do this with the current representation at AA with this asso.
Just another reason to rid yourselves of this asso. that you guys have NO control of.
Note: Our RII Director was just up for election and no one ran against him, so why now the recall for him comes out is beyond me...

So does this mean they are still meeting today (although he said "met") and if a breakdown or breakthrough occurs, they will update.
Or, does it mean exactly what he said "met" and if there is a breakdown or breakthrough within the next few months, years, they will update.

The TWU/IAM Association met this week
with the National Mediation Board and
the Company. Across the table,
discussions continue and in progress. If
there is a breakdown or a breakthrough,
an Association update will be released.

512 Strong

Sincerely and fraternally,

Juan Elvira
President - TWU Local 512

So does this mean they are still meeting today (although he said "met") and if a breakdown or breakthrough occurs, they will update.
Or, does it mean exactly what he said "met" and if there is a breakdown or breakthrough within the next few months, years, they will update.

512 Strong

Juan Elvira

If all holds true with this bunch I predict breakdown
And it’s just sad we will be going through yet another holiday season with no deal, no pay improvements basically nothing we were promised months and months ago

512 Strong

Juan Elvira
Sorry but im preprogrammed for disappointment. I dont beleive anything will come out of it but a hefty bar bill. I dare someone anyone to prove me wrong

512 Strong

Juan Elvira

Talks between the Association, Management, and the NMB are ongoing. Since that is happening an update will not be released at this time, but will once the talks break off an update will be released. Rather than put out something as talks are taking place, the Association will do so at the conclusion of these ongoing discussions, which may continue through the weekend as long as progress is being made. When I have more info, I will send it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.