American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can tell you how many things he TRIED to do for labor, but was BLOCKED by a GOP majority...

2011: “Republicans filibuster Obama infrastructure bill

2012: “‘Phantom filibuster’ blocking path forward for highway bill, says Reid

2013: “Bipartisan Transportation and Housing Bill Filibustered

Equal Pay for Women

Minimum wage increase

Creating American Jobs and Ending Offshoring Act

Bring Jobs Home Act – stop tax breaks for moving jobs and production facilities out of the country

Teachers and First Responders Back to Work Act of 2011 – rehire 400,000 teachers, firefighters, paramedics and police officers.

Student loan reform – ease the crushing burden of student loan debt by at least allowing refinancing to lower interest rates

Extended unemployment benefits – for the long-term unemployed

 Employee Free Choice Act (EFCA) — let working people join unions – filibustered in 2007, killed by threat of filibuster 2009

Public Safety Employer-Employee Cooperation Act – let public safety officers join unions

The Buffett rule – ensure millionaires pay a comparable tax rate to middle-class Americans

Repeal Big Oil Tax Subsidies Act

So no... he didn't get much done for labor, thanks to GOP OBSTRUCTION!

>SPIT<

I can tell you how many things he TRIED to do for labor, but was BLOCKED by a GOP majority...

2011: “Republicans filibuster Obama infrastructure bill

2012: “‘Phantom filibuster’ blocking path forward for highway bill, says Reid

2013: “Bipartisan Transportation and Housing Bill Filibustered

Equal Pay for Women

Minimum wage increase

Creating American Jobs and Ending Offshoring Act

Bring Jobs Home Act – stop tax breaks for moving jobs and production facilities out of the country

Teachers and First Responders Back to Work Act of 2011 – rehire 400,000 teachers, firefighters, paramedics and police officers.

Student loan reform – ease the crushing burden of student loan debt by at least allowing refinancing to lower interest rates

Extended unemployment benefits – for the long-term unemployed

 Employee Free Choice Act (EFCA) — let working people join unions – filibustered in 2007, killed by threat of filibuster 2009

Public Safety Employer-Employee Cooperation Act – let public safety officers join unions

The Buffett rule – ensure millionaires pay a comparable tax rate to middle-class Americans

Repeal Big Oil Tax Subsidies Act

So no... he didn't get much done for labor, thanks to GOP OBSTRUCTION!

>SPIT<

In fairness though Barry seemed to take care of the Iranians, random terrorists, and illegal immigrants pretty well.

Hey Weez I might be next but for now you are the one getting voted off the island so relax and dont take everything negative said about the union personal

I can’t stand some of the pricks on these threads and I don’t do much to hide it. Some of them if I met them in person and wouldn’t get fired for it I’d spit on them.

Hope that didn’t sound too negative?

I can’t stand some of the pricks on these threads and I don’t do much to hide it. Some of them if I met them in person and wouldn’t get fired for it I’d spit on them.

Hope that didn’t sound too negative?
If I dont like someone I avoid talking to them by all means take 700,hes the only one I cant stand but I wish nothing bad on him

dude, that proposal was the opener. The union bosses are being less than honest and have refused to put out any company proposal or any updated union proposal.

The reality is that all negotiations got cuffed after the DOL let the cat out and Sito's election around or at April, 2019.
After, April, Sito will finally sign the deal.
The only question that we dont know at this time is if the company will accept Sitos request to damper negotiations until April 28th.

If not then there will be "great pain".

I make no excuses for people who come here and don't follow the rules, and I don't know about where you live, but most of the undocumented workers I assume you are referring to where I live, are doing work that nobody else seems that excited about doing. I doubt you will find any working for any major companies like UPS or Starbucks. They all require ID's and SSN's. They certainly cannot pass a SIDA background check.

I am interested to know what jobs these undocumented immigrants might be taking that American citizens would want? There is not a large variety of people standing at the day labor sites here. I would assume if there was a large demand for that kind of work, we would see more diversity in those who seek it.

Again, I am not making excuses for people breaking laws. I am asking who wants to do the work they are doing and what jobs are they taking from citizens?
First off, let's cut the politically correct crap and call them what they are, Illegals. Not undocumented workers..... illegals.

Second, are you kidding me? You can't possibly be that naive. You ever wonder how a factory can pay 10 dollars an hour for hot repetitive work...... illegals. Temp services here act as an insurance policy for companies wanting to hire illegal labor. If they get caught they simply place blame on the agency that provided the workers claiming they hold vetting responsibility.

I took a job at Bama Pie. The majority of the people that worked there spoke Spanish or Chinese. I suppose your going to try to tell me all that was all above board right? That is a typical demographic of many of the factories in this city.

I guess you don't think people value factory jobs? They used to be the backbone of the American middle class. Of course that was before globalization and cheap illegal labor.

You need to wake up.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts