American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
"also did TUL get any new work since the merger"

NO In fact we LOST more work because 2 of our B-737 LIGHT C LINES CLOSED due to the Newer LAA B-737's being placed into the LUS Phase Check Program INSTEAD of remaining in the LAA Light C Check Program. The merger has cost us work because instead of our LAA A319's coming to Tulsa they are going to Aeroman in El Salvador. US AIR did this very thing before the merger and we still have the same America West Management making the same decisions.

You line folks must live a very isolated life from the rest of the Airline.

I kinda figured this was coming. Since SWA pulled out of Aeroman that opened the doors for someone to get in until the new hangars are done in either 19 or 20. Just curious if any other airlines have pulled out since we did. At least now all of Southwest outsourced maint is now done within the USA. We know some of the reasons are quality of work, cost and the pain of having employees there. It may be a cost savings to other airlines that already schedule the aircraft in that region with revenue flights to stop by for maint whereas SWA never did, each and every aircraft flown in was a special trip and therefore the flight crews were paid in lots of overtime plus the fuel cost and time. Best to stay in the USA...

Isom earned his bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering and earned an MBA at the University of Michigan. He is the third-largest individual American Airlines shareholder, with a reported 646,205 shares as of May 2018.

Read more: The Top 3 American Airlines Shareholders
At todays current rate Isom has 26 million dollars worth of AA stock. He got his when are we going to get ours? Contract now!!!!

we will see if the iam bosses drop kick our current lus healthcare with a non ta or ta prior to september but maybe within the next 60 days if its a offer only. If its an offer only then get ready for the BS show from Mr Baskett, who may play the role telling everyone that the deal sucks, but already knowing that any vote is sure to be approved by the twu membership which has the numbers.
Remember, nothing compels the iam to knife you by putting YOUR health care in play with a vote.

I read there are negotiations this week but they are mostly M&R. Is anything else going on?
That's what is so pathetic gulfcoast, I honestly can't remember when full blown negotiations took place. There are issues in all work groups, yet just a shell of anything resembling a negotiations session covering all work groups striving to get a JCBA. Even more ridiculous is the Executive Committee taking control and telling the NC to stay home. This is nothing short of Rowan and Martins "Laugh In".

That's what is so pathetic gulfcoast, I honestly can't remember when full blown negotiations took place. There are issues in all work groups, yet just a shell of anything resembling a negotiations session covering all work groups striving to get a JCBA. Even more ridiculous is the Executive Committee taking control and telling the NC to stay home. This is nothing short of Rowan and Martins "Laugh In".
Thought you'd be a Hee Haw man

Tim is Sito more interested in saving the medical or the IAMPF

Don't know Sito and obviously can't answer for Tim but I will it would certainly appear the IAM has a long history of putting the IAMNPF and their institutional interests first-even when the collective direction of the membership is against it:

UT--

Of all the items the company was asking for in each of the proposed concessionary agreements, the *one* thing everyone-junior, senior, 'tween- I spoke with were amenable to was the 401k match. NW would have frozen the pension anyway, so the choice was either the match, or the IAMNP plan. NO ONE wanted the IAM plan, yet it was the one thing the IAM fought hardest for. Not scope, not wages, their plan...

And just how much will retiring folks get from the IAM plan? No one can tell you! The officers in DL143 have no idea how much the multiplier will be..... :angry:

This is from Kev at NWA in 2006.

Josh

You mean “I’m s picking and I’m a grinning” Buck Owens and Roy Clark...with the exception of Lu Lu, the girls were hot.

Only Barbie Benton and the girls.

Hard to believe Misty Rowe and Barbie are both 68 now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts