American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who asked about the company’s starting point? The discussion wasn’t where the company wants their starting point. Obviously they have their own ideas. It was about the IAM and TWU getting together prior to talks and formulating their approach to negotiations. That is where the question led...to OUR position on articles. So the answer is...what I stated and what WeAAs posted from the Association.
The Association did meet for months prior to ever meeting with the company. Those meetings ( for fleet) were facilitated by Dave Virella until he was replaced by M Mayes.
It matters.
As far as you constantly repeating the narrative that we all know, shouldnt you be enforcing the back to back in clt?
Sheesh!

NYer +1
Racer -1

Who asked about the company’s starting point? The discussion wasn’t where the company wants their starting point. Obviously they have their own ideas. It was about the IAM and TWU getting together prior to talks and formulating their approach to negotiations. That is where the question led...to OUR position on articles. So the answer is...what I stated and what WeAAs posted from the Association.
The Association did meet for months prior to ever meeting with the company. Those meetings ( for fleet) were facilitated by Dave Virella until he was replaced by M Mayes.

August 7, 2015

Fleet Service Update:
Your Fleet Service Negotiating Committee met over the last two weeks in Chicago to continue the reconciliation of our contracts in preparation for our upcoming negotiations with American.

This is a tedious but necessary process as we decide which language to keep, remove or enhance while writing new proposal language for the

joint collective bargaining agreement.

We have been working together for the last two weeks and it has been a very successful endeavor. The team has become a cohesive unit with one goal: to provide you with the best contract in the airline industry.

We have future meetings in Dallas-Fort Worth and will inform the membership of the dates when the schedule is finalized.

We look forward to a bright future for the TWU-IAM Association and we appreciate your support during this critical process.

Fraternally,

Fleet Service Negotiations Committee:

The Association was created in May of 2013.
The Association was certified in May of 2015.
The Association NC's met for the first time in July of 2015.

It seems there was a bunch of wasted time in there.

Finally the real Tim Nelson reveals himself! I can tell you one thing Obama or any other Democrate never did, and that's to initiate draft, and present legislation that would completely DESTROY Organized Labor!

https://www.bna.com/trump-administration-puts-n57982083381/

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entr...ins-in-washington_us_5891fb30e4b0522c7d3e354d

Of course, the "real" Tim Nelson actually wants this, doesn't he?

>SPIT<

I do know that I do not want any of my money whether cash or from my dues to be used anywhere on anything political without my approval. If from dues it must be my choice where it ends up.

As for your Right to Work, it has nothing to do with American Airlines or my employment. This has been a problem for a long time.

And if you note the lingering anger still of the two Unions making the decision to bond without the approval of a Membership vote to determine their opinion if that was the best or most preferable decision, I’m sure that meeting before the NMB even certified would have caused even greater hostilities then what already exists.

You’re obviously of the opinion that the second Buffenbarger and Little dreamed up this Association the two sides should have begun the process further confirming the likelihood that there NEVER was going to be a vote and the Membership was completely LIED to.

The Association would absolutely be in a much better and stronger position today had they only told the TRUTH from the outset about that vote.

American Airlines Fails to Honor Their Word
July 18, 2018
0 Comments

July 18, 2018

Brothers and Sisters,

As was reported earlier, the Association Executive Negotiating Committee met with American Airlines June 25th through June 27th in Washington, DC. During those meetings, your committee and the company made some progress in Scope discussions and it was agreed that the company would deliver a comprehensive Scope proposal prior to our next meeting on July 17th.

THEY DID NOT!

Disappointingly, American failed to keep their word and deliver a counter on Scope. Instead, the company again insisted on cuts to Association members’ healthcare; a proposal equivalent to a “bankruptcy healthcare” plan in a time of extraordinary profits. No discussions were held on other important economic issues.

American Airlines management believes that this Association will cave in on the most important elements of our joint collective bargaining agreements.

WE WILL NOT!

The company continues to publicly claim that they want to finish these negotiations, but their actions behind closed doors at the bargaining table say otherwise and their rhetoric is a blatant attempt to divide us.

Providing access to the best plans for all Association members would increase the company’s total costs by just one-tenth of one percent (0.1%). This is a minuscule amount compared to the enormous profits —$2.4 billion in 2017— that we help generate.

Our members must let the company know that our Association will continue to remain strong and unified, and will not acquiesce to the company’s substandard demands.

Stay strong and tell the company you will not cave.

Fraternally,

Your Association Executive Negotiating Committee

I must have missed the official update that they were meeting this week. Must have been an oversight.

And if you note the lingering anger still of the two Unions making the decision to bond without the approval of a Membership vote to determine their opinion if that was the best or most preferable decision, I’m sure that meeting before the NMB even certified would have caused even greater hostilities then what already exists.

You’re obviously of the opinion that the second Buffenbarger and Little dreamed up this Association the two sides should have begun the process further confirming the likelihood that there NEVER was going to be a vote and the Membership was completely LIED to.

The Association would absolutely be in a much better and stronger position today had they only told the TRUTH from the outset about that vote.
WeAAz, you didn't mention the fact that both Buffy and Little bent over for Trumpka quicker than folding chairs.

WeAAz, you didn't mention the fact that both Buffy and Little bent over for Trumpka quicker than folding chairs.

It was not the IAM who bent over, it was Jim Little and that team who made the call. The IAM was actually violating the AFL/CIO Constitution by conducting a raid to attempt to get the TWU to talk to them about a partnership.

I do continue to believe an Association was the better option over the animosity that we would have today had the TWU brushed Trumka aside. But the FACTS are still and always that the Members were lied to about that vote.

A very very very stupid move.

And why Jim Little and the others were finally ousted.

As a TWU member, if you think the Association was a better option, all I can say is...
Never mind, it's best I keep it to myself.

What are you talking about, wasted time??
You just said the association was certified 05/15. They met 07/15.

Status
Not open for further replies.