American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wowsy. Where is that inference?

It has been stated; repeatedly, there was much wasted time from the inception of the Association in 2013 to the two side getting together to prepare for negotiations, which didn't happen until July 2015.

More than two years.

You want to count two months, then, by all means, do so, but the organization was in place since 2013. The organization was created in large part to negotiate but if you believe it is acceptable to wait two years before preparing for the reason it was designed then that's your choice. To me, it seems that was wasted time and a lost opportunity.
Motivation for what? Lose their Medical, lose their pension.
Your words: I’d say that is the inference....
The error that was made from the beginning is none of us being advised what the issues the other side had. We didn't get together and try to reach a consensus of what was important and what was going to be the priorities. We didn't start this process by understanding each other's issues and formulating a process moving forward.

It was basically, let's get the best of all the language and not much thought put into what would happen when that goal wasn't achievable. Going into the process without a roadmap is something that slowed the process

Which leaves us bitter, and no choice but the nuclear option. Todays update did not help at all. Im being held back by your medical.
Where was the iam leadership when on my day off walking in circles banging a twu sign, not an iam or association sign. Where was the iam leadership for my fight? Sorry fellas your fights not mine. If from the begining, what ever beginning you clowns decide on the iam was a true partner in the association instead of a fair weather partner i would sympathize with you and your medical.

I hope so on your part Tim, and quite honestly mine. I still say put something out for a vote and let us decide.
i dont want a vote but im tired of Sitos bullshit as well. Im waiting for dol.
According to the update, it looks like AA flipped the script. Instead of a response to their previous sessions, the company said let’s talk medical. That is just the company attempting to control the talks. Be grateful that the Assoc didn’t fall for it.
all BS

The error that was made from the beginning is none of us being advised what the issues the other side had. We didn't get together and try to reach a consensus of what was important and what was going to be the priorities. We didn't start this process by understanding each other's issues and formulating a process moving forward.

It was basically, let's get the best of all the language and not much thought put into what would happen when that goal wasn't achievable. Going into the process without a roadmap is something that slowed the process
AND ITS VERY CLEAR THAT STILL NOT HAPPENING.

Which leaves us bitter, and no choice but the nuclear option. Todays update did not help at all. Im being held back by your medical.
Where was the iam leadership when on my day off walking in circles banging a twu sign, not an iam or association sign. Where was the iam leadership for my fight? Sorry fellas your fights not mine. If from the begining, what ever beginning you clowns decide on the iam was a true partner in the association instead of a fair weather partner i would sympathize with you and your medical.
It would be YOUR Medical too...lol

I said it and I will say it again. We are being held hostage by the minority. The IAM could give a rat's ass about outsourcing as they already have a high percentage.
It's all about the medical. If anyone believes that the company is going to reverse course on the medical issue, well you know what they say about a particular bride in NY being for sale.

Really????
What is clear .....we as an assoc have taken a position...you are just opposed to it

And you guys need to hold on to that position. Off of here where the old farts hang out I’m running into a lot of younger members who would like to get in on that better medical.

What the old farts here don’t see is that in Fleet at least, AA has hired a ton of new kids. Lots of those kids are NOT taking the Medical cause they can’t afford it PERIOD. Some of these guys have already started their families and have young kids of their own.

Racer ignore the IWM (I want mine) crowd. DON’T give up that Medical.

And you guys need to hold on to that position. Off of here where the old farts hang out I’m running into a lot of younger members who would like to get in on that better medical.

What the old farts here don’t see is that in Fleet at least, AA has hired a ton of new kids. Lots of those kids are NOT taking the Medical cause they can’t afford it PERIOD. Some of these guys have already started their families and have young kids of their own.

Racer ignore the IWM (I want mine) crowd. DON’T give up that Medical.
Copy that!!!
Thanks for the video too. Where do you find this stuff? I’m glad you do because it supports what I’ve posted. I Appreciate it.

Copy that!!!
Thanks for the video too. Where do you find this stuff? I’m glad you do because it supports what I’ve posted. I Appreciate it.

I’ve learned the last few years it doesn’t matter how much proof you throw at that guy, he’s going to continue to try to throw out his own narratives anyway.

And that’s easy stuff to find. Just have to have a general idea of the dates and it takes less than a minute to pull up.

http://www.usaamerger.com/

And you say if it eventually gets to where you like the contract you will vote yes. But someone votes yes for something you would not, those are IGM people. You guys are something else.

It would be YOUR Medical too...lol
Our medical? Chief ill tell you what if the iam had been a "true" partner and actually showed support from the beginning instead of letting us do the picketing, we would have had the chance at the medical. You at the iam clearly showed the division by NOT supporting us. A clear miscalculation by the iam leadership. The company cleared placed the wedge where that poor decision was made. Now you want me to wait till a mediator forces a vote? No dont think so.

And you say if it eventually gets to where you like the contract you will vote yes. But someone votes yes for something you would not, those are IGM people. You guys are something else.

And I’ve also said that if the Company throws out a last offer that we should vote on it before entering the formality of the RLA Section 6 process too. And that even if maybe I’d vote no.

AANOTOK can you recall one poster on here or any IAM Member saying that we should give up our Scope so maybe they can keep something they want or to make this process go faster?

I’m telling you I swear I really mean this. The more we fight them and not the Company, the more they’re going to dig in their heels. It’s ABSOLUTELY what I would do. A big F you on principle alone.

I dont think the depth of discord is being conveyed truthfully to the association. But it will be shortly.

Status
Not open for further replies.