American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Tom remember, “Time is money, and Time wasted is money lost”...now get back to work on Weasels Gold and Green “Winner” marks...

Obviously the time you think our Negotiators are continuing to spend on Scope, Vacation, Station Staffing, Medical, Retirement and Wages are wasted time and you want to vote on whatever it is the Company will present to you.

The time they’re spending on this to me is time “Well Spent”

Don’t worry. When it’s all over you’ll feel the same way.

Maybe you do? You keep bringing up my name. You keep looking for my attention.

I’m not focused on you the way you’re focused on me.
You mean the way you do NYer? Hypocrite much?? I see you already have another comment waiting for me. Shoo, go away and take your "Winner" fairy with you. I have other adults I need to converse with and you two are a waist of time...later boys!

Steve here we are pointing the finger again at the IAM instead of AA. I’ll take my 23 year career over any of my IAM LUS counterparts. You know they had their DBP frozen back in 1992 right.

And BTW we’ve gotten the cake, all we’re waiting for now is the icing. We’ve gone up since the BK by around $10.00 per hour or $20,000 per year. $43,000 became $63,000.

Pushing our own people and partners to hurry up for us is not going to work. All it’s doing IMO is creating more and more animosity. WE are creating our own animosity.

You misunderstood the point I was making, or I said it wrong. I'm not pointing any fingers except at the TWU people who have in my opinion been patiently waiting upwards of 15 years to vote on something that didn't come with a gun to the head. So for some including yourself it has been far longer then 2 1/2 years.

Reactions: Mellow23
You mean the way you do NYer? Hypocrite much?? I see you already have another comment waiting for me. Shoo, go away and take your "Winner" fairy with you. I have other adults I need to converse with and you two are a waist of time...later boys!

This response is not particularly for you but for the people who read here.

Here’s what I finally recognize about this particular poster. He’s under a time constraint. He has 4 years left to go and is trying to maximize that value prior to leaving. So yes in his Worldview he does see particular fights as being a waste of his time. Completely understandable now and if I were in his shoes I’d be feeling the same way. (I’m not in his shoes though)

The way I’m looking at it for maximizing my long term value is this way.

I have roughly 10 years or so left before I retire. I want our Negotiators to do it right this time so they have no excuses the next time when this contract comes up for renewal.

Historically now we’re seeing 4 and 5 year Contract Negotiations that we lose tremendous value on through compounded interest that the Company gets to keep despite any Retro pay.

If the Association Negotiators get this done right this first time and this is as expected a 5 year deal, the hope is all we need to ask for when it comes up for renewal is wages. Nothing more.

We’ve seen these Companies are willing to extend wages but Union Political positions require Leaders to want to open the full agreements (stupid) to try to capture even further improvements. And if our Contract is solid enough to begin with we on the floor can demand from our Leaders to NOT open the full agreements and instead just capture further wages.

I want a Contract today that even if it extended out all the way to the day I walk out the door, I can live with it.

That’s what it looks like to me these guys today are doing.

Reactions: Kev3188
You misunderstood the point I was making, or I said it wrong. I'm not pointing any fingers except at the TWU people who have in my opinion been patiently waiting upwards of 15 years to vote on something that didn't come with a gun to the head. So for some including yourself it has been far longer then 2 1/2 years.

Steve check out my above response to AANOTOK. That’s my response to what you wrote.

We still have time left at AA to maximize our “long term” value.

I think that’s the way you and I should be thinking?

This isn’t going to be our last Contract.

Steve check out my above response to AANOTOK. That’s my response to what you wrote.

We still have time left at AA to maximize our “long term” value.

I think that’s the way you and I should be thinking?

This isn’t going to be our last Contract.

I agree on 99% of it, the 1% is I'm sure next go around there will be yet another Scope fight but that's to be expected.
Let me ask you, even though we have debated this before, given your acceptance that it will take as long as it needs to take to get it done right, how long before we see anything to vote on. Judging by Basketts update and last week's meeting going nowhere, I'm sticking with 2 years. And someone showed me the latest making the rounds on Neapolitan's page about $3k signing bonus plus $500 for every year seniority.

If not done right, it very well could be the last one for many of your coworkers.

Speaking on Fleet solely.

Despite what you may read or have been led to believe about the only way this could be done wrong now would be if our Negotiators succumb to Membership pressures to be hasty and rush the process to conclusion.

Honestly perhaps it’s better at this point that the Union Executive Leaders are the ones in direct talks with the Company rather than Presidents and AGC’s who would be subject to their members anxieties directly.

I agree on 99% of it, the 1% is I'm sure next go around there will be yet another Scope fight but that's to be expected.

And that’s why I want it done right this time. I don’t want any legitimate reasons for us to feel the need to fully open. Wages are usually offered on early openers and I hope our foundation is strong enough that those can be accepted and move on. (You can see where my position would be if I were a Prez)

Let me ask you, even though we have debated this before, given your acceptance that it will take as long as it needs to take to get it done right, how long before we see anything to vote on. Judging by Basketts update and last week's meeting going nowhere, I'm sticking with 2 years.

Like I said Steve I’m no longer going to offer that guess because a certain individual is always ready to pounce when I pick my Football Pool box. Apparently I can’t have guesses especially if I might be wrong?

2 years more? Your guess is as good as anyone else’s.

And someone showed me the latest making the rounds on Neapolitan's page about $3k signing bonus plus $500 for every year seniority.

Is (Little Nap) himself spreading that rumor? Well we’ll see if the Company wants or feels the need to do another Jetnet Commercial and confirms that tid bit.

Seems far fetched to me though BUT maybe it could satisfy that Medical cost rise and the loss of our Prefunding Match? (Close some books)

Hey Tom remember, “Time is money, and Time wasted is money lost”...now get back to work on Weasels Gold and Green “Winner” marks...
I like that name "Tom"... I'll take it... everyone please call me Tom from this point forward...

Let me ask you, even though we have debated this before, given your acceptance that it will take as long as it needs to take to get it done right, how long before we see anything to vote on. Judging by Basketts update and last week's meeting going nowhere, I'm sticking with 2 years. And someone showed me the latest making the rounds on Neapolitan's page about $3k signing bonus plus $500 for every year seniority.

Today and in Section 6, time is no longer our friend.

We bought some time because of the Wage Adjustment in 2016, but as Fleet falls further behind everyone in the industry, the more leverage the Company gets and that's not considering any external forces that can also influence the proceedings. The work that is hopefully being done is to maximize the CBA in financial and language areas.

I like that name "Tom"... I'll take it... everyone please call me Tom from this point forward...

He believes you’re Tom Talbert AKA the infamous 700UW.

It’s funny because you’re writing styles are so different that any time 700 has popped back on it only takes one or two posts before I can tag him (Too many paragraphs)

It’s also funny the obsession people have with 700 and the need to make sure he can’t get back on here. Most never could beat him in a debate.

Maybe you do? You keep bringing up my name. You keep looking for my attention.

I’m not focused on you the way you’re focused on me.
That's because you refuse to capitulate, and adapt the Branch Nelsionian cult of divisional prophecies...

He believes you’re Tom Talbert AKA the infamous 700UW.

It’s funny because you’re writing styles are so different that any time 700 has popped back on it only takes one or two posts before I can tag him (Too many paragraphs)

It’s also funny the obsession people have with 700 and the need to make sure he can’t get back on here. Most never could beat him in a debate.
Hey man... I'll bee 700 too... cool... I'm ALL those dudes!

Hey man... I'll bee 700 too... cool... I'm ALL those dudes!
Weez... you are correct, no one can out debate him (700) because he knows his facts, he presents reputable sources to validate his position...

And most important... he does not spin... with him... "it is what it is"!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.